It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

..I made a video...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I've just spent a couple of days dabbling with Davinci Resolve, last time i did any video editing it was with a couple of VHS recorders hooked up with a scart lead....

One of my brothers has a screw loose somewhere.

He is so far up his own ass, I can't put it down to a generational thing.

He wouldn't make a cup of tea for his mum on her birthday because 1. He doesn't drink brew and 2. He has a degree. There's plenty of other things but that one still 'irks' me big time

His degree is a masters in television or something. So, i made this to prove a point that no matter if you have a degree, it doesn't mean you trump everybody who doesn't.

I'm after your thoughts and comments.... It's on Rumble mind

It's with reference to the hoo har at the Olympics this year.....

Much appreciated for your time

Rumble link

edit on 7-8-2024 by McUrnsalso because: stuff

edit on 7-8-2024 by McUrnsalso because: stuff

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: McUrnsalso

Some constructive comments...

1. Not sure how the video really connects to your OP. Not sure that it illustrates anything about college degrees either.

2. Intro to the video is too long. You could cut out the first 1:30 to 2:00 of the video and it would have better effect (looking at solely the comedic element of the seeming point of the video...without regard to the text of your OP).

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

cheers for your time

I saw some of his work he submitted for his degree (the highest education you can get in the UK) and to be honest, i thought it was #. Audio needed cleaning up or dubbing, colour balancing needed sorting out. I couldn't fault the actors/actresses as you get what you can being a student. He would of had access to much better equipment than i do at home. Since leaving university he has done very little with it, never mind only just actually applying for jobs since leaving education some 2 years ago. Having fairly decent iphone, the cameras nowadays are pretty good for use on a HD tv. All the audio and visual editing software can be obtained free

The idea behind spending my time (a couple of days) doing this is to say to him, having a degree doesn't mean you're one step above everybody else. People with no formal video/TV education can still do a relatively decent job of what he's studied to do. If you broach any kind of argument with him that doesn't fall into his 'woke'/'selfish' ideology he walks away in a 'humpf' not being able to handle a critical conversation. Probably a sign of the times we are living in. He's still living at home at the age of 30 and regularly either not speaking to our parents or when he is he's speaking to our mum like #. I've tried talking to him and almost come close to flattening him because of his attitude. I thought i'd try a different approach. I'm the eldest son of the family and kind of feel responsible to do as much as I can to give his head a wobble before he screws things up when he does eventually score a job in the industry. Nobody is going to take his # in a professional environment especially if he can't articulate a proficient argument without running away like a 'big girls blouse'.

I'll trim the video down a bit, the idea was to have it start as a relative serious piece about the boxing with having the full fight and then the 'surprise' ending. I'd already cut out a minute and a half of material. I'm a big fan of Chris Morris and his TV Show 'The Day Today'. Extreme satire at it's best.

I've also got a creative side and thought this video needed to be done.

Anyway, thankyou for your time and constructive comments. This is a great place

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: McUrnsalso
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

cheers for your time

I saw some of his work he submitted for his degree (the highest education you can get in the UK)

We have post-graduate degrees too.

100% behind your point though. Back in the day, film degrees were largely theoretical - each to their own - and the technical stuff was taught by experience; today they are overwhelmingly technical, specific to the point of absurdity, obsolete pretty quickly and completely useless without the life skills that you need to get by anyway.
edit on 8-8-2024 by BasicResearchMethods because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: BasicResearchMethods

I really don't want to treat him as a lost cause because he's family....

....He found it highly amusing a couple of christmases ago to ask our 94 year old gran if she'd ever used butt plugs, not just once, kept it up for a good while, never mind the fact that we had kids running about the house at the time..... The next year she cried off christmas dinner saying she wasn't feeling 'too well'. I think anybody reading this can see why she probably didn't want to come.

I have my work cut out and running out of ideas

top topics

join