It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martin Mull dead at 80.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Don't know about you guys but I'm getting tired of these ICONS of my childhood dying. Martin was in a bunch of stuff notably to me Clue, Sabrina the teenage witch and Roseanne.

abcnews.go.com...

So im gonna pose the question I know it's silly but what celebrity deaths hit you hardest so far?

For me its gotta be THE WARLOCK Julian Sands and Coolio.

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Shoshanna

well, he was 80. But he was a great actor, and his delivery was epic. Rest in peace sir.

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 07:01 AM
link   
It's the tragic deaths that stick with me. Robin Williams and Steve Irwin still hurt to this day.

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Hakaiju

I know what you mean. Ashley Babbitt still haunts me to this very day.

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Sean Connery the Original 007.

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Hakaiju

Oh gosh I forgot about damn Steve Irwin at least he went out doing what he loved still way too soon.

Robin Williams is so sad. Dementia especially that lewy body dementia like he had is straight from Satan! Now Bruce Willis apparently has some type of dementia too what the hell.
edit on 29-6-2024 by Shoshanna because: can't spell

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluesman023
Sean Connery the Original 007.

The Rock is one of my favorite movies. He is the only Bond to me whats your favorite one? Mines you only live twice

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shoshanna
what celebrity deaths hit you hardest so far?

Recently, Dick Butkus last October. A couple of weeks ago, Willie Mays.

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 04:31 PM
link   
*sighs* guess its offical I am old when all my favorites from childhood start to drop.

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Martin was on 2 and a half men for a few episode...Funny guy!!! RIP.......

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The fact more of them don’t die earlier.

I feel the same way about politicians.

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I first appreciated Mull as Garth Gimble on Mary Hartman Mary Hartman. In that series he died having been impaled on a metal Xmas tree. I was sad to see him die off.

However, he came back a season later as the twin brother Barth Gimble who hosted a local access late night talk show called Fernwood Tonight. That program also introduced me to Fred Willard who went on to be a steady member of the Christopher Guest mockumentary movies. Fernwood Tonight also introduced the world to a fair number of other sublime comedic actors that went on to long careers playing comic relief in major pictures.

For me, Mull's talent was short changed by the limited scope that major entertainment venues had to offer him at the time. I guess he might have just been to far ahead of the times when it came to sardonic wit.

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 11:13 AM
link   

When Clint Eastwood goes, its the end of the american tough guy male psyche. And Bob Newhart is the last representative of the normal guy who can live calmly in a world of crazy and not have it affect him in the least. I so admire that.
Carol Burnett. Funny and able to briing a smaile to everyone she's near. That too is a rare gift.

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Martin was a character you could never forget. He was excellent on Mary Hartman.

The older you get, the more you see those you like pass away. I guess it is like that for everyone.

GodSpeed Martin Mull.

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

I have read so many good things about the Mary Hartman Mary Hartman show it sounds so funny but I haven't seen it luckily my library has it on DVD so I am picking it up next time I go can't wait to check out young Mr. Mull!

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Owlwatcher

That Carol Burnett got me through some rough times as a kid. An absolute light bulb. I love her!

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Sad to hear he died, I’ve always been a fan ever since he did the movie FM. He’s an interesting artist too, saw some of his stuff going for 8k a painting a few years ago, probably doubled with his passing. 😢

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 10:59 PM
link   

It was oooooout there. So much that I am afraid to watch it now for fear I will find it just stupid. Like so many other things from the past. It was what I considered ''cutting edge'' of sitcom at the time. Where as other Norman Lear comedies were socially ''cutting edge'' like ''All in the Family'' were socially liberal, Mary Hartman was, how can I say it,, quirky.. comedy

Mary Hartman and Fernwood Tonight were where I hoped TV comedies would go in the future but it didn't happen. I don't remember a laugh track to tell the audience when and what to laugh at, you know?

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

I'll let you know if it holds up after the years im picking it up today! A lot of the reviews i read said its a hidden gem or cult show so I think its gonna be good.

I feel like if a comedy show needs a laugh track, they're doing it wrong. I know a lot of big sitcoms use laugh tracks but it shouldn't be necessary if the shows actually funny.

new topics

top topics

join