It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Election Year Weirdness That I Noticed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 03:35 PM
link   
2024 Presidential Election Year Weirdness That I noticed .... I haven't seen ANY Biden or Trump bumper stickers, no Biden or Trump flags on houses, and no yard signs. Four years ago, when Biden and Trump ran the first time, there were tons and tons of bumper stickers and yard signs and flags. But now .... NOTHING. And the big surprise ... I live in Wilmington Delaware and Joe Biden lives about 10 minutes from me on the 'rich' side of town .... yet there is NOTHING here anywhere about him running, no cheerleading stuff, no bumper stickers or anything.

Did someone pass a law that says no one can put out yard signs and flags and stuff until the election is happening or something? Or are people so disgusted with the candidates that they can't get excited about them, not even the one they are voting for? It is eerily quiet.

I'm seeing a crap load of Biden TV commercials though. Nonstop lies and nonsense. Gawd ... can't wait until this is over.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Personally I feel like it’s a mixture of things.

With how polarized things have gotten, I don’t think people want to make themselves targets for vandalism or being treated differently in their neighborhood.

Secondly, I think most people aren’t really thrilled with these two options. So people don’t feel like they have to publicize support they may not feel strongly about.

Thirdly, I don’t think many see this as a contest, writing looks like it’s on the wall barring some crazy Hail Mary.

Lastly, we very well see more signage and stickers once we get closer to the election.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I'm in Texas, I see lots of Trump stuff.

I saw one car with a Biden sticker a couple months ago, they also an antifa sticker, and ACAB sticker as well. And a whole bunch stuff animals, trash, and dirty laundry in the back seat.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Also, a friend sent me this earlier. May or may not be related...

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Come to think of it the main roads I take into town the past few elections always had both candidates signs or flags. Looking back today I went through there no flags or signs I remember?

You're right this is odd. I don't remember any city ordinances about it recently either? Seriously what gives?

ETA: Oh I do remember one for a local sheriff now, but that was the only one.

edit on 1-7-2024 by RobRocket because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 04:31 PM
link   
A Trump sign attracts schreeching crazies onto your property.

A Biden sign is just embarassing at this point.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Maybe it’s the “shock therapy” that was 2019/2020, but it does seem muted somehow on both sides.

Not the natural disdain for politics that accompanies election years, nor the dislike of “the other side”.

Almost feels like a calm before the storm.

*Cue spooky music.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I don't feel the need to advertise my political views anymore than my spiritual ones. All it does is make you a target for idiots who want the whole world to think like them.

edit on 1/1/1908 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Exactly, why make yourself a target no matter which side you are on?

Also, I think people are just tired of all the 'ourside is better, your side is evil' stuff.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 07:21 PM
link   
You won't see any Biden reelection bling in Delaware because neither party will waste money there. Delaware is voting for biden no matter what Trump or biden do. There is no conceivable scenario where Delaware will flip to Trump. biden doesn't need to campaign in his home state and Trump would waste money trying to.
Same reason there is no real Trump campaign in California. He cannot flip the state even though several counties are solid red. Those counties do not have enough votes to make a difference in the statewide totals.

Candidates may visit an already won (or lost) state to bolster votes for tight down-ballot races.

The only real campaigning will be in states where it is possible to win.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 11:08 PM
link   
My mechanic put tiny Trump stickers all over my new struts.

posted on Jul, 2 2024 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: dave5426
You won't see any Biden reelection bling in Delaware because neither party will waste money there.

This is his hometown. Last time, people were excited and there were bumper stickers and signs and flags all over the place. Some Trump ones too. Now ... nothing. Its weird.

posted on Jul, 2 2024 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Here in Rural Michigan, there are lots of Trump flags and signs.

My absolute favorite, is a guy just outside of town, on the south side. You can see his house and barn from the highway.
He has had a HUGE beef with our local government, rightly so, for years.
He had 2 semi trailers, that he use to hang signs from.

Well, that was just until he could save some money apparently. He now has a Huge electric billboard, on the side of his barn.

Mostly it has messages about the corruption here in town.

But sometimes it flashes "Vote Trump or you hate the constitution"

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Kali

Those Biden voters are CRINGE

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Okay ... yesterday afternoon I saw a Biden bumpersticker.

That's a grand total of ONE ... in Wilmington Delaware ... Bidens hometown.

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I'm getting really excited to see Project 25 implemented. Bring us back to a Christian Nation.

new topics

top topics

join