It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Promise, A Sonnet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Brought to the top and set on the spire
To survey the land o’er all He could reign
Here was His chance to eliminate pain
(Out of the pan and into the fire).
The strength to turn away from the power
He summoned the forces of good within
allowing man commitment or sin
To bide His time until the hour.
Our goodness isn’t granted but chosen
Allegiance freely given endows worth
Throughout our lives are multiple rebirths
Only love can thaw a heart that’s frozen.
Each choice we make a chance to realign
I strive to earn the promise which is mine.

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Hi zosimov.

On first reading your sonnet, I thought it was very well crafted.

On my second read, I stopped after the first two lines and certain imagery came to mind.

With every subsequent read-through, a more complete picture developed; a Special life path, start to finish and beyond.

I think this should be something worth giving to every youngster (and most adults) to ponder. There is more understanding in those fourteen lines than reams of prose that only confounds and alienates.

edit on 5/8/2024 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Hi Encia

Seeing your avatar put a huge smile on my face--great to see you--and your comment made my day. Thank you for taking the time to read through my attempts at putting some ideas to words
I'm glad the attempt was not in vain.

I hope you've been okay. Sending a big hug your way, if you like internet hugs that is

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Nice!

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Explanation: S&F!

Personal Disclosure: Huzzah! That was vunderbah, ja ja , da da , haha!

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: JJproductions

Thanks! Hope you're doing well!

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: OmegaLogos

Thank you! Loved reading your enthusiasm!

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Thank you.
This is beautiful.
You honor us all in sharing.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Thanks. That was 👍

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BrotherKinsMan

This is great to read because I sat down with the intent to write something to share with ATS, and this is what I came up with.
I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Very glad you liked it. Cheers!

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
a reply to: Encia22

I hope you've been okay. Sending a big hug your way, if you like internet hugs that is

Oooh, thanks zosimov!

iHugs are always welcome; sending some back your way.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I am on Maui, no complaints! It’s beautiful!

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Dear Zosimov,

I read many times and this poem is like ocean in wave motion. When the peak are the lines, I look and look and with each pass it is different, deep meaning follow like the valley between. For every new line is the title, the poem is difference.
Think on piano, what button is first hit, is primer for rest of melody.

From all version, I like this one all the best:

Throughout our lives are multiple rebirths

Is true! And many uplivings in between the downlivings too. Like road trip we maked for our friend. But only other good friend and me, not big one. Things many time happen different than planned or wished. We -other good friend and I- we say it was like we get reborn when we come home again. We want make regular reborns now
. I think about it, why do we say it? Because we notice difference in life and give us fresh energy and new start.

Is when we are in situation like in womb and we make transit experience difference between two world? Like go somewhere else and general living experience is different. Like when make vacation where open, friendly people live, make different experience then when people do not want contact with visitor. One experience is open, one is close. Like womb. Please excuse the strange expressing, it is me that is not good in delivering.

When I search word for deliver, I remember, I have open question for package but is not important question. Is only question related how much diabetes from German snacks you risk for family. One risk is unit of kg in gummibears too.

Each choice we make a chance to realign

I go back to philosophy. There is cross connection to diet choicing I see, for distraction. Back in serious, it is choice already in decision to want to see the chances we have for choice to change. The chances we have to choice -for change.

What do we make with them, do we not see, do we ignore, do we act? It is practicing awareness and help me take step back from big picture and see bigger picture.

In hopeful you understand my philosphical drainage, best wishes and health to you and family.

new topics

top topics

join