It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Form of Government for Your Consideration

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: gb540
Always wondered what the Founding Fathers would do, if we brought them to today in a time machine, and showed them what their republic became.

When I first heard about the whiskey rebellion I knew that this founding fathers spinning in their graves thing was wishful thinking.

A tax on distilled spirits that was heavy on individuals distilling in the western parts of the original 13 states but favored large distilleries in the east.

Money talks, it always has, even to the founding fathers.

edit on 9-8-2024 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LetsGoViking

originally posted by: some_stupid_name
I like the system I have right here in the US which cannot be found anywhere else on earth, maybe try your government somewhere else. Best of luck to you.

Not sure if you noticed, but this is the system of Government idealized by Thomas, et al. What we have in the US today is a far cry from the American Government defined by Founding Fathers. I just tried to simply the structure to be more conducive to personal freedom and less government control over our lives, to see what people would think.

It's been an eye opening experience so far.

I didn't, you claimed you had a new idea of government and I wasn't interested so I skipped straight to go kick rocks.

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: LetsGoViking

Much of what you say here in the OP is objectively good policy, but unfortunately, reaching that level of excellence within the US at the current time will be impossible. I believe Trump's presidency would do great things for the nation, so I truly hope he secures the presidency & doesn't get locked up by the crooked Demoncrats.

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 02:29 PM
link   
the whole concept of objectivity in political institutions is a lie concocted by right wing extremists to destroy Democratic institutions including the Constitution itself by justifying themselves every time they make irrational or tyrannical laws or court rulings to further their agenda to destroy the union, always arguing that their decisions were objective and correct and following the Constitution.

what they follow is a cult of anarchy that wants to destroy our nation so they can do whatever evil thing they desire without a powerful central government to reign them in, disregarding reality for selfish ideology and always creating excuses to weaken government and the rule of law, always there since the founding trying to undermine Democratic rule.

objectivity is a lie only liars use to justify themselves.

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
the whole concept of objectivity in political institutions is a lie concocted by right wing extremists to destroy Democratic institutions including the Constitution itself by justifying themselves every time they make irrational or tyrannical laws or court rulings to further their agenda to destroy the union, always arguing that their decisions were objective and correct and following the Constitution.

what they follow is a cult of anarchy that wants to destroy our nation so they can do whatever evil thing they desire without a powerful central government to reign them in, disregarding reality for selfish ideology and always creating excuses to weaken government and the rule of law, always there since the founding trying to undermine Democratic rule.

objectivity is a lie only liars use to justify themselves.

Care to cite some example of how Objectivity is a lie? Objective reasoning assumes that the truth is real and not dependent of the observer. How this plays into the hand of "right wing extremists" is something of a mystery to me. Both right and left play "this is the Truth and the other side lies" game. I don't fall into either category. I fall into the Individual Freedom camp.

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 09:16 AM
link   
To be fair they said

the whole concept of objectivity in political institutions is a lie...

Not objectivity in general.

Here is an example, prostitution is illegal in 49 of the 50 states of the US. (might be 48 since Maine decriminalized it is 2023).

If Nevada can have legal prostitution why can't all the other states?

Here is another example, why are there counties in the US that prohibit the sale of alcohol?

Seems to me that in these 2 examples we see individual freedom taken away because of local political institutions.

And, honestly they are right wing religious ideals that demonize these two things.

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
To be fair they said

the whole concept of objectivity in political institutions is a lie...

Not objectivity in general.

Here is an example, prostitution is illegal in 49 of the 50 states of the US. (might be 48 since Maine decriminalized it is 2023).

If Nevada can have legal prostitution why can't all the other states?

Here is another example, why are there counties in the US that prohibit the sale of alcohol?

Seems to me that in these 2 examples we see individual freedom taken away because of local political institutions.

And, honestly they are right wing religious ideals that demonize these two things.

If the people of those states vote for it, it will be legal. Under a Objectivist government, it would have never been illegal, since the morality of it doesn't enter into it. The Objectivist's view is that is a matter of personal freedom, and could not be regulated at the Federal level. If the people of the states want to make it illegal, that would be open to a vote of the people of that state.

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Doesn't change the fact that the "concept of objectivity in political institutions is a lie".

There isn't plain old objectivity, there are agendas.

Saying "How this plays into the hand of "right wing extremists" is something of a mystery to me." is nonsense, you know exactly how it works, some people think some things are unethical or sins, if you will. These people are usually the religious right.

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Subsidies and bailouts keep people working.

I don't think you should lump them together with Corporate Welfare. Some sources suggest the companies which receive corporate welfare are the ones which hire the inner city.

Suppose it's a payment to not make civil rights and the EEOC an unfunded mandate? Suppose they're providing a chance for people to work their way out of poverty without being 100% right away?

It is also a way to keep people in an environment where their taxes can pay for a professional police force, medical care, and education so the children have a better chance to escape the cycle of poverty. However, it does all that without corrupting peoples' morals like a handout might.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join