It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ammo Company Selling Bullets Using Vending Machines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 01:11 PM
link   
This gave me a good laugh! I wonder how long it will take for multiple law suits to be filed?

A company has launched grocery store vending machines - to sell bullets.

American Rounds have so far put ammo kiosks into eight locations in Alabama, Oklahoma, and Texas.

The so-called Automated Ammo Retail Machines (AARM) use state-of-the-art ID scanners, combined with facial recognition, to check if the person buying is of legal age and who they say they are.

The company believes the high-tech level of security actually makes it safer to offer ammo for sale.

What could possibly go wrong?

"Currently ammunition is sold off the shelf or online. These environments lead to inadvertent sales to underaged purchasers and or (in the case of retail stores) a high theft rate.

"What we loved about this concept is the AARM units use state-of-the-art ID scanners combined with facial recognition before a transaction can be made.

"This ensures that the individual is of legal age and that they are who they represent themselves to be.

[www.bigcountrynewsconnection.com... 0cd-5e5066fb288f.html]

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

This is a nice thing.

Im sure it won't take long for it to be removed....

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I'd imagine the machine is less likely to sell to a person who should not have access to ammo than a person behind a counter. Facial recognition is no joke and I'd imagine it would take a Real ID to buy on top of that.

We may as well get used to this kind of thing. The era of a person behind a counter running a cash register is soon to be a memory. The rule of business will be; never use a person to do anything a machine can do.

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 02:02 PM
link   
It'll probably still be cheaper to buy online. I keep my ammo on a kan-ban system. Once a caliber gets down to a certain count level I just place an order.

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I am finding the opposite to be true. Walmart plans to eliminate self checkouts because of theft. Several Dollar General stores around my area just installed self checkouts over the past couple of years. The self checkout lanes are now all closed.

Machines are worse then people at running a checkout it seems.
edit on 11-7-2024 by BeyondKnowledge3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Those vending machines are more for tracking ammo purchases than anything else. If you want to be tracked, just pay by credit card.

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

My thoughts, too. As Blaine91555 said:

We may as well get used to this kind of thing. The era of a person behind a counter running a cash register is soon to be a memory.

I envision a future wher merchandise is showcased behind bullet-proof glass and you just click on quntity to dd it to your cart. When you're done shopping you enter your digitl credit and wait t the pick-up staging area for you order.

These flash shopping/stealing mobs leave few choices for suppliers. Big Box stores will one day become a fint memory relocted to the history books.

Have you ever bought MJ using a crd? Many states don't allow users to own guns, and the number will keep growing.

Ever been prescribed anti-depresents or ADHD meds? Same thing. You can add domestic violence nd red flag laws to the list, and the list of 'can not have' will continue to grow.

I hope potential purchasers think this through.

edit on 1/1/1908 by nugget1 because: eta

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Your store sounds a lot like Service Merchandise but with a barrier to the items.. They are out of business. It wasn't a good shopping experience for most.

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Hope the machines are in the back corner of the stores, where hitting or kicking them won't cause too many deaths.

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

Those self-checkouts are quite different than a vending machine. What I suspect we will see is stores will become giant vending machines where you view and choose what you want and then you pay before you physically get the product.

What concerns me is how it will all mean everything we buy will be tracked as you mentioned.

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: wAnchorofCarp

If the Machine happens to Malfunction and you get Gipped for your Money without the Ammo of your Choice Not Coming Out , can you then just Do what most People would do and Bang that Mofo with your Fist to make it Work but then have some Law Enforcement Dude Nearby see you and Arrest you for Obtaining Firearm Ammo Illegally ? ....*_

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 06:39 PM
link   
If its out on a street corner stupid idea, if its inside a store, I dont see the problem.

I am sure there is a litany of regulations for the store and the machine owner that cover most of the hysteria around this.

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
If its out on a street corner stupid idea, if its inside a store, I dont see the problem.

I am sure there is a litany of regulations for the store and the machine owner that cover most of the hysteria around this.

I see the link doesn't work; sorry about that! According to the article

"What we loved about this concept is the AARM units use state-of-the-art ID scanners combined with facial recognition before a transaction can be made.

"This ensures that the individual is of legal age and that they are who they represent themselves to be.
"The machines themselves weigh up to 2000 pounds and are well secured from theft. We only place them inside stores and not outside (i.e., Redbox).

"As a company, our team are supporters of law-abiding responsible gun ownership. We believe in the Second Amendment and that providing a safe and secure method to sell ammunition is needed in the market."

The American Rounds website says: "Our automated ammo dispensers are accessible 24/7, ensuring that you can buy ammunition on your own schedule, free from the constraints of store hours and long lines."

Originally published on talker.news, part of the BLOX Digital Content Exchange.

Hopefully this link will wotk:
[www.bigcountrynewsconnection.com... 0cd-5e5066fb288f.html]

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Facial recognition is no joke and I'd imagine it would take a Real ID to buy on top of that.

got to have the little star, that way uncle sugar can track what kind of ammunition you buy, and have a idea if you have anything other than what you bought at the gun store. private sales are the best, especially if you live in a 2nd friendly state.

edit on 11-7-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 09:56 PM
link   

link still not working, try just copying and pasting it so we can capy and paste it see if that works or is that what you did this time? the article might have been scrubbed to.

here is a USA today article about them, and a NPR article.

Are bullets on your grocery list? Ammo vending machines debut in grocery stores

they should have said beans, bullets, and banages for the headline.

Bread and bullets: Some southern supermarkets now sell ammo out of vending machines

edit on 11-7-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Thanks! Your links go more indepth.

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 10:11 PM
link   

your welcome.

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I love the fact that it’s easy access to ammo but the problem is the credit card companies.
You’re going to have to use a card in these machines and the companies are now tracking these specific red flag purchases.
The frequency and amounts you buy will now generate police action and be used against you.
They will start kicking down doors with armed squads because you purchased too much in such a short time.
“You must be up to no good”
I’m sure it’ll be soon where the credit card companies start not accepting payments from certain vendors/vending machines which sell products they don’t want you to have.
They’ve already told us they want to do it…

“Sen. Elizabeth Warren, a Massachusetts Democrat, said in a statement, "It's a start that credit card companies have committed to comply with the [merchant code] law in California, but we need implementation across the country if we're going to do everything we can to prevent gun violence."

"The sooner credit card companies and banks begin using the new [merchant code] for gun retailers and tracking suspicious gun purchases, the more mass shootings we will have a shot at preventing before they occur," Warren added.
www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2024 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

Yeah, that'll put a big dent in gun violence which is mostly committed with illegally procured weapons.
It must be a requirement that politicians have no reasoning skills or common sense.

new topics

top topics

join