It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something we need to talk about

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Well... not only talk about, but also prepare for. And this will be an uncomfortable topic that will dredge up some of our dark past here on ATS. But I think we need to talk about it.

As we get closer to the VP pick for the Harris campaign, considering the choices, this one thing has been on my mind. Many here may not remember ATS in 2011, but I do. I've been here for nearly 20 years, and 2011 stands out as just one of those years. Just like 2015, and the rise of Trump.

It is becoming more clear to me that Mark Kelly may be Harris' VP pick, and most democrats are lining up behind him, if the news are to be trusted on that. While he would be a good pick for her, it may draw attention to Above Top Secret, as well. The attention may bring in some negativity, may bring some attention to us, may even bring in some undesirables or stans here to ATS. It will probably create more traffic and more work for the moderators.

That is IF Mark Kelly is the pick. Otherwise, we won't have to worry.

Does everyone remember Sarah Palin posting memes of people she didn't like, with them in crosshairs? And then Mark Kelly's wife, Congresswoman Gabby Giffords, was shot in the head in Tucson, AZ and six other people were gunned down with her in a mass murder in 2011?

Well, that someone who killed all those people was one of us at ATS, and it brought a lot of attention and discussion here to ATS at the time. Above Top Secret is still mentioned online in the killer's biography. In fact, if you go to the wiki page for the killer, you will find this in there:

His friend Zach Osler noted that conspiracy theories had a profound effect on Loughner.[16][42] He was a member of the message board Above Top Secret, which discusses conspiracy theories; members of the site did not respond warmly to posts believed to be from his account.[43][44][45] Loughner espoused conspiracy theories about the 9/11 attacks,[40] the New World Order, and believed in a 2012 apocalypse, among other controversial viewpoints.[46]

In the aftermath of the shooting, the Anti-Defamation League reviewed messages by Loughner, and concluded that there was a "disjointed theme that runs through Loughner's writings", which was a "distrust for and dislike of the government." It "manifested itself in various ways" – for instance, in the belief that the government used the control of language and grammar to brainwash people, the notion that the government was creating "infinite currency" without the backing of gold and silver, or the assertion that NASA was faking spaceflights.[47] Kathryn Olmsted of UC Davis wrote that Loughner possessed a "toxic jumble of left- and right-wing conspiracy theories, his sources ranging from Marx to Hitler to heavy metal."[48]

Link

Now, even in that wiki, it says that ATS did not respond well to him. We did not, he was not liked. But that will not matter if Mark Kelly becomes the VP pick to the most powerful presidency in the world. Everything will be researched and everything will be talked about, including what happened to his wife. And ATS may end up in crosshairs this time.

And I don't mean from the government. I think anyone who's been here on ATS for a while is aware this website is not isolated, it is being watched. If it wasn't before 2011, it definitely is after 2011. I am talking about the media, the news, random researchers or documentary makers, solo sleuths and so on.

We need to be ready for this, and the moderators should be ready for a lot more work, should this happen.

P.S. The reason I am not mentioning his name at all in my post is because I don't want to draw more searches from outside.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I must have just missed all that happening, I came here in 2012. But that is when I signed up, I did come here occasionally to see what was going on for about four or five years prior to that, just observed and saw what was going on before I joined up.

I always figured the government would be monitoring this site. I think they have people monitoring many sites and also some types of programs that look for keywords of posts.

I have nothing against Kamala or her possible running mate, I just do not believe Kamala would be right for the Job as president based on her past actions. She seems like a person who would fold under pressure if things go wrong. Possible worrier genes.I also did not think Biden should have even run last term, he was showing signs of cognitive decline when he ran for president last time. Kamala seems to giggle when she gets upset or cornered, it means her brain probably works better when there is no stress...just my opinion. Sure it is a prestigious position, but not one ninety nine percent of Americans should even attempt to run for.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

Big whoopee doo.No new members can join,so why would the moderators have more work?
You would be on the good little citizen chart anyway with the sycophantic way you support all government dictats and talking points.
So why the warning agent Smith?

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I can't see it happening

Why Democrats may need Mark Kelly to stay in Arizona - LINK - He's a great senator and an admirable guy, but he's not what the Democratic ticket needs

For all of his credibility, experience and substance, Kelly lacks the political charisma and fire necessary to run for national office. Even his biggest supporters acknowledge privately that Kelly is not a great orator or debater. No one attends a Mark Kelly speech or event and walks away talking about his passion or persuasiveness.

Kamala Harris’ Running Mate Favorite at Center of Drug Scandal – Senator Mark Kelly’s Daughter Deletes ALL Social Media After Posting Video of Weed and Illegal Molly - LINK - LINK2

edit on 26-7-2024 by tarantulabite1 because: Add link

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 03:25 AM
link   

There is no captain of the helm here.

Only moderators with restrictive capabilities.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Well then it's a good thing our user accounts were dissappeared. That would, of course, mean that "someone" knew all this would happen and did it to protect all of us.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 05:47 AM
link   
🤣 Oh this is a good one that nobody will see thru like brand new glass 🤣

Somebody's feeling a little guilty maybe?

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 06:43 AM
link   

It seems his account is gone because I found this www.abovetopsecret.com... and was able to read the actual posts he made but there's a link to the comments he made that doesn't work.

His posts are confusing to me I dont see how there would be any inkling of what he was actually doing. I wasnt on this site back then was it a big controversy at that time?

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 07:05 AM
link   
In all honesty, I don't remember it being that big of a deal at the time, I remember a few discussions but nothing really major?
The guy was diagnoised with paranoid schizophrenia, and was psychotic at times according to medical evaluations, we've had a few members over the years who appear to be suffering a mental illness from their style of posting. ATS could have contributed to their delusions but there are plenty of places on the internet to find that if you go looking.

I mean ATS is pretty much on it's way out now any way, us last few members are it's death rattle before it flat lines, so I really don't think there's anything to worry about.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Nah. Fakebook, Reddit and Twitter overshadow ATS by a very large margin.

Anyway...let'em come. We deal with psychos and brainwashed Lefties on a daily basis.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376

Big whoopee doo.No new members can join,so why would the moderators have more work?

Because new accounts can still be created. This is a new account I created after the whole hack went down.

What we can't do, without moderator help, is get into our old accounts. Nobody is talking about that.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 03:27 PM
link   

New accounts opened like around June 2nd and up are locked out because they can't get initial passwords to login and post.

Start at member page# 6533 and see hundreds of new accounts and not one post. It's the latest "joke's on you" tactic.😃

members page 6533

top topics

join