It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelsea Clinton Angling for Ambassadorship If Kamala Harris Wins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2024 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Chelsea Clinton, adult child of Bill and Hillary Clinton, wants to be Ambassador to UK.
Apparently this has been in the works for a long while now.
The Democrats sell ambassadorships to high donors and high fundraisers.
Chelsea getting the ambassadorship from Kamala is apparently why the
Clintons were so quick to give their endorsement to Kamala.

"Democrat Democracy" at work.

The Clintons just won't go away.

Chelsea Clinton Angling for Ambassadorship If Kamala Harris Wins

Chelsea Clinton has eyes on an ambassadorship if Kamala Harris becomes president, according to sources.

“Chelsea really wants to be the ambassador to the UK,” said a Clinton source. “There’s a reason why Bill and Hillary came out in the first five minutes to support Kamala’s presidential bid — they were currying favor.”

The source said the Clintons have been “working on this idea for a long time.

“I can well imagine that the UK ambassadorship is an aspiration for Chelsea, although she is a bit junior still — and London usually goes to a massive donor or fundraiser,” a longtime British embassy official, now based in London, told The Post.

Another person in the know noted that Chelsea, 44, would be open to ambassadorships in other countries, adding, “I’ve heard for a long time that Chelsea has been hopeful for an ambassadorship.”

Businesswoman Jane Hartley, 74, has been the ambassador to the UK since 2022, after Michael Bloomberg reportedly turned it down. She was formerly ambassador to France and Monaco during the Obama administration and has been a major campaign “bundler” for the Democratic party, reportedly helping raise a half-million dollars for Obama.

Anyone interested ... From 2017 ... salaries and 'extra benefits' for ambassadors HERE . Of course, that doesn't include kickbacks and 'gifts' and money made on the sly ...

posted on Aug, 2 2024 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I'm sure that explains some of the reasoning behind the Clinton's endorsing so quickly.

No way it was free ...

posted on Aug, 2 2024 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I could have sworn there was a term for that.

Quid Pro....something?

posted on Aug, 2 2024 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I was wondering when the grooming of littler Chelsea was going to begin, after all she is the sole child of the Clinton, and they want to keep their legacy with her.

I am sure that we will see more of her ascension into politics in the next few years.

posted on Aug, 2 2024 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Yeah they have a corrupt nomination process for sure, just like everything else the Dems do.

But you never know, she might make a good ambassador some day.

It's not going to happen this time though, but maybe Trump will give it to her when he wins.

posted on Aug, 2 2024 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I was wondering when Chelsea's political career was going to kick off; I'm pretty sure she's been earmarked as presidential hopeful for the future demolition of America.

Hillary will do whatever it takes to get back in the WH.

posted on Aug, 2 2024 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Chelsea Clinton and her husband Marc Mezvinsky have a net worth of $30 million.

I don't believe they need the money but who knows their finances. They have 3 children, the youngest is 5. Maybe she's getting bored, IDK. But I think Chelsea Clinton would make a great ambassador.

I've always liked her. She doesn't fit the mold her parents seem to have tried to put her in, she was also quite the rebel back in the day. She also doesn't seem as hardened and witchy as her mother and she seems well adjusted in spite of her parents. And, Chelsea's the one who exposed the financials of the Clinton foundation. Might or might not have been accidental but she did speak up about the issue.

posted on Aug, 2 2024 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Not a surprise really.
Nepotism exists and always has.

posted on Aug, 2 2024 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Moon68

I could have sworn there was a term for that.

Quid Pro....something?

The (D)party should be renamed, Quid Games.

posted on Aug, 2 2024 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I wonder what Chelsea did to make Hillary so mad? I mean we all remember how Hillary feels about Ambassadors. Just ask Christopher Stevens... oh what difference does it make now.

posted on Aug, 2 2024 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Do these people heave better things to do than stay in the sewage of politics?

posted on Aug, 2 2024 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Awarding ambassadorships based on political/economic connections is unfortunately quite common in the modern era. For example:

"Donald Trump has gifted a record proportion of ambassadorial posts to political appointees, rewarding wealthy supporters with minimal experience at the expense of career diplomats, according to the latest figures.

About 44% of US ambassadors nominated by Trump have been political appointees, compared with a historical average of about 30%, according to the American Foreign Service Association (AFSA). That percentage is getting higher. Out of the ambassador nominations so far this year, 57% have gone to political appointees."

From a 2020 article in the Guardian:

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2024 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I think it’s really telling of American politics this is the first time since 1976 there hasn’t been a Bush/Biden/Clinton on the presidential ticket.

DC is incestious. And nepotism is rampant.

posted on Aug, 2 2024 @ 12:49 PM
link   

"just won't go away", precisely. Chelsea is a nothing that should not be allowed anywhere near a government appointment of any kind.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 2 2024 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Nepotism is all over government hiring. It really is scandalous.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 2 2024 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

who is the guy that's allegedly the baby daddy? Looks just like her! Poor thing

posted on Aug, 2 2024 @ 11:58 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
I was wondering when the grooming of littler Chelsea was going to begin, after all she is the sole child of the Clinton, and they want to keep their legacy with her.

I am sure that we will see more of her ascension into politics in the next few years.

Dudette it’s a descent into politics not an ascension 🤙

new topics

top topics

join