It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

.5 percent of the human brain is now plastic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 09:42 AM
link   
99.5 % brain, and .5% plastic. Well ... that's not good.
Microbits of plastic come off in the food we eat and drink
that has plastic to prepare or hold it. Like bottled water.

I guess there isn't anything you can do about it ...
And they aren't sure what diseases, if any, that contributes to.
But interesting ...

Plastics in the Brain

Human brain samples collected at autopsy in early 2024 contained more tiny shards of plastic than samples collected eight years prior, according to a preprint posted online in May. A preprint is a study which has not yet been peer-reviewed and published in a journal.

“The concentrations we saw in the brain tissue of normal individuals, who had an average age of around 45 or 50 years old, were 4,800 micrograms per gram, or 0.5% by weight,” said lead study author Matthew Campen, a regents’ professor of pharmaceutical sciences at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque.

“Compared to autopsy brain samples from 2016, that’s about 50% higher,” Campen said. “That would mean that our brains today are 99.5% brain and the rest is plastic.”

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

And some are WAY more than .5% plastic

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I don't drink bottled water. I don't understand why people are paying for what you get free at home?
And why you let Nestle steal free water, then charge you, while they drain peoples wells?

We need to stop using plastics that aren't made from "plant" sources.

Way worse for our environment, than the "man made" climate change.

But, Nobody is going to make millions cleaning it up, so.....

Not going to happen.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 10:19 AM
link   
There are a couple of legit protocols for detoxing foreign substances from the body.

Dr. George Yu is a graduate of Tufts University Medical School, who did his surgical training at Harvard and Johns Hopkins.
He worked with first-responders after the 9/11 Twin Towers fire. Those guys were exposed to some horrific stuff.

One of the components of the protocol is niacin, vitamin B3. Some experts caution that niacin is a very powerful substance, so don't think of it as "just a vitamin". They recommend starting out with micro doses.

detox protocol

Biohacker Siim Land discusses plastic cleanse protocol:

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I probably only have .3 percent plastic in our brain. We use mostly glass bowls with plastic/rubber lids on them for leftovers, or SS pots and bowls. The wife does drink softdrinks way more than I do, most are in plastic bottles. We have a well and there is no plastic in any of the plumbing, all copper and I used the low lead solder on all fittings.

We do use the vacuum packer to vacuum pack foods for the freezer though, and I am sure that does give off some plastic...that is why I said .3 percent because we are probably just a little less than normal.

Plastic also goes into organs and even into people's skin....many of the women's facial treatments contain plastic particles which do also get absorbed into the skin. They complained about baby powder causing problems and I think they started replacing that more and more with plastic now than before.

When I was young and went to the dump to shoot rats with my dad so they did not take over the town, there was not much plastic at the dump...most was bakelite and a little saran wrap but there was not even garbage bags back then, even the garbage cans were metal, I remember having to wash them out spring and fall because they got stinky otherwise. By the way, the city of Hancock actually gave us permission to shoot those rats, we were very careful when shooting them because it was close to town and we were one of the only people allowed to shoot them because most people are careless and that was a no no.

The solution is to get most of the plastic out of our food supply, plastic is not a natural chemical but nature does make some similar chemistries but we have evolved with those chemistries for the most part and our metabolism can remove much of those. Science created the mess we have created in our environment, can we trust science to fix the problem? I have my doubts. When some molecules were found to be bad in plastics they restricted those, but the other chemistries it contains were all boosted which didn't help much, now they are finding those are just as much of a problem in the environment...focus on one thing so others cannot see they messed everything up with their chemistries that are not natural.

Another bad thing is urathanes, when there is a fire in a house, often a small fire can kill everything in the house if it is something with urathane burning. I know a person working at the fire department here, two people dead in their bed after a small fire in the bathroom let out a toxic gas that killed them...the bathroom door was ten feet down the hall from their bedroom door. The damage to the bath was minor, the fire actually put itself out because there was not much to burn, mostly just smoke. Urathanes are used on most modern furnature and trim, I used watco tung oil on most of our trim and most of our furniture is older or I made it and it is usually varnished and stained. I do not know how harmful urathane is to the environment, I like real varnish because it is natural. I did put urathane on our kitchen cabinets, because it is more resistant to steam when I built them myself, with tongue oil underneath.

To focus on carbon causing global warming is stupid, plastic can destroy the microbes that help to protect the environment. That is what seems to be happening in the lakes, rivers, and oceans. It is an endocrine disruptor for all life, not just humans.

Well, a little humor to end my post, at least it will increase plasticity of the brain.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
I don't drink bottled water. I don't understand why people are paying for what you get free at home?
And why you let Nestle steal free water, then charge you, while they drain peoples wells?

We need to stop using plastics that aren't made from "plant" sources.

Way worse for our environment, than the "man made" climate change.

But, Nobody is going to make millions cleaning it up, so.....

Not going to happen.

Plastic made from plant sources are not necessarily better, they modify the chemistry of the plant chemistry and it most often is just as bad as that made from oil...remember, oil is a natural product to start with in low concentrations microbes can break it down into nutrients.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 10:56 AM
link   
PFAS are throughout every organ in our body now including breast milk and sperm. I wonder what the eventual effect will be on our genetics and DNA?

All water sources, incliding the entire ocean have micro plastics as do plants (including the ones grown for food) and every animal.

Combine PFAS with GMO's and and all the proven harmful chemicals used i farming and ranching. It should be far more important than trying to elevate small minorities above the needs of vast majorities in every sector of political administration.

If you look at most of the political focus points around the globe you realize how pointless and insignificant they are. Is global warming is being used as an excuse for the coming massive die-off?

R v W is supposedly #1 on the list of why people are voting liberal. What a waste since the heart of the problem- our manmade toxic soup- isn't even being discussed.

Survival of the fitest; some may survive and their bodies adapt to overcome the ravages of what our technology has created while we're being led to believe the massive loss of life will come from global warming and the next pandemic(s).

We should be more focused on euthanasia via chemical polution than chemical warfare, me thinks.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Moon68

that picture made think of joan rivers, one time after her plastic surgery she asked.,
"am i smiling, i can't tell"

here are some more,

Joan Rivers’ Best Quotes About Plastic Surgery

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Apparently its found in men's sperm as well.

Its all part of the de-globalisation WEF plan.

Gone are the families with 3 or more siblings

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I'm curious how these bits of plastic are supposed to pass through the blood-brain barrier uninhibited. Are there only certain types of plastics (or sizes) that can make that leap?

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge2
Apparently its found in men's sperm as well.

Its all part of the de-globalisation WEF plan.

Gone are the families with 3 or more siblings

I'm old enough to remember when dads had three kids; now days kids have three dads.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moon68

And some are WAY more than .5% plastic

And that fellow had more money than sense, pun not intended. Plastic for sure. Maybe that is from vaccines. We have a lot of splaining yet to hear from big Pharma.

I believe some people have a desire to look perfect. Beauty is only skin deep. An ugly personality is all the way to the bone. Folks should be more concerned with what comes out of their mouth than if it is a perfect mouth. Billy Crystal character would say "you look marvelous! It is better to look good than feel good." That was funny, but in real life we need to all be a good person. That solves so much that is wrong with the world. Especially, if we individually do our best to treat others like we want to be treated by them.

edit on 26000000073120248America/Chicago08pm8 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

I'm curious how these bits of plastic are supposed to pass through the blood-brain barrier uninhibited. Are there only certain types of plastics (or sizes) that can make that leap?

Probably a few molecules and that .5% would be a SWAG (Scientific Wild Ass Guess). If it is big particles then they assembled in the brain.

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I remember a Boys Life Magazine or similar youth magazine that I am still trying to find from very early 80's maybe late 70's that had this crazy scientist cartoon and a kid (much like Marty and Doc Brown from Back to the Future) anyway they had a flying car or some such and seeing all the ways PLASTIC was going to change our world...I can't seem to find it now.

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
99.5 % brain, and .5% plastic. Well ... that's not good.
Microbits of plastic come off in the food we eat and drink
that has plastic to prepare or hold it. Like bottled water.

I guess there isn't anything you can do about it ...
And they aren't sure what diseases, if any, that contributes to.
But interesting ...

Plastics in the Brain

Human brain samples collected at autopsy in early 2024 contained more tiny shards of plastic than samples collected eight years prior, according to a preprint posted online in May. A preprint is a study which has not yet been peer-reviewed and published in a journal.

“The concentrations we saw in the brain tissue of normal individuals, who had an average age of around 45 or 50 years old, were 4,800 micrograms per gram, or 0.5% by weight,” said lead study author Matthew Campen, a regents’ professor of pharmaceutical sciences at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque.

“Compared to autopsy brain samples from 2016, that’s about 50% higher,” Campen said. “That would mean that our brains today are 99.5% brain and the rest is plastic.”

Also are you a earth is 6000 year old Christian? I mean than that god loves plastic!

If you're not nature loves plastic cause it made us...????

edit on 27-8-2024 by Therealbeverage because: (no reason given)

top topics

join