It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Modest Proposal to Save America a little while longer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 09:42 AM
link   
So I've got this scheme to promote one of the tenets of my religion.

Tenet 4a:
Since sustainability is good, accelerationist ideologies, seeking a swift end of life, human civilization, or the habitable World are a sin.

So I have a modest proposal. Don't be mean to missionaries, at least be civil.

The reason I thought of this has to do with a LDS (Latter-day Saint) politician carefully rejecting allegiance to a political party. After researching, I discovered that he is allowed to do that as long as he doesn't imply that he is issuing official Church position. see: Political Neutrality and Participation .

In the most basic Articles of Faith 12, is stated: "We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law."

Let us in the United States assume the inclusion of certain parts of the Constitution along with current understanding of Separation of Church and State are included here.

According to LDS doctrine really bad things will happen to "Gentiles" (non-prior inhabitants) of the Promised Land (North America) if we are wicked. We will be swept away. I am not advocating wickedness, because wickedness is pretty bad, but different people have different reasons for pronouncing some things wicked. We just plain don't have the same lists.

In prophesies there may be a loop hole. It's worth a shot:

Gentiles: The inhabitants of the land are “ripening in iniquity” (D&C 18:6; 61:31). Latter-day scriptures mention many judgments that will come upon the Gentiles on this land unless they repent (D&C 29:15–21; D&C 45:28–31). If Gentile nations cast out the missionaries, or if the Church feels the need to call them home for their own safety, or if faithful Saints are persecuted and killed for their beliefs, then the judgments of God will fall upon the wicked in great force, even unto their destruction.
Prophets and modern scripture warn the latter-day people of similar dangers. Though predicted calamities are conditioned upon repentance, it appears that, in general, the Gentiles are little interested in repentance. They appear to be treading the path of the former inhabitants, but have not entered the final stages yet. However, people living the laws of the land are often ridiculed and scorned as foolish, naive, or unrealistic. While prophets are still protected under “freedom of speech” in America, persecution in more subtle ways exists and, one might argue, is becoming more and more flagrant.
The Promised Land and Its Covenant Peoples

So in the least, if we don't cast out or abuse the missionaries, we may have a chance of keeping North America inhabited. It's worth a shot at least.

It seems rather obvious to some thinkers that less than mainstream religious groups appreciate the benefits of religious freedoms, as a matter of survival. That's why groups like Jehovah's Witnesses and Seventh-day Adventists lobby Congress and the Supreme Court so much. Their main interest in survival benefits even the other less than main stream groups too.

Speaking of Seventh-day Adventists; their end time eschatology is that the United States will violate the separation of church and state in order to pass a Sunday law, requiring that to be observed as if it were the Sabbath. Then the end will come.

So hey, how about we just don't do that, and then we can carry on in a regular worldly manner. Just let us be nice and civil with one another.

For further reading: Alexander: The LDS Church Needs to Step Back from Influencing State Policy

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: FullHeathen
You, mister, are an optimist.
I had life experience of close communication with Mormons in Russia and Ukraine. They are the leading driving force behind all the color revolutions in the world (guess who ordered them).

They are up to their ears in politics. The FBI and partly the CIA are made up of Mormon operatives, plus many global international corporations and banks are their business. Nothing personal.

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

You, mister, are an optimist.

Possible. Mentally upbeat sometimes.

They are the leading driving force behind all the color revolutions in the world

Popular mythology puts Soros in that category.

They are up to their ears in politics.

That's okay by their rules as long as they aren't high level in the Church. Some people have the capacity to serve more than one goal.

As is written in a Christian text: “Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.” Mark 12:17.

It may be possible for some highly gifted diplomats to work for the good of two countries and still remain faithful to their personal church or idea of a higher power. See Naaman the Aramean in 2 Kings 5. Sure, the goddess of the Pomegranate, Persephone, may have lost a devotee. But such things happen. In my religion, Spring still comes to even the unbeliever.

edit on 23-8-2024 by FullHeathen because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2024 by FullHeathen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: FullHeathen

"Popular mythology" in most cases turns out to be true. An example is our forum))))

new topics

top topics

join