It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's OK to like and respect Obama and his wife now.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Mark the date. August 20, 2024

“I thought he was a terrible president. He didn’t do the job. He let people take advantage of us on trade,” Trump said while on the campaign trail in Michigan. “Especially trade—he was very weak on trade. But I happen to like him. I respect him and his wife.”

So what is it? Is he lying? Is he going soft or just playing the nice guy because he is courting moderate votes?
www.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

Unlike Democrats, Republicans can usually still like and respect someone even though they disagree with them.

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 11:35 PM
link   

I like a number of people from my life, that I disagree with or downright dislike how they choose to live their life.

Is this not normal?

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: 5thHead

Do you like and respect the Obamas?

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof

I dont

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I disagree with him on this.

Obama drone striked an American citizen without due process.

You don't get a pass for that.

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

You don't ? What did they ever do to you that they didn't do to Trump?

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I didn't think Obama was a bad president, I did not agree with some of the stuff he did but he was not bad. Trump, the same thing, he tried to help American citizens but the Democrats slammed him for everything he tried to do. Biden was bad, he seemed to try to undo everything Trump did and especially the good things Trump accomplished, to make Trump's presidency look like he accomplished little. Biden should not have been allowed to run on the Democrat ticket four years ago, not with the attitude he had and has. Hillary, I am glad she lost to Trump, we would have been way worse under her as president than with Trump .

I can't say how Kamala is going to be, but with her reputation as the Attorney general or whatever she did, she might decide to boost the police forces up and put away every criminal in this country, republican or Democrat...she will put these cheap prisoners to work slaving in prison. Not a typical person Democrats would want to have running things since so many of their kids are doing crimes these days. WE will not be able to challenge her, evidence can be created to put anyone away.

If that is what the Democrats want, I don't mind, there are too many cons and thieves out there these days, maybe by locking up all the spoiled young that are stealing and swindling people's money we will all be better off. She has a track record of throwing people in prison and forcing them to work in prison...maybe once all the local politicians kids are safe in jail those politicians will be less stressed since so many of their kids will be in prison it will be the norm and since your kids gone bad are imprisoned, they will be able to require abortions so nobody's kids go to jail in the future.

Now, this is just supposed to be satire, and I will admit I suck at satire...but I do have to say, a lot of people I know who got into politics and government have kids that got into serious trouble because the courts did not push proper punishments on them when they started with minor crimes....they knew they would not get punished much because of their parents connections...that part is not satire.

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 12:12 AM
link   

They are politicians ... so NO.

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Never met them, could not say.
It's a disingenuous and got you question at best.

I certainly think they did really wrong things for America.
That dosn't stop me from being able to spend a night playing poker or having a beer with either. (ET al).

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 12:40 AM
link   
The way that Trump works usually is that he will dislike someone publicly until he gets what he wants from them. I wonder if Obama has secret he will never tell to anyone but Trump?

Probably not, but you have to admit that is his normal M.O.

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Never met them in person, couldn't honestly tell you.

I did meet Trump in person...nicest guy I ever met.

That being said, I absolutely dislike Biden/Obama for what he purposely did to our country.

If he were drowning, I would save him. If he was walking in the rain and I drove by, I would give him the finger and splash him with the biggest mud puddle I could see.

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Do not like them, but respect the ability to rule after his term was over. While most sail off into the sunset, he moved to DC (and MV, Maui) so he could be close enough to operate the mouth part as well as the hands.

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Nope.

...but I'm not a Republican.
edit on 5310707America/Chicagoam21 by 5thHead because: 🤟

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 10:00 AM
link   
No one likes the Obama's lol

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Campaigning and puppy petting are part of elections especially this one. Trump plays the game.

Obama has ruined millions of lives just like like Biden has.

No sympathy. No respect. They made their own misery for themselves. 💥

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Much of your musing here rings strongly with me ricky. I think we vary on percentages of good for us and bad for us but in the long run I also think that that is what a democracy of mature peoples should be doing, understanding that perfection is not in the cards. But that is just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Never met them, could not say.

Excellent point random. No, really excellent point, we all might be better off to keep that in mind. I wish I could honestly say that about my own sense of Trump I admit. Maybe that beer with him would help, but probably not.

top topics

join