It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Only Book That Exposes Satan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Greets fellows ATSizens. I hope this day finds you in peace. It has been awhile I have posted on this website (aside for the past week where I have been keeping a thread up-to-date on my Bible reading.)

The Bible calls Satan the "ruler of the world." And Jesus did not deny it. When Jesus was on earth and was fasting in the wilderness for 40 days and 40 nights Satan appeared to Jesus and offered him the power over all the governments of the world. Satan boasted that they were his and he could give them to whomever he so pleased:

"So he brought him up and showed him all the kingdoms of the inhabited earth in an instant of time. Then the Devil said to him: “I will give you all this authority and their glory, because it has been handed over to me, and I give it to whomever I wish. If you, therefore, do an act of worship before me, it will all be yours.”-Luke 4:5-8.

Jesus told his followers that the "ruler of the world," his enemy, Satan the Devil, had no hold on him:

"I will not speak with you much more, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has no hold on me."-John 14:30.

At the beginning of the Bible in Genesis 3:1-5 we are told that the serpent spoke to and lied to Eve. Then we have the prophecy of Genesis 3:15 of the enmity between the serpent and its offspring, and the woman and its offspring.

Revelation 12:9 reveals the original serpent as being Satan the Devil:

"So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him."-Revelation 12:9.

Now usually when I make threads I go into greater detail about the subjects that come to mind. But this seems to me to suffice.

Now here is why I decided to write this here. I oft find people saying that the Bible "borrows" from other religions. But here is something for these skeptics to ponder. No other religion of religious text exposes Satan as does the Bible. It clearly reveals that Satan is the invisible spirit ruler of the world. That all the governments derive their power from him, whether knowingly or unknowingly. In fact the very thought of human rule itself is an affront to the true Sovereign of the universe, Jehovah God. No other religious text exposes Satan for who he is and his true murderous and slanderous nature. (John 8:44.) Why is that? Because Satan is also the ruler of false religion.

edit on Mon, 02 Sep 2024 14:53:12 -0500pm90220240900000012America/ChicagoMon, 02 Sep 2024 14:53:12 -0500 by randomuser2034 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 02:27 PM
link   

In fact the very thought of human rule itself is an affront to the true Sovereign of the universe, Jehovah God. No other religious text exposes Satan for who he is and his true murderous and slanderous nature. (John 8:44.) Why is that? Because Satan is also the ruler of false religion.

It's interesting you bring this up.

I was thinking the other day. What is the Greatest sin a person can commit ?

Murder ? Rape ? Sexually abusing a Child ?

Then I thought no none of these are the worst . The worst sin you can commit is to be a " False prophet" . To knowingly Twist the word of God and use it for your own benefit and greed . To manipulate , control and seek Power using the Name of God.
edit on 2-9-2024 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

In fact the very thought of human rule itself is an affront to the true Sovereign of the universe, Jehovah God. No other religious text exposes Satan for who he is and his true murderous and slanderous nature. (John 8:44.) Why is that? Because Satan is also the ruler of false religion.

It's interesting you bring this up.

I was thinking the other day. What is the Greatest sin a person can commit ?

Murder ? Rape ? Sexually abusing a Child ?

Then I thought no none of these are the worst . The worst sin you can commit is to be a " False Profit " . To knowingly Twist the word of God and use it for your own benefit and greed . To manipulate , control and seek Power using the Name of God.

I see it the same way. My mother became a Mormon, and while they seem to have really good community and youth programs they still bastardized the Word of God and created a cult religion.

Deuteronomy 4:2-5 You shall not add to the word which I command you, nor take from it, that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

There are many cult religions; some of them are just more obvious, like Heavens Gate and Charles Manson's. They twist the Word, add to and take away-then voila! They're the only 'believers' that will get to heaven.
edit on 1/1/1908 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

It's these reasons that I've had a bad taste in my mouth about religion for years.

I was raised Baptist myself and I believe strongly in a Foundation of Christian teachings to children . But it's hard finding a community Church you can Trust for your children.

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Then I thought no none of these are the worst . The worst sin you can commit is to be a " False Profit " .

I would think it is actually confusing the words "profit" and "prophet." I'm sure there are many jokes in there. Profits from prophets and all that. All religons are cults anyway. It's just a matter of size.

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler2

Then I thought no none of these are the worst . The worst sin you can commit is to be a " False Profit " .

I would think it is actually confusing the words "profit" and "prophet." I'm sure there are many jokes in there. Profits from prophets and all that. All religons are cults anyway. It's just a matter of size.

lol damn ATS spell check it gets me every-time .

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser2034

Bible. It clearly reveals that Satan is the invisible spirit ruler of the world. That all the governments derive their power from him, whether knowingly or unknowingly. In fact the very thought of human rule itself is an affront to the true Sovereign of the universe, Jehovah God.

So this seems to be an admission that DFB (Devil from the Bible) is the one responsible for civilization, rather than GFB (God from the Bible) as is claimed by many modern day Christians. For what is government but the administration of civilization.

In my investigation of 7MM (7 Mountain Mandate version of Christianity) I found an interesting article:
A Critique of the Seven Mountain Mandate

“I’m wondering whether I should view Christianity not only as misguided, but as an existential threat to me and my family, and actively fight against it.”
The seven mountain mandate, or seven mountain prophecy, is a strategy for cultural engagement popularized by Lance Wallnau and Bill Johnson in their 2013 book Invading Babylon. Since its advent, the perspective has gained popularity, especially among charismatic and Pentecostal Christians. Proponents of the 7M mandate call on Christians to retake seven spheres (or mountains) of cultural influence: religion, family, government, education, media, arts/entertainment, and business.
Advocates of the 7M mandate find their biblical warrant for retaking the culture in Revelation 17:8–10, a passage that describes a scarlet beast with seven heads which, John says, “are seven mountains” (v. 9). The passage was intended as a picture (within a book of pictures) of the spiritual battle waged through all history until Christ returns.

When I read the bit about the scarlet beast and the prostitute riding it, I couldn't help but think of JW interpretation of verse 16 about what happens to the prostitute.

I haven't read the book Invading Babylon: The 7 Mountain Mandate so I don't know how the author interprets that.

As it is, I'm very fond of civilization and government "gift of SFB" so if the 7MM people actually take over I will probably just go along and pretend that I am one of them, while harboring secular Enlightenment notions internally. I know that that isn't exactly letting my light shine, but hey, is it worth dying for?

edit on 2-9-2024 by FullHeathen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: FullHeathen

Since the rebellion in the Garden of Eden mankind was ousted from God's family and has been under subjugation to the rule of Satan the Devil. In the Bible God has only ever ruled through the nation of Israel until they rebelled so much he sent them into captivity to Babylon. Kings on the throne of David ceased to reign on earth and represent God's throne. But God did make an everlasting covenant with King David that someone in his line would always rule. And he that came with the legal right to rule was Jesus Christ. His rule is heavenly. That is why he said his kingdom is no part of of this world and his subjects are no part of this world.

All mankind is under Satan's rule. Only those who become subjects of God's kingdom in heaven and separate themselves from this world's politics and wars are not in Satan's control. Only Jehovah's Witnesses are free from subjugation to Satan the Devil. There are only two rulers. The ruler of this world, and Jesus Christ - the ruler of God's established heavenly government that is soon going to come and wage war with this wicked world and put an end to all human rule and establish a heavenly government of peace over all the earth.

This is what the mark of the wild beast, 666, a man's number is symbolic of.

See these threads I authored previously about these subjects:

The Real Rulers of the World

666 - Number of the Beast

The Incoming Worldwide Government

edit on Mon, 02 Sep 2024 18:20:32 -0500pm90220240900000032America/ChicagoMon, 02 Sep 2024 18:20:32 -0500 by randomuser2034 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 06:54 PM
link   

In the Bible God has only ever ruled through the nation of Israel until they rebelled so much

It has been a very long time (decades) since I've sat down and read the whole Bible through. But a sort of sketch of "the historical unfolding" seems like this to me:

Cain was an agriculturalist (one of the civilized skills). Abel was a herder (sort of between hunter-gatherer and civilized). GFB accepted Abel rather than Cain. Cain killed Able and was exiled to wander East. Where he made cities (civilization with all sorts of skills and trades beyond agriculture).

Fast forward to Tower of Babel: GFB did not approve of all this human civilization so he did a thing to cause division.

Fast forward: Abraham is called to abandon civilized world and go to wandering around with herds and digging the occasional well (hydrology).

GFB adopts some people and tells them "I am your king. Don't be like the nations." But the people say "We want to be like the nations".

GFB says "Fine, but you are rejecting me." Then he picks a king for them. He gets killed while fighting the Philistines so GFB picks another king (not himself) for them.

That king gets a bright idea "I will build a temple for you." GFB says "I don't want it. That's the sort of thing that false gods have. But if you insist on being more like the nations then I guess your son can build one.

So Solomon, second son of the Hittite Bathsheba, becomes king, builds a nation just like the nations with a temple just like the false gods have.

I fail to see how such a thing could be approved by GFB who wanted people to not be like the civilized nations.

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: FullHeathen

Seems pretty much to be spot on. Of course if you read it through and try to see it from God's point of view you may understand some of the things differently. God told Abraham that his people would be subjected and it wouldn't be for 400 years until he appeared and freed them. And that was of course what happened when they were subjected into slavery by the king of Egypt. Of course a lot more happened between that time. In any event God lead them out and formed the nation of Israel into his covenant people. Of course they broke that covenant as soon as they made it. In fact it was while I was reading through the Bible earlier this year that I came to realization that it was then and there that God decided to do away with the nation of Israel as his named people and was going to form a new nation, that would include people of all the nations of earth to be the kingdom of priests that he said he the Israelites would become if they obeyed his voice. That covenant for a priesthood was given to the anointed Christian congregation, the real Israel of God, the spiritual Israel, that would include some Jews, but mostly people of the nations. You can see my thoughts on this subject here:

I Will Incite them to Jealousy with what is not a People

As for the Temple of Solomon. It was built after the pattern of the tabernacle in the wilderness and later came to rest at Shiloh. It did have symbolic importance that Paul touches on in his letter to the Hebrews and other books of the Bible. It represented shadows of realities that would be revealed in the sacred secret concerning Jesus Christ, and pertained to the heavenly realities when he began to officiate as high priest in the presence of God. (The Most Holy).

But you are correct Jehovah never gave as much importance to a literal place as he did to the people. The people were and are what he loves, not any single place or building. And his law to Moses didn't advance the secular careers of anyone. It didn't prepare them or advance them in a secular sense. It was given to make the people that followed it approved by God.

The same is true of the law of Christ given to the Christian congregation. It does not prepare a person to be wise in a secular sense. In fact Jesus said that the sons of the the light really don't have as much skill or wisdom secularly as do the sons of this system of things:

"And his master commended the steward, though unrighteous, because he acted with practical wisdom; for the sons of this system of things are wiser in a practical way toward their own generation than the sons of the light are."-Luke 16:8.
edit on Mon, 02 Sep 2024 19:15:22 -0500pm90220240900000022America/ChicagoMon, 02 Sep 2024 19:15:22 -0500 by randomuser2034 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomuser2034
Greets fellows ATSizens. I hope this day finds you in peace. It has been awhile I have posted on this website (aside for the past week where I have been keeping a thread up-to-date on my Bible reading.)

The Bible calls Satan the "ruler of the world." And Jesus did not deny it. When Jesus was on earth and was fasting in the wilderness for 40 days and 40 nights Satan appeared to Jesus and offered him the power over all the governments of the world. Satan boasted that they were his and he could give them to whomever he so pleased:

"So he brought him up and showed him all the kingdoms of the inhabited earth in an instant of time. Then the Devil said to him: “I will give you all this authority and their glory, because it has been handed over to me, and I give it to whomever I wish. If you, therefore, do an act of worship before me, it will all be yours.”-Luke 4:5-8.

Jesus told his followers that the "ruler of the world," his enemy, Satan the Devil, had no hold on him:

"I will not speak with you much more, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has no hold on me."-John 14:30.

At the beginning of the Bible in Genesis 3:1-5 we are told that the serpent spoke to and lied to Eve. Then we have the prophecy of Genesis 3:15 of the enmity between the serpent and its offspring, and the woman and its offspring.

Revelation 12:9 reveals the original serpent as being Satan the Devil:

"So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him."-Revelation 12:9.

Now usually when I make threads I go into greater detail about the subjects that come to mind. But this seems to me to suffice.

Now here is why I decided to write this here. I oft find people saying that the Bible "borrows" from other religions. But here is something for these skeptics to ponder. No other religion of religious text exposes Satan as does the Bible. It clearly reveals that Satan is the invisible spirit ruler of the world. That all the governments derive their power from him, whether knowingly or unknowingly. In fact the very thought of human rule itself is an affront to the true Sovereign of the universe, Jehovah God. No other religious text exposes Satan for who he is and his true murderous and slanderous nature. (John 8:44.) Why is that? Because Satan is also the ruler of false religion.

I’ve often thought about how the Bible stands apart in exposing Satan’s true nature. Growing up, I wrestled with understanding how the spiritual world influences our daily lives. It wasn’t until I needed to write a paper on religious texts that I stumbled upon edubirdie.com... which happened to be a valuable resource. They helped me structure my thoughts and connect different scriptures effectively. It’s incredible how the Bible uniquely uncovers the spiritual warfare we face daily.

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 04:51 AM
link   

The worst sin you can commit is to be a " False prophet" . To knowingly Twist the word of God and use it for your own benefit and greed . To manipulate , control and seek Power using the Name of God.

This correlates with a video from a Christian channel I saw recently regarding the only sin that guarantees you will be denied a place in heaven. The sin is 'knowing the truth then denying it'.

I am not religious but was curious to see what this sin was.

edit on 3/9/24 by Morrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Morrad

The worst sin you can commit is to be a " False prophet" . To knowingly Twist the word of God and use it for your own benefit and greed . To manipulate , control and seek Power using the Name of God.

This correlates with a video from a Christian channel I saw recently regarding the only sin that guarantees you will be denied a place in heaven. The sin is 'knowing the truth then denying it'.

I am not religious but was curious to see what this sin was.

The sin is the blasphemy against the holy spirit. We are only given a few examples of it in the Bible. For example when Jesus was on earth and he was effecting wondrous miracles by means of God's holy spirit. The religious leaders of the Jews known as the Pharisees knew that Jesus had to be a prophet and had the spirit of the Almighty God Jehovah upon him. But they accused Jesus in front of the people of expelling the demons by means of Beelzebub (meaning Lord of the Flies, or Lord of Dung) the ruler of the demons.

Jesus told those religious hypocrites who were knowingly lying not only against Jesus Christ, but against the holy spirit, that is an intricate part of Jehovah's very nature (Jehovah being filled with dynamic energy. The holy spirit is Jehovah's energy in action), they had trespassed not only against man but against the holy spirit, that is against Jehovah himself. And that sin never has forgiveness, not in this system nor in the systems of things to come:

"For this reason I say to you, every sort of sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the spirit will not be forgiven. For example, whoever speaks a word against the Son of man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the holy spirit, it will not be forgiven him, no, not in this system of things nor in that to come."-Matthew 12:31-32.

Judas Iscariot also sinned against the holy spirit. He, being one of Jesus' chosen 12 let pride, selfishness, ambition, and envy and hatred get the better of him. He went so far as to betray his master to death. Jesus said of him that better it would have been for him if he was never born:

"True, the Son of man is going away, just as it is written about him, but woe to that man through whom the Son of man is betrayed! It would have been better for that man if he had not been born.”-Matthew 26:24.

Some have tasted of the heavenly free gift, that is had been born of holy spirit and given the token of the heavenly things and offered heavenly life. These anointed Christians turned against the master and began to teach twisted things. The Bible reveals that they went so far that they would NEVER repent of their wickedness, these had sinned against the holy spirit and would never thus receive forgiveness. Read 2 Peter 2:10-22.

These apostates have no forgiveness of sin.

In all cases the person has a knowledge of the true God Jehovah. Have the powerful testament of his mighty holy spirit in their lives and they reject that holy spirit and profane it, curse it, spit on it, and sin against it. A person living in ignorance while answering for his error has not sinned against the holy spirit and thus has the hope of the resurrection of the unrighteous where he will be given a chance to respond favorably to the good news of Jesus Christ in his coming rule over the earth.

No doubt there are many religious leaders in false religion who are as blind as the followers they lead. God sees all hearts. But those who read his word and know they are teaching lies and falsehoods to the people and lie and slander Jehovah's Witnesses walk the line also of sinning against God's holy spirit. They are held to account and more responsible than the ignorant. Thus how many of the religious leaders of the Catholics and the Protestant and Orthodox Churches are trespassers of holy spirit is impossible to say. No human can judge. But no doubt there are!

"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you travel over sea and dry land to make one proselyte, and when he becomes one, you make him a subject for Ge·henʹna twice as much so as yourselves."-Matthew 23:15.

That warning by Jesus to the religious leaders of the Jews applies to all of the religious leaders of Christendom.

edit on Tue, 03 Sep 2024 11:35:47 -0500am90320240900000047America/ChicagoTue, 03 Sep 2024 11:35:47 -0500 by randomuser2034 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 04:08 PM
link   

We are only given a few examples of it in the Bible

Blasphemy against the holy spirit is referring to Karma. Deeds done deliberately through body, speech or mind result in future consequences. Negative karma paves a negative outcome after death. Positive karma a positive outcome. To escape the wheel of karma one has to exist in the will of the Father (thereby having no karma for ones self). The "will of the Father" is only achievable by stilling ones mind using prayer and meditation (Psalm 46:10).

When the roar of the desiring mind is stilled. The holy ghost will first appear in the sound of rushing wind (Acts 2:1-4). That is a sign that the cleansing of our limited mind has began. The transformation is complete in the sound of thunder (Exodus 19:19). Revelation is Johns testimony to his transformation (trumpets, thunder).

The words of religion are just a sign post to all of this. One needs to follow the signpost. Instead of stagnating at the signpost.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Just a question.

Where in the bible does it show Satan to cause wilful harm to another?

He is the accuser and the ruler of this world, so I hear.

But has he ever hurt anyone?

The adversary to Christ.

But where's the harm done?

Misleading sure, but do we know his true intent?

Just wondering...

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrotherKinsMan
Just a question.

Where in the bible does it show Satan to cause wilful harm to another?

He is the accuser and the ruler of this world, so I hear.

But has he ever hurt anyone?

The adversary to Christ.

But where's the harm done?

Misleading sure, but do we know his true intent?

Just wondering...

Then Jehovah said to Satan: “Where have you come from?” Satan answered Jehovah: “From roving about on the earth and from walking about in it.”8 And Jehovah said to Satan: “Have you taken note of my servant Job? There is no one like him on the earth. He is an upright man of integrity, fearing God and shunning what is bad.”9 At that Satan answered Jehovah: “Is it for nothing that Job has feared God?10 Have you not put up a protective hedge around him and his house and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, and his livestock has spread out in the land.11 But, for a change, stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your very face.”12 Then Jehovah said to Satan: “Look! Everything that he has is in your hand. Only do not lay your hand on the man himself!” So Satan went out from the presence of Jehovah.13 Now on the day when his sons and daughters were eating and drinking wine in their oldest brother’s house,14 a messenger came to Job and said: “The cattle were plowing and the donkeys were grazing beside them15 when the Sa·beʹans attacked and took them, and they killed the servants with the sword. I am the only one who escaped to tell you.”16 While he was still speaking, another one came and said: “Fire from God fell from the heavens and blazed among the sheep and the servants and consumed them! I am the only one who escaped to tell you.”17 While he was still speaking, another one came and said: “The Chal·deʹans formed three bands and made a raid on the camels and took them, and they killed the servants with the sword. I am the only one who escaped to tell you.”18 While he was still speaking, yet another one came and said: “Your sons and your daughters were eating and drinking wine in their oldest brother’s house.19 Suddenly a great wind came from the wilderness, and it struck the four corners of the house, so that it fell on the young people and they were killed. I am the only one who escaped to tell you.”-Job 1:7-19.

Here Satan requested permission to test Job's integrity and we are clearly shown he murdered Jobs children. Obviously the Bible cannot be filled with all of the accounts of Satan directly murdering humans. But there is one example.

Now here is something else for you to think about. Satan and his demons had the power in this instance to send the whirlwind and the fire from heaven that blazed among the sheep and servants and consumed them. But there was another instance when they were powerless to do so. Do you remember when that was?

When Elijah challenged the Baal worshipers to call to their god to send down fire to lick up their sacrifice to him. Their god did not respond. Meanwhile Jehovah did send his fire to lick up the sacrifice in front of all of the Baal worshipers.

So this also tells us that Satan and his demons only have the power that God allows them to.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Interesting. Thank you for the explanation randomuser2034.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 08:04 AM
link   

The one responsible for murder is the one whose hands did the deed.

The one merely suggesting it is not necessarily at fault.

A teacher could misguide someone in an attempt to test their faith.

My point being, the Sabeans (?) killed jobs children, not Satan.

He's just doing his job.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrotherKinsMan

The one responsible for murder is the one whose hands did the deed.

The one merely suggesting it is not necessarily at fault.

A teacher could misguide someone in an attempt to test their faith.

My point being, the Sabeans (?) killed jobs children, not Satan.

He's just doing his job.

The account says that a supernatural windstorm knocked the house down on Job's children and killed them. You should read it.

top topics

join