It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't we just make something up. Anythings better than whats going on now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Ok this might be a dumb thing but I'm gonna post it because who knows what ideas we might come up with.

I was thinking like....most people already have a job they do.

What if everything was free and everyone just kept doing their job for free? Housing could be based on length of time in job. Retirees keep the last home they attain. I mean at least this way you're not paying property tax for a property you paid off already every year until you sell the property. Only to pay more property tax again. Unless you rent. Thats worse though.

Do we think more potholes would get filled without a big government bureaucracy behind it?

What is money? Anything that we assign value to is money. We can quibble about fiat currency gold backed currency but gold only has value because we assign it value. Its just shiny metal.

Obviously the central banking system is not designed to work like that and the value of a dollar is based on many numerous factors blah blah blah I dont care about that.

Reality is really whatever we want to make it to be. I mean, if 8 billion people were just like....nah dollar means nothing. Now we use pinto beans. 50 pinto beans for this Sombrero. [Why did my phone auto-capitalize Sombrero?!?!?!]

What would that do if people were just like nope. We all voted and we agree its not dollars anymore or pesos or whatever. Its beans.

Are we just worried about total meltdown from all the people who count their wealth in dollars instead of rhubarb? Is that why we don't do this?

Or we all make up our own currency and just assign it value ourselves. Like I might call my currency doodlebugs and you might have crickets. By my own estimation, I'm a trillionaire. These would just be pieces of paper we all assign our own value to like dollars, but without all the complicated BS.

NOW YOU MIGHT SAY: Easy, the current billionaires just buy all the beans. Not possible. Do they already have beans as their primary currency? They can't BUY anything then. I know with my doodlebucks, I would not exchange them for fiat currency or gold. Only other made up currencies.

Can we starve them out before they starve us out??!?

Drunken ramblings.

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Shoshanna

Drunken ramblings.

Well, at least you're not glass a half-empty drunk!

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I'm not sure what you're going for other than trying to reinvent the wheel.

We use imaginary currency like paper because not everyone wants to trade in beans and rhubarb.

The list of goods and services in this modern world far exceed a simple bartering system.

I'm all for a Mad Max/ Waterworld scenario where clean water and guzzoline are the only goods left to deal in though. I'll vote for that.

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AlroyFarms

Does that mean I am super rich because I know how to clean water very inexpensively? I had rather not deal with gas as it goes bad rather quickly and has a habit of destroying things when mishandled.

The problem with many different currencies is they have to be easily converted or your pockets will fill up very fast. Like company script. Certain money is required for certain transactions but it is useless for all others.

Of a parson, a bank, or even a state makes their own money, no other person, bank, or state is obligated to use it. They all have to agree on what to use or how to exchange it.

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I like you.

You seem to have a really good heart.

A good heart is a refreshing thing these days!

I enjoy your posts.

Keep up the good work!

edit - I don't really have an answer to your question, but I am enjoying reading 'some' of the answers from others. Maybe I'll come up with an answer later (after I take my 'sour puss' hat off). You really are a ray of sunshine.

edit on 6/29/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Yah communism!Let's dream about a Marxist utopia!
When do we start killing our own citizens?

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 05:20 AM
link   

I vote we use Tulip bulbs as currency. No wait, even better. We make up a digital money and assign a random value to it and then we can pretend it's wealth. And we can keep it in a pretend wallet. And (here's the good part) we get as many useful idiots to buy into it as we can.

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 05:38 AM
link   

communism sounds like a great idea, and in theory, it is. But in practice, the greed factor comes in, and they you have the control factor. Once those two enter the equation, you get the USSR.

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: billxam1

I vote we use Tulip bulbs as currency. No wait, even better. We make up a digital money and assign a random value to it and then we can pretend it's wealth. And we can keep it in a pretend wallet. And (here's the good part) we get as many useful idiots to buy into it as we can.

Sounds like crypto hehehehe

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

communism sounds like a great idea, and in theory, it is. But in practice, the greed factor comes in, and they you have the control factor. Once those two enter the equation, you get the USSR.

Yes as slipknot says people=sh1t. Thats why we gotta bring back Hammurabi's code. Where we started going south was when we took all the teeth out of the justice system. Public hangings etc. Stoning, Bring it all back.
edit on 30-6-2024 by Shoshanna because: can't spell

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

If we all agreed amongst ourselves and just cut all the current billionaires out i mean. They have power and control because of their family lineages yes but its allllllllll based on wealth. If we change the definition of weath, what are they gonna do cry about it?

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 06:02 AM
link   
So the same as we got but virtual.

Beauty.

a reply to: billxam1

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Of course...you realize with your post that you answer your own query...?

Everything is already..."just made up"...

Without outright stating it...within the context of your commentary is the illustration that..."All the worlds a stage"...
That we live in...not specifically a hologrammatic...rendered universe...but rather an illusion...a parody that we accept as reality...because we find comfort in the flow of it's design...and wading against that flow breaks our somnambulism...and causes strife...and pain...

Your actually a very astute individual...there is real depth hidden within your observations...

Your questioning...and also answering the questions you pose...and your posts always give me a respite in which to think about the issues and answers...and the reasons for the questions...

I enjoy your mind...never let detractors keep you from your resolve to know...to understand...and to use such as an underpinning for your next foray...your next step along your way...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 09:22 AM
link   
We could never invent a currency or method of exchange that has real value in such a world as we find ourselves in. The best one might be able to do is an "in kind" exchange where the product or service is identical, but then nothing would change hands in such an economy.

When our existence is outside of our control in a world we had nothing to do with creating, all we own is ourselves. I can't have something from the world that is truly mine. To paraphrase Obama, "You didn't make that", so even if you spent years prospecting for hard currency like gold or other PMs and then refined it into ounces and pounds of the standard purity for exchange, you don't own it. That gold you worked so hard for was stolen from the Earth where it will return, just like you will one day.

On a side note, I like the idea of salt as a form of currency. It was the standard for ages.
edit on 6/30/2024 by TheMichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Aww you guys are so nice to me hehe I really like this site and the people on it. Good forums are hard to find! With normal people I mean

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shoshanna

What is money? Anything that we assign value to is money. We can quibble about fiat currency gold backed currency but gold only has value because we assign it value. Its just shiny metal.

Obviously the central banking system is not designed to work like that and the value of a dollar is based on many numerous factors blah blah blah I dont care about that.

Reality is really whatever we want to make it to be. I mean, if 8 billion people were just like....nah dollar means nothing. Now we use pinto beans. 50 pinto beans for this Sombrero. [Why did my phone auto-capitalize Sombrero?!?!?!]

Maybe auto-correct thinks sombrero is someone's name?

But there is a "real money". A universally accepted medium of exchange that we all agree on, even if we don't recognize it. Energy is the real currency. If you had unlimited energy, the possibilities are unlimited.

You are wrong about gold being just a shiny metal. Gold, like nearly every other element, has many unique properties that make it invaluable in certain applications. That would be true if gold was as rare as iridium or as plentiful as desert sand. What makes gold valuable to us is the energy required to obtain it.

200 years ago, aluminum was considered more valuable than gold. The capstone of the Washington Monument was made of aluminum. It wasn't that aluminum was hard to find, it's one of the most abundant elements on Earth. The problem was that before we had a handle on electricity, aluminum was hard to separate from its chemical compounds. It wasn't cost effective, energy-wise. Now that we can easily extract it, aluminum and its alloys are everywhere.

If you ignore fiat currencies, you'll find that all mediums of exchange require energy to produce. That's where they derive their inherent value. Fiat currencies are designed to be a mechanism for a country to control the energy of its labor force. Fiat (meaning: by decree) money doesn't add energy to the current supply, it extracts energy. Which is why all fiat currencies eventually fail. Governments will use any means necessary to prevent their subjects from using real money as an exchange medium, because governments cannot control real money.

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Wow what a thoughtful comment I appreciate that. You went much higher level than I was thinking about hehe of course you're right energy is the ultimate currency.

If governments weren't so full of megalomaniacs like mainly just had people who really just wanted to help their communities, something might be different though.

I did not know that about aluminum that is cool! Thanks for dropping some knowledge on me awesome!

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 10:26 AM
link   
All the writers, artists and musicians have already figured it out.

You don't "work" a piano, you "play" a piano.

Life is all about play. If you frame it as work, you end up cheating yourself.

12 years of "I gotta make good grades" so I can go to a good college.

4 more years of good grades "so I can get that diploma."

You finally got the job and now it's 30 years of grinding the corporate ladder.

Then sometime between the ages of 45 and 60 you realize, "I've finally made it, I'm there!"

But you don't feel any different than you did from at the start, except you have less energy for the things you like to do.

Alot of midlife crisis' are people realizing too late that they could've been playing the whole time.

The artists, writers and musicians have it figured out.

For everyone else, it's the old 9 to 5.

new topics

top topics

join