It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine says their forces now control almost 390 square miles of Russia’s Kursk region

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani
I'm not a russki, dude. I'm a bred and born southern red neck. I just don't support that illegal war instigated by our criminal government. It's sad to say but this criminality we call our government thrives on war and destruction. War is their bread and butter.

edit on 13-8-2024 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlest2
I'm not a russki, dude. I'm a bred and born southern red neck. I just don't support that illegal war instigated by our criminal government. It's sad to say but this criminality we call our government thrives on war and destruction. War is their bread and butter.

Are you talking about Putin and his illegal war and invasion of Ukraine??

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 05:34 AM
link   

This reminds me of Lee's drive into Pennsylvania and the battle for Gettysburg.

We all know the result there.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: charlest2

The same fellow that surrendered in April 1865.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Ukraine: You get out of Crimea and all of Ukraine, and we'll give you back the Russia you lost.

This is political science fiction. I wish Ukrainians all the best but let's be realistic. Russia will never ever agree to give up Crimea. Even Navalny, in spite of all of his democratic views, said at one time (for which he was fiercely criticized) that the return of Crimea to Ukraine is impossible. Because he knew that any president of Russia would be finished if he gave up Crimea. That would be a political suicide. So Putin is not going to do that either. He will prefer to drag this war for years, maybe till the end of his days, but he will not give Crimea back.

The best thing Ukraine can count on (and this only on condition it manages to hold on to the Russian territories it currently occupies) is Russia agreeing to give up some of the occupied areas of Ukraine. And mind the word "some". That means we can't expect Putin to give up all the territories in the East of Ukraine that Russia currently occupies. That would be total humiliation for him and would ruin his political career too. But giving Ukraine back like one third or even half of the occupied areas would still allow him to trumpet out success at home.

And this is the most optimistic, almost fairy tale like scenario, like "And they lived happily ever after."

The most important thing for Ukraine is to save its statehood, to stay independent of Russia and ensure lasting peace, without Russia meddling with its affairs or directly attacking it after the war is supposedly finished. I wonder how Ukraine and its allies are going to achieve it without sending there international troops, considering that Russia eventually pisses on all the international agreements it itself signs.
edit on 13-8-2024 by twistedpuppy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Whichever is true the whole conflict is stupid they're is no clear goal it seems.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 11:11 AM
link   
What did the Star Wars emperor say about Zelenski. "The BS is strong in this one". Please Oh please go and check. I thought Mr Zelenski said he didn't have enough men and materials to form a decent counter attack.
Now look at the "incursion". A front about 25 miles wide and nearly 7.5 miles in. BUT go look at the terrain they've "taken", a few towns but mostly farmland. And as for "control"? Incursion is one thing, holding it is another.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani Ukraine will lose in the end , if they join NATO i think they will be destroyed

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I personally think Russia will put some instant sunshine over Kyiv, escalating in order to de-esculate as per their nuclear doctrine. The world will do nothing more than send a few strongly worded tweets, and Ukraine will be utterly finished.

I'm not rootin for putin but I think this will happen very soon
edit on 13-8-2024 by EvanH because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: EvanH

Kind of look like sour grapes on Putin's part.

After all what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Ukraine is only returning the favour.

If Russia resorts to using nukes it makes them look afraid.
edit on 13-8-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: twistedpuppy

The farther Ukraine pushes the more Putin's legitimacy comes into question. With it looking like Russia's economy is crashing, that's going to put even more pressure on Putin.

At some point, the oligarchs are going to decide that Putin is costing them too much money and move to get rid of him. When that happens there's going to be a power vacuum and the military will need to be recalled as different factions seek to solidify their claims on the crown.

That's how Ukraine wins.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I personally think Russia will put some instant sunshine over Kyiv

Radioactive fallout then travels over the border with Poland only 300 miles away. This is an act of war and in goes NATO.

Bye Bye Russia.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

I personally think Russia will put some instant sunshine over Kyiv

Radioactive fallout then travels over the border with Poland only 300 miles away. This is an act of war and in goes NATO.

Bye Bye Russia.

Nah, no one in NATO has any resources left for that! It's all gone to the Ukraine. You need bullets and artillery shells for your army, otherwise they are just targets.
I am curious to see for how long the Ukraine can hold onto that territory. Resupply will be problematic and it's doubtful reinforcements could be sent to that front. Not without weakening their defensive lines back home. If these troops get lost it will be devastating for Ukraine. I'm leaning towards this being a tactical blunder on Ukraines part, but time will tell.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

George Zakrevsky, owner of the PMC Paladin, is calling for a new march on Moscow. He's calling for all citizens of Russia to join him in the fight against Putin's regime.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
a reply to: twistedpuppy
At some point, the oligarchs are going to decide that Putin is costing them too much money and move to get rid of him. When that happens there's going to be a power vacuum and the military will need to be recalled as different factions seek to solidify their claims on the crown.

Maybe that's why he's holding his military back and not deploying it to defend Russia?

Maybe defending HIM is more important if it comes down to it.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I seem to think "putin" will meet the same end as Rasputin did sooner than later.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I seem to think "putin" will meet the same end as Rasputin did sooner than later.

a little special seasoning in his stroganoff, shot, beaten, stabbed, then given first place in kamikaze from the hundredth floor swan dive to the street contest, and finally thrown in the river.

posted on Aug, 14 2024 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: hangedman13

Nah, no one in NATO has any resources left for that! It's all gone to the Ukraine. You need bullets and artillery shells for your army, otherwise they are just targets.
I am curious to see for how long the Ukraine can hold onto that territory. Resupply will be problematic and it's doubtful reinforcements could be sent to that front. Not without weakening their defensive lines back home. If these troops get lost it will be devastating for Ukraine. I'm leaning towards this being a tactical blunder on Ukraines part, but time will tell.

Yes!
its a old trick. let them move in.
so they can not be suported!
they just drop a Nuc on them, what No one should Ever do that!
drop agent orange on them? no!

posted on Aug, 14 2024 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: hangedman13

Nah, no one in NATO has any resources left for that! It's all gone to the Ukraine.

Thats pure fantasy my friend. I hope it doesn't happen, but Ukraine have shown that a NATO responce to Russia would be swift and brutal for the Russians the second they attack a NATO country (in a convential war).

Ukraine have been smart here and have pushed into Russia to try to draw it's troops away from other fronts and cause a bit of panic, which is very bad news for Mad Vlad.

posted on Aug, 15 2024 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

While the song Ra ra rasputin is played.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join