It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s N.Y. hush money sentencing delayed until after Nov. election

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Well, so much for throwing him in jail before the election. Another loss for political lawfare, and why does it feel as if something has finally shifted?

So many on X and elsewhere were counting on him being sentenced to jail time when there is no precedent for jail in cases of this nature and first-time conviction.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Prosecutors did not object to a request from Trump’s attorneys to delay the sentencing, which had been scheduled for Sept. 18.

New York Supreme Court Justice Juan Merchan changed the date to Nov. 26, noting the extraordinary nature and timing of the first-ever sentencing of a former U.S. president — a defendant who, in this case, in again running for the highest office in the land.

“This matter is one that stands alone, in a unique place in this Nation’s history, and this Court has presided over it since its inception — from arraignment to jury verdict and a plenitude of motions and other matters in-between,” Merchan wrote.

edit on p000000309pm096 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

More proof that they are using the legal system in a malicious if not comedic manner.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I say it's a standard drama ruse. The case will get dismissed and reversed anyway because of The SCOTUS Rulings. All for show, just like what the guy on the video the other day said. 😃

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Merchan and Family is under investigation for corruption too. 🤤 boi-ing ing ing ing

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Well Stupid just had a brain fart.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Merchan and Family is under investigation for corruption too. 🤤 boi-ing ing ing ing

The originally planned September 18, 2024 Sentencing of former President Trump by corrupt Judge Juan Merchan was discussed in this ATS thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The NEW plan for the post-election Sentencing of PRESIDENT-ELECT Donald J. Trump is...

Judge Merchan is a rogue lawfare element, do not try to convince me he is bound by any legal or judicial limitations.

If you accept the possibility of political LAWFARE, then consider Judge Merchan may be positioned as an insurance policy against President Donald Trump taking office.

The scenario would be President Trump winning the election (too big to rig) and then finding himself being sentenced to prison after his victory.

Not only would this scenario play into the hands of those who promise to defeat Trump even in victory, it would also create constitutional crisis, upend the political system, and likely trigger something akin to a civil war – exactly what the Intelligence Community/Deep State would relish.
Continued at: theconservativetreehouse.com...-263894

If the above scenario is executed, the top of U.S. government will be forcefully, totally re-staffed.
🤨

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I knew this was going nowhere, the appeals would have thrown the whole circus trial out of the window, beside that the Potus ruling made sure that Trump will stay in place as a presidential candidate.

Its really sad how our judicial system has turned into crap under the democrats in power.

I hope Trump go after their darn corruption when he wins the elections.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I say it's a standard drama ruse. The case will get dismissed and reversed anyway because of The SCOTUS Rulings. All for show, just like what the guy on the video the other day said. 😃

The DOJ official you're referring to, said in private (on hidden camera), what all legal authorities of good conscience are thinking...

Biase, who has known Alvin Bragg for fifteen years, explained how the New York District Attorney “rearranged [certain facts] just to make [them] fit” his makeshift legal theory, an entirely “political” hatchet job for the purposes of elevating his own profile.

In just a few short sentences, Biase perfectly summarized Bragg’s modus operandi:

“He wants to be, something … a mayor? I’m not sure what he wants to be, but I know he’s not happy just being the DA of New York County. Before he decided to prosecute Trump, did you know who he was? You do now!”
Extracted from: www.thegatewaypundit.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 09:53 PM
link   
What changed suddenly?

Something or someone msut have motivated him to change the date.

It's not like he didn't know the election was going to be held in November. Why was it even scheduled for July then September.

And if Merchan truly believes his words, shouldn't the trial it self been delayed until after the election.

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Another loss for political lawfare

Only if you believe that is what it was.

why does it feel as if something has finally shifted?

Nothing has shifted. It's simply that, as the election approaches, all these wild far-right predictions are being shown up for the paranoid nonsense they are.

Time to start brushing up on those trusty stolen-election claims again... though if MAGA couldn't make them fly with their man actually in the White House, I doubt they'll even get them off the ground this time.

The circus is over, kids. Time for bed, and leave the grown-ups to take care of grown-up things.

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 06:42 AM
link   

SCOTUS made a determination regarding official presidential acts that use the privileges of executive office to defend American interests, ie drone strikes and other operations that potentially incriminate a president just doing their job. Are we pretending we don't know the difference between apples and oranges? 🤨

I agree the prosecution is entirely political in nature, and if it was anyone else they would easily reduce the case to a misdemeanor, fine him and have done with it. But the two questions are unrelated.

edit on 7-9-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Played it right down the middle... Democrats still get their lawfair propaganda point ... but do not increase the anger amongst those who have an issue with lawfair in this country. The Kamala Harris campaign knows the race could go either way and now is not the time for bold upsets.

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Kallipygywiggy

Should be easy to measure.

Who before and who since has been held to the same legal standard as Trump?

Who before and who since has been held to the same scrutiny as Trump?

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kallipygywiggy

Another loss for political lawfare

why does it feel as if something has finally shifted?

Nothing has shifted. It's simply that, as the election approaches, all these wild far-right predictions are being shown up for the paranoid nonsense they are.

Time to start brushing up on those trusty stolen-election claims again... though if MAGA couldn't make them fly with their man actually in the White House, I doubt they'll even get them off the ground this time.

The circus is over, kids. Time for bed, and leave the grown-ups to take care of grown-up things.

It was imperative that he be charged and arrested on SOMETHING before the election. That's why there were so many cases all at once. Any of which could have been brought in the 3 years prior. To think this isn't exactly what it looks like it idiotic.

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Kallipygywiggy

Merchan can't do anything till he reviews all the SCOTUS rulings that may nullify most of the evidence used in the trial. That alone will take all year. 😀 There's motions pending. MSM is still stuck on BS.

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

The case is 500x more complicated than that. 😊

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Possibly Merchan was smart enough to know sentencing Trump before the election would make his victory on November 5th, even more likely.

Food for Thought: dailycaller.com...

😒

posted on Sep, 7 2024 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2v2

Within hours of Stefanik’s complaint being submitted, however, Merchan postponed Trump’s sentencing in the criminal case until Nov. 26 — exactly three weeks after the election.

“The same day I filed an official ethics complaint shedding new light on Acting Justice Merchan’s egregious conflict of interest, refusing to recuse himself despite his family’s increased financial ties to the sham Manhattan trial, he postponed President Trump’s sentencing until after the election,” Stefanik said in a statement Friday afternoon

link
NY politics is what happened. Funny I read about this in the physical newspaper, but had to hunt their web page to find it.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: wAnchorofCarp

Who before and who since has been held to the same legal standard/scrutiny as Trump?

Every single democratically elected politician ever.

You weren't paying attention, that's all.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kallipygywiggy
a reply to: wAnchorofCarp

Who before and who since has been held to the same legal standard/scrutiny as Trump?

Every single democratically elected politician ever.

You weren't paying attention, that's all.

False.

Evidenced by your ad absurdum and lack of any kind of source.

Thanks for playing.

top topics

join