It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Labour to allow 100,000 migrants to apply for asylum - and that's just the start

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 11:46 AM
link   
We guessed it would happen and now we see it's happening just a few days after the Labour party took power , 90,000 migrants who were earmarked for deportation to Rwanda because they had no right to asylum are to be allowed to apply for asylum , and this will just be the tip of the Iceberg that will sink our country.

Labour is to allow more than 100,000 migrants to apply for asylum after scrapping Rishi Sunak’s Rwanda scheme, Sir Keir Starmer’s spokesman indicated on Monday.

Some 90,000 migrants earmarked for deportation to Rwanda will be among the 102,000 who will be processed through the asylum system.

Yvette Cooper, the Home Secretary, is working with Home Office officials to establish whether it will need to repeal Conservative immigration legislation in order to switch migrants into the asylum system and introduce its own legislation.

The changes would be incorporated into a new Border Security Bill in next week’s King’s Speech.

Nearly 36,000 migrants are currently being accommodated in hotels, more than half of which are from high asylum grant countries, costing the taxpayer £2.9 million a day.

Ms Cooper has pledged to end hotel use within a year and to “start saving money straight away”, but will face an increasing backlog unless it can stop the boats crossing the Channel.
www.telegraph.co.uk...#:~:text=Labour%20is%20to%20allow%20more,proc essed%20through%20the%20asylum%20system.

Labour are also introducing mandatory housing targets on councils to build 1.5 million new houses in the next 5 years and loosening planning laws so that nice piece of green land down the road from you will seen be a housing development.

Yeah , you should have voted Reform !

edit on 9-7-2024 by gortex because: edit to add video

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

We guessed it would happen and now we see it's happening just a few days after the Labour party took power

Not just a few days. This was muted over 2 months ago.

Labour will allow more than 100,000 asylum seekers the chance to seek permission to stay in the UK if the party wins the upcoming general election.

www.thenationalnews.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Maybe so but Labour are the government now and have been so for just 5 days , mooted and happening are two different things.

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Gee they are really doing their bit for net zero by building 1.5million houses..
After Reeves gave the speech on the subject-she was hugged and air kissed by Ed Milliband-our shiny new net zero minister no less!

Goodluck building 1.5million houses without generating a carbon footprint you absolute imbeciles.

Demon tony has been back in the light again-I knew this was going to happen,he thinks hes wanted now-this time he's warning that Labour will have to find a way to steal a mere £50 Billion of new tax by 2029.

So the last ditch asset stripping of everything before agenda 2030 kicks in,by which time Britain will look like a vibrant,bustling 3rd world slum.

Something to look forward to huh?

edit on 9-7-2024 by onestonemonkey because: sp

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 12:20 PM
link   
You guys are screwed.
It's all part of 'their' plan.
New World Order.
Bring down the 'excellence' of certain countries.
Flatten everything out to the lowest level.
Then the elites can run the world without interference.

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

You guys are screwed.

On this we agree.

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 12:30 PM
link   

It's amazing how there is no orientation and transition.. party wins and takes over in 5 days?

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

Yeah , once the final tally is known the winner forms the new government , MPs returned to Westminster today to get the keys to their office and goody bag , but they'll be off on their Summer holidays soon.

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Snouts well and truly in the trough.

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 01:12 PM
link   

www.msn.com...

Rwanda says the agreement had no provision to repay £290,000,000.00.

Nice going, Rishi.

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Where's all the leftie dogoodies now Labour have announced that they will build over more of the greenland? Where's the protesting from the Left about this? They voted em in... where's the condemnation?

And 100k to apply for Asylum? It'll be 200k in a years time...

Prikx!
edit on 9-7-2024 by xWorldxGonexMadx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: xWorldxGonexMadx

I remember Prescott saying "Labour's record on keeping the Green Belt is second to none. And we're going to build on it".

Indeed.
edit on 9-7-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

That's one thing I wouldn't blame Sunak for , the scheme wouldn't have needed a provision to repay if the Left wing conservatives and wholly unelected Lords hadn't torpedoed the scheme at every turn , the migrants who fled to Ireland to avoid Rwanda deportation showed the threat alone was a deterrent and if flights had been allowed to take off by the aforementioned it would have cut the small boats to a trickle.

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
You guys are screwed.
It's all part of 'their' plan.
New World Order.
Bring down the 'excellence' of certain countries.
Flatten everything out to the lowest level.
Then the elites can run the world without interference.

you guys ?

you mean everyone right ? How many new batches of Liberals just got voted-in the UK and France ?

The Left is out in 2024 in America . So perhaps you should look in the mirror. with all due respect
edit on 9-7-2024 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Patrick Christys - 'absolutely NO DETERRENT' as illegal migrants smoke cannabis in detention.
Labour have confirmed asylum seekers will be eligible for the new build homes.

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy that my hard earned tax is buying weed for and providing new houses for our valued guests.

Perhaps they should have my car , I can catch a bus to work.

edit on 9-7-2024 by gortex because: spelling

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Less than a week to show they put the wealth of corporations and shareholders above the British public. Gotta keep wages down and housing prices/rent through the roof. Line must go up every quarter, after all!

In a perfect world this would be their ruin, alas we are not blessed with such fantasy.
edit on 972024 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2024 @ 06:57 PM
link   

France will probably do the same thing or something similar. The US is another game piece that will soon try the same thing as well, as plans start to move forward.

I think Trump will cave just like with the "Ukraine/Israel war funding with nothing for the border" plan. Actually, that funding strengthened NGO's facilitating this massive, forced migration helping force a push to give these criminals citizenship.

It's not about the US, I know, and like you, I'm just watching these NWO checklist items being crossed off in real time! I'm sure Ireland is absolutely dancing in the streets at the prospect of their invading hordes becoming permanent neighbors.

Their plan is simple. Cram it down your throats and if it turns into open rebellion, all the better. That just gives the python more room to squeeze the populace further.

new topics

top topics

join