It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moment a Cargo Ship Explodes at China's Key Port

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 02:09 PM
link   
A Taiwanese Cargo Ship suffered a technical glitch today when it exploded , Yang Ming Marine Transport Corp said one of their ships caught fire but it isn't clear if that was before of after the bang which sent a shockwave over half a mile.

When ships go Boom !

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Wtf? Ships just blow up now due to a technical glitch?

Was it a 1978 Ford Pinto brand ship?

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Does it use the same kind of batteries that are in those #ed up EV cars that are being pushed on the population against their will? I hear those explode and catch fire and have major issues (along with everything else having to do with EV cars).

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moon68

Sorry the technical glitch was tongue in cheek , but I do wonder what it was carrying to go bang so big.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Might have been a container full of batteries. That would not surprise me at all.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 02:19 PM
link   

That was a lot of Temu debris! 😂 Jk.

Glad no one was injured or killed, although it's hard to believe there wasn't any considering the power of that blast.

edit on 9-8-2024 by VariedcodeSole because: eta

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeyondKnowledge3
a reply to: FlyersFan

Might have been a container full of batteries. That would not surprise me at all.

Kinda wondering about that too.
It's in China, and that's where they make those things.
And those EV batteries are just insanely bad.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 02:24 PM
link   
None of y'all are taking my chuckles away. I'm sticking with the Ford Pinto boat.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 02:34 PM
link   
their saying the ship was loaded with Class 5 hazardous materials. class 5 combined with other chemicals can make one hell of a big bang. lots of folks know this, but it is possible that it could have been some stray spark from the containers banging into one another, or a chemical reaction from a busted containers/ packages.

The Zhejiang Province Emergency Management Administration said the ship was loaded with Class 5 hazardous materials, but it didn’t say what they were.
A powerful explosion sets off a fireball on a container ship at a Chinese port

Common oxidizers, as examples of Class 5 hazardous materials, are composed of any solids, liquids, or gasses that react with most organic material or reducing agents that promote combustion in other materials. Though not necessarily combustible, oxidizers can increase the flammable range of chemicals to ignite more easily or intensify the chemical reaction between substances to cause a combustible reaction. Thus, common oxidizers are those substances that oxidize other substances and, through such a reaction, pose a severe fire hazard.
Hazardous Waste Materials Guide: Oxidizers

edit on 9-8-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 02:40 PM
link   
If you look carefully at the video, you can see lots of laptops and what look like PC's and printers sailing through the air immediately after the blast. Might not have been what caused it, but they were almost certainly involved.

Pretty serious blast, it hurled a multi-modal container off the deck and over onto the pier about 100+ feet away. That takes some serious energy to do something like that!

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Looking at the explosion is seemed at least to me to be steam based at the start.
Perhaps the ships boiler failed and caused a cascade of failures.

a reply to: Moon68

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 03:47 PM
link   

We had the same thing happen in my town back in 1976 -

PRESS-TELEGRAM ARTICLE

It was wild - blew out windows all over town. The National Guard had to come in to protect the retail areas from looters.
Ultimately it resulted in major changes in ship safety protocols, especially the oil tankers.

I'll never forget it.

edit on 8 9 2024 by underpass61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Looks like a small nuke.

Obviously not.

Quite the kick by the looks of it.

Put in mind of the 2020 Beirut explosion.

edit on 9-8-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: VariedcodeSole

That was a lot of Temu debris! 😂 Jk.

Glad no one was injured or killed, although it's hard to believe there wasn't any considering the power of that blast.

I would think the pants of everyone on board needed changing after that one. Ears will be ringing for days .

edit on 9000000143120248America/Chicago08pm8 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This could be the cue for an angry Chinese rant at attempted Taiwanese sabotage of one of their ports. An updated, reversed, version of the U.S.S. Maine incident.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 05:01 PM
link   
So was that a Taiwanese ship in a Chinese port? Hmmm. Seems oddly convenient.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moon68

Either that or an Electric powered ship with tons of those damned death batteries.

But I hear that there is a brand new technology under development to produce more economical, environmentally friendly ship propulsion. If you can believe this ... Somebody is working on a way to use wind to make ships move. What a novel idea! Geniuses, these modern folks. Why hasn't anybody thought of that before?

new topics

top topics

join