It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your thoughts on Bill Nelson

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Guy Biden put in charge of NASA is a total vegetable.

Hey says the far side of the moon is always dark. It's not. He says we don't know what's on the far side as if it's a big mystery but the Apollo astronauts not only orbited the moon (that means going around the back side too) but they took photographs and made detailed maps.

This guy is as blank as Biden. Who else in this administration is a brain dead animatronic pod person. This guy is in charge of NASA !!!

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: 5thHead

Guy Biden put in charge of NASA is a total vegetable.

Agreed , the guy's an idiot.

The NASA administrator should be someone who know about space , or at least knows something about the nearest Celestial body to us.

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Hold on there chief, his level of genius is far greater than you or I. Wait until his grand plan for the Starliner is revealed, then we'll see what's what.

Also, if you follow his logic, the side that we see is lit and the back side is dark. Now, if we can't see the front side during a new moon, then the whole moon is dark because you can't see it from Earth, you know, like when my cat shuts his eyes and thinks that I can't see him. Trust me, you can''t keep up with a genius like that. Next thing you know, he's going to tell us how significant insignificant is.

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

The NASA administrator should be someone who know about space , or at least knows something about the nearest Celestial body to us.

...or something about the greatest achievement made by the agency he runs.

NASAs biggest program currently is Artemis. And this is the guy in charge of getting us back to the moon?

🤤

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: billxam1

His plan for starliner is probably just to ask SpaceX to save the day. LOL.

😲

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I guess he was in the same astronomy class as Sheila Jackson Lee.
edit on 8/4/2024 by yeahright because: Typo

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5thHead
This guy is as blank as Biden. Who else in this administration is a brain dead animatronic pod person.

"Never hire anyone smarter than yourself" might explain things here.

Imagine what Kamala's picks will be...

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 01:41 PM
link   
He is the smartest guy on the planet. Not on Earth though.

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 01:50 PM
link   

All the Apollo missions were designed so that they could have direct line-of-sight communication from the Lunar surface to Earth, while simultaneously having good Solar illumination of the landing site (so they didn't have to survive cold lunar nights and could use solar power for electricity). All the upcoming Artemis missions to the Lunar surface are designed the same way. Under those conditions, whenever a crew is on the surface, the far side of the moon IS in the dark. He might have been referring to this fact in a garbled way.

The Soviets designed their robotic rover missions and sample return missions the same way for the same reasons. That means all the surface samples that have been returned up until June of this year were from the near side. It is true that there have been many orbiters around the Moon--both manned and robotic--and they have returned a lot of remote sensing data, but none of them provided any ground truth from the far side. The Lunar far side has very different appearing geology than the near side, implying different geophysical processes going on there, so it is true that the far side is more scientifically mysterious/unknown than the near side.

The Chinese sample return mission that returned a sample in late June was from the far side near the South Pole Aitken Basin. That is a first. They did that because that's where most of the water on the Moon is, trapped as ice in the permanently shadowed craters. They claim they want to build a manned base there, at some point, and the idea is to mine the water ice for crew life support and/or rocket propellant production.

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

Did you watch the video in the OP? It's only about a minute long. 🙄

ETA - your also just wrong. Just because you land in a permanently shadowed crater at the lunar South Pole doesn't mean the far side of the moon magicaly goes dark. ...what are you even on about.

Plus the Apollo astronauts were not always in direct line of sight with the Earth. They would lose communication with Earth as their orbit went around the far side.

While 2 astronauts walked on the moon a 3rd continued to orbit the moon in the command module. His main job was to study and photograph the far side.

edit on 5310214America/Chicagopm04 by 5thHead because: 🌠

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5thHead

originally posted by: gortex

...or something about the greatest achievement made by the agency he runs.

NASAs biggest program currently is Artemis. And this is the guy in charge of getting us back to the moon?

🤤

Maybe he is just not as good as past administrators at perpetuating the whole moon landing hoax.

Jk.

Or am i?

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 04:01 PM
link   

he's a dickhead

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Let me guess, it will be his idea to land on the Sun and explore around there some. Completely safe because they will land at night.

I lost any sense of government being run by some people of intelligence after watching that video. I had suspected it for a while but now we have proof.

Edit: I would like to think this person for taking the pressure off my state, Georgia, for the Guam tipping over question. This guy is on a much higher level of federal leadership stupidity.

edit on 5-8-2024 by BeyondKnowledge3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 02:36 AM
link   
The far side of the Moon is dark in terms of vision and radio comms from Earth. Maybe not the best choice of works in what the dark side of the Moon is about.

What is more concerning is how all the past data on the dark side has been lost and now America is at a disadvantage as China has found something there worth checking out.

Or maybe the NASA Director has a NDA and cannot talk about these things in public, so has to lie his way through it?

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: kwaka

Lie his way through it? If would have been less painfully embarrassing if he put his fingers in his ears and said 'la, la, la. I can't hear you. '

A few microsats would open the back side of the Moon to radio traffic. And no data of the far side was really lost. Just the video tapes were reused. The maps and photos still exist. Also there have been several recent survery missions to look at the Moon in more detail than in the Apollo missions.

This guy needs the NASA Moon coloring book to help with his knowledge of the subject.
edit on 5-8-2024 by BeyondKnowledge3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 07:50 AM
link   
He may have been smart once. Perhaps he listened to Pink Floyd and imbibed questionable products too much.

By the way, which one’s Pink?

😂

I’m so sorry! I just couldn’t help myself…

posted on Aug, 5 2024 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

Lie his way through it? If would have been less painfully embarrassing if he put his fingers in his ears and said 'la, la, la. I can't hear you. '

What if he did know the reason why China was setting up a base on the far side, like to check out one of those old ships up there? Maybe some place where lights are still buzzing around? Or some other thing that would open up a big can a worms to publicly disclose it?

With the way disclosure is still a long slow drip at this time, lot of people cannot hear much.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex
It's the same as putting Mark Rutte at the helm of NATO

new topics

top topics

join