It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physicists Looking At A Potential Element 120 After Synthesizing Element 116

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Sorry i took so long to respond but that mixed grill and pitcher of Venom cocktail hit the spot so to speak.

The scientific consensus on the universality of physical laws is not mere belief but based on extensive empirical evidence rickymouse.

Observations from different parts of the universe, such as the behavior of light from distant stars and galaxies support the ideology that physical laws like gravity and electromagnetism are uniform.

The James Webb Space Telescope's findings have indeed raised some eyebrows, and introduced new questions into the mix.

But the finding whilst immensely interesting dont undermine the fundamental consistency of physical laws of our universe.

Things like the Big Bang theory are not immutable beliefs but frameworks that best explain the available evidence.

And the theory is open to revision as new data becomes available.

To claim that science is misused for prestige and money oversimplifies the rigorous peer-review process and the pursuit of knowledge for its own sake.

And the assertion that times properties and our spatial position invalidate the Big Bang theory ignores the robust mathematical and observational foundations that support it.

By my guess real science is evolving and provides reliable explanations which are grounded in evidence, not just arbitrary beliefs.

As to what i subconsciously know, that's probably that I'm going to have a hangover in the morning.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Ile certainly entertain the prospect NoCorruptionAllowed no "matter" how unlikely it may be.

How does adding neutrons help where the production of antimatter/anti-gravity is concerned?

And added to what or where?

If you mean Element 115 how do they achieve that?

Would the likes of the energy required to produce such heavier isotopes of moscovium not be somewhat astronomical?

Well, nobody can do a process like that on Earth of course,
I mean not in sufficient quantity to do anything remarkable. At least not known publicly. A cyclotron has done this to elements in very teeny tiny amounts, and its super expensive last time I read about it.

Adding neutrons to an element will change it's physical properties, mass , etc.. And exotic properties 'could' emerge, but we don't have any proof nor is there any way to investigate that that I know of happening with (insert any super heavy element here). If you could add say 50 more neutrons to 115 it would really change it, nuclear radius would increase and would really change chemical properties, so maybe some super-heavy element like 115 being a stable isotope could exude exotic properties .

Hey I'm just open to the possibility too, it's interesting to think about. It's really hard to believe there is a stable isotope of 115 in the first place, and then if that's true, then you must leap even further to accept it can yield antimatter inside some flying saucer to power it and create a gravity bubble.

All I'm saying is I am always open to possibilities.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I seem to recall The stuff the alleged EBS gave us, Element 115, supposedly came from a binary star system according to Bob Lazar, could be mistaken.

Im all at it today mate through.

Could be doing with some of the greys Element 115 myself.

edit on 26-7-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

And what will this Liverpillium do for us ordinary Joes ?

Very little, I expect. Or maybe something in a hundred years or so ... when western civ may well no longer exist.

Hmm.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Dead on target RM, and by 'target', I don't mean Andy.

I used to love this kind of stuff, but years of watching our society deteriorate has dampened my appetite for such.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Can i fill up that half-empty glass for you F2d5thCavv2.

Why so pessimistic?

For we know the super-heavy element could have the potential to help cure or identify diseases.

Or enable the likes of future cancer therapies.

Not that i dont take your point with everything that's going on around our ears.

Nonetheless, science is important.
edit on 26-7-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Kurokage

The "island of stability" theory.

I live in New Zealand, close to Auckland, and its practically made of volcanoes. We get quakes and rumblings all the time, so not much stability at present.

LOL

top topics

<< 1   >>

join