It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's talk about alien abductions. What's your favorite one? Which one is most credible to you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 06:02 PM
link   
archive.org...

This is a link to the internet archive of Stewart Swerdlow's book.

I recently watched a documentary on Montauk and Mr. Swerdlow was interviewed about his experiences as a child being abducted and it was a really interesting documentary but also I found him particularly to be believable. His story, despite how unbelievable it is sounded really credible listening to him tell it.

So I wanted to ask, do you guys think he is credible? Who do you think is the most credible alien abductee? Or alien abduction story? I know Betty and Barney Hill are probably not credible to "the experts" but the star map to me makes it more credible. Also I have always kind of believed the Allegheny 4? Is that what they're called? 4 guys camping, fishing get abducted together. The Walton thing is kind of like....I believe it but I also.........something is hinky with it that I just can't put my finger on. I'm no one to try and discredit someone's story and I dont even have any idea why I feel that way. But to me the Travis Walton "fire in the sky" thing is hinky. Something is off with it.

What's your favorite alien abduction story and/or which abductees do you find particularly credible?

Do we think there is a way to piece together all the small details of information between different abduction stories to come to a bottom line on it like whether it is just people having nightmares, hallucination, hidden mental illness, OR actual extraterrestrial "aliens" abducting people OR something the government or military is doing?
edit on 29-8-2024 by Shoshanna because: cant spell

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Shoshanna

I have a hard time believing some of them for 2 reasons...

1st - Some of them have convinced themselves that it happened and to them it did, but that doesn't mean it actually happened.

2nd. Some people just want the attention and will milk it for all it's worth, but their story develops over time. Different details get added or left out and it all gets really iffy.

With all the CGI and fakery that's come out over the years, I take every UFO report with a whole block of salt.

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

A lot of times they get hypnotized to remember and that to me makes it to where it just isn't an accurate memory. Or its implanted in their mind somehow from the hypnosis. Or its a dream. I've had very realistic dreams before and I think people can convince themselves a realistic dream is really happening.

I try and be open minded because if they aren't just seeking fame which a lot are, even if aliens aren't responsible and abducting them doing weird stuff something is happening to them, whether it is created by their own mind is a different question.

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Both Betty and Barney Hill the Pascagoula UFO seem believable

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Travis Walton and Co. still strike me as the most credible. Dude is so down to earth and he refrains from sensationalizing it that he sometimes appears annoyed talking about it instead. Hardly somebody who struck oil and cashed in.

I remember Whitley Strieber's book being fascinating, and it had some similarities to my own experiences. I read it as a teenager though so I don't remember how well it holds up. I'll have to track down a copy.

Not exactly abduction but Robert Monroe's Journies Out of The Body was one of the most important books on paranormal/ strangeness I ever read.

I've had a lot of OOBE's and similar-to abduction experiences myself, and between Whitley Strieber and Robert Monroe's books a lot of pieces fell into place for me.

I won't get too deep into my theories or personal experiences, but posit this--what if aliens/ abductions are more like OOBE or Astral experiences instead of physical? Perhaps there is an admixture of both, but then that opens up a whole other rabbit hole doesn't it?

edit on 29-8-2024 by AlroyFarms because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Does this one count?

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The power of suggestion is very real and people under psychotherapy have been led to create 'false memories', as have people being interogated by law enforcement. Any information glened through hypnosis can't be used in a court of law for this very reason.

When my eldest was 2 y/o she wouldn't want to go to sleep at night because 'there were airplanes' in her room. Her dad would go in there and swat them all away.
She now claims they were aliens trying to abduct her.
She also had an imginary monkey at that age that would sit on her sholder and tell her she shouldn't eat her vegetables.

She's always been a big believer in aliens, demons, Big Foot and whatever woo she comes across so I'm not convinced.

'Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see' has served me well throughout my life. With AI and CGI it's now 'Believe nothing you hear or see'.

Even if I were to have an abduction experience I'd be looking for evodence to prove it wasn't another government secret project or something causing me to hallucinate.

It just makes no sense to me why any life form from a galaxy far, far away with the ability to reach earth would want to bother with such a messed up species. As far as being in control of the entire planet, surely the stupidity we see in world politics couldn't be attributed to a species with such superior intelegence.

Wanting earth's rich resources doesn't pass the smell test, either; why would they sit by and watch us destroy all the resources in such a wasteful manner?

We were handed our belief in aliens by the government, possibly to cover up one of their secret projects. The story leaked of little green men (did the witnesses get paid for their story?) which the government vehemently denied-which just made the alien story even more believable for some, and the ensuing UFO circuit was born.

Looking at how many years Area 51 was denied and all the lies about what went on down there taught me not to take anything the government says as truth.

There probably is life out there somewhere, and they're no doubt smart enough not to mess with such a messed up race of such dumb, war-mongering entities.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Thanks for sharing these! These are all new to me now I thought the friend in the first one sounded pretty believable and also how did she end up so far away in such a short time? It's a shame the cops seem to take it as a joke or hoax, surely if someone HAD spotted her in that other town prior to the abduction, after that news story i'm sure they would have come out. ALSO i just read a short article about this case and it seems that Amy and her husband are missing????? They told UFO researchers that MIB forced them to move and were possibly following them around in a heavy duty van. I'm gonna try and dig deeper into this one, like are they still missing? the article i just quickly found has no update on that.

The second one? I believe Joe 100% i mean, greasy buckwheat pancakes???? how random. Like, of all the things anybody could or would make up or hoax, an alien coming down and cooking greasy buckwheat pancakes on a smoking griddle in your yard? This is the craziest story in the world. i love it. AND HE ATE ONE!!!

would you eat a pancake an alien gave you? i don't know if i would. Probably, i mean you only live once right?

I want to know, what is the "plan" he talks about in the third link. Like is this a human plan? is the government doing something or what? that's why i think if i dig into the very small details on the believable alien abduction stories, something can be pieced together to explain what exactly is going on. There has to be clues in these stories somehow. There are so many similarities and so many small differences.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Yeah, i don't know what's going on, but i lean more toward it all being something the government is doing. My second theory is it is some kind of dream or nightmare. I just think like you said with how the government and military have lied to us for decades about what they're doing and have done and what technology they really have, like how people say the military is 20 years ahead of the tech the public has, i think they're way more advanced than that, but they really really don't want us to know about it because it's their ace in the hole. If we don't know how realistically they can fake these things, or make things seem like something they're not then they can maintain their total control over us.

I hated when i was a kid we had a looooong hallway off the living room that went back to my bedroom and at night it was always dark and scary and even when the light in the hall was on, it was still dingy and dimly lit/heavily shadowed so i would be so scared to walk down that hallway to my bedroom at night, and always felt like someone was watching me in my room. At the time, i didn't think aliens though i thought ghosts/demons. Of course it did not help that i was constantly watching ghost stories and scary stuff/unsolved mysteries after school.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AlroyFarms

That's what it is about Walton, i think. I just couldn't figure out what it was that seemed off to me about the story, but he DOES seem kind of annoyed talking about it. I guess i took it in a different direction than you though but he does just seem like a normal dude and Art had him and Mike Rogers on Dreamland talking about the whole thing and they both seem really believable in that interview, but that interview was from 1995 so probably everything else i have seen has been later on to where he is just OVER talking about it and i think i would be too if i was him.

You know what? that thought about maybe abduction experiences being like OOBE or do you think maybe unwitting Astral Projection type stuff? makes so much sense and i had never even thought about that before, i'm gonna see if i can find that book. I had something similar happen well i don't know what exactly happened but that's why i am kind of looking into these abduction experiences now

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I won't say all abductions take place only in the mind of the "abductee" but from personal experience-I have in the last decade or so started to get some horrifying sleep paralysis with entities which feel as real as any waking experience-but more traumatic.

I tell myself that is something which is only occcuring in my brain-maybe to protect my remaining sanity-but the experience feels totally real,follows the same pattern every time,and always ends the same way-with me screaming myself back awake..

I rekon if I was wired up to a brainwave reader,I would have the same parts of the brain light up with activity as if I was experiencing a real physical event.

I think its possible some abduction experiences may be in that realm,but some may be physical-like those who claim to have had procedures done,who then go on to find forigen objects or scars in that area.

edit on 30-8-2024 by onestonemonkey because: ap

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I find the Travis Walton one interesting.

And we went to a MUFON event in which he spoke.

Seemed like an average guy who bought a suit off the rack and just told his story.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 12:51 PM
link   

IMO, the Linda Porter case is one of the most fascinating. Porter was a teenager living in a farm community not far from Los Angeles. The incident occurred in the early 1960s. She was in contact with praying mantis type beings who conveyed to her that they were interested and even perplexed by human consciousness, and were trying to figure out the mechanisms of the human soul, or spirit.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I've not read that book and don't intend to. My favorite is my own roadside abduction in 1964 which I mentioned in a recent thread of yours. My least favorite was my son's and his GF's in 1991. It was horrifying. We will never know what is the reality or theater of such events. Science and government will never tell us because they are the ones with the most to loss as the real reality becomes apparent.

I frankly laugh at those that question things they don't have the capacity to understand or even to make the attempt, but want to simply offer their personal, valueless reasoning. That is why the government is handling everything for us. As I've repeated several times over the years on ATS, a quote from the movie A Few Good Men. "The Truth? You want the Truth? You can't handle the truth."

So the government goes about doing the dictates of the overlords, which are many, and all for our own good if not survival. Welcome to the NWO and other changes.

posted on Aug, 31 2024 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger2

IMO, the Linda Porter case is one of the most fascinating. Porter was a teenager living in a farm community not far from Los Angeles. The incident occurred in the early 1960s. She was in contact with praying mantis type beings who conveyed to her that they were interested and even perplexed by human consciousness, and were trying to figure out the mechanisms of the human soul, or spirit.
Aren't they themselves supposedly conscious? Why not study their own consciousness/soul?

posted on Aug, 31 2024 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicFocus

I've not read that book and don't intend to. My favorite is my own roadside abduction in 1964 which I mentioned in a recent thread of yours. My least favorite was my son's and his GF's in 1991. It was horrifying. We will never know what is the reality or theater of such events. Science and government will never tell us because they are the ones with the most to loss as the real reality becomes apparent.

I frankly laugh at those that question things they don't have the capacity to understand or even to make the attempt, but want to simply offer their personal, valueless reasoning. That is why the government is handling everything for us. As I've repeated several times over the years on ATS, a quote from the movie A Few Good Men. "The Truth? You want the Truth? You can't handle the truth."

So the government goes about doing the dictates of the overlords, which are many, and all for our own good if not survival. Welcome to the NWO and other changes.

I think you often sound insufferable and cocky. This time again, well done.
Who are you to decide what's true and what's not ? The government lies about everything that's true, but I personally could certainly handle the truth.

posted on Aug, 31 2024 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Favourite has to be the Charles Hickson and Calvin Parker abduction in Pascagoula , Mississippi.
Most believable is Charles Hickson and Calvin Parker abduction in Pascagoula because it's original.

Hickson and Parker reported their abduction to the police , during their interview the officer left the room for a while but left the tape running , this is the recording.

Tape of the 30 minute Police interview.

posted on Aug, 31 2024 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScarletDarkness

originally posted by: ColeYounger2

Aren't they themselves supposedly conscious? Why not study their own consciousness/soul?

Linda Moulton Howe spoke about this case with Art Bell on his radio show once. Linda was contacted by Linda Porter many years ago. Apparently the beings communicated to Porter that they wanted to find out where a human's soul goes when their body dies. As technologically advanced as they are, the "soul" issue was confusing to them.

top topics

join