It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCLUSIVE UFO shaped like a cylinder is spotted gliding over Montana's Big Sky Country

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Source June 21 2024: EXCLUSIVE UFO shaped like a cylinder is spotted gliding over Montana's Big Sky Country - and experts say 'it is a true mystery'

A bright, glowing UFO, a classic 'cigar'-shape reported by witnesses for decades, has now been caught on military-grade night vision video. The unknown, seemingly slow and silently moving object, 'looked like a blur with [the] naked eye,' according to the Montana local who spotted it this June. The blur only took on a more defined shape with the aid of the witness's night vision camera, made by military contractor SiOnyx which also makes consumer models.

Sionyx ... AURORA NIGHT VISION CAMERAS

Compelling video at the source link.……my initials thoughts went straight to a cylindrical illuminated balloon….but that’s just a thought…only because it appears to move at a slow balloon speed (whatever that is)……imo

If anyone can find a YouTube equivalent of the Daily Mails posted video…….kindly post in this thread 🍻

On weekend mornings….I watch an early morning science show where DIY science experiments are done…..well on a particular episode….the host laid out a bunch of long cylindrical “solar balloons”. So these solar balloons become buoyant by the heat of the sun.

Solar balloon

Perhaps long cylindrical balloons such as these are what some people see as UFO’s…if let loose to rise in the air.

The Host didn’t cut the balloons free to rise up into the air……his purpose was “art” in having them all together rising from the ground but anchored….

I don’t know if after inflation….that they maintain the air within to float even at a night….since it’s the suns heat that makes them buoyant. Otherwise they could account for daytime sightings…….imo.

👽☕️🍩
edit on 24-6-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I agree that it could be a balloon, or maybe the sun, over the horizon, reflecting off the fuselage of an airplane. There is an airport close by. I wonder if it was caught on radar.

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I saw a silver colored cigar shaped ufo in the 90s. I was outside all day in those days reading (off from school etc) and was obsessed about ufos already then. I was reading some ufo book and thought to myself 'why don't I ever see a ufo?'
A second later I happend to look up and see in the distance slowly flying over in my direction a cigar shape. It flew right over my head (maybe 500 meter above me) and had no features at all.
I don't remember how it dissapeared as it's a long time ago. But it has stayed with me since.

This was in the Netherlands btw. Underneath the blooming cherry blossom. I miss those days and places

edit on 24-6-2024 by ScarletDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 10:57 AM
link   
It looks like a starlink sky train video taken with a potato cam.

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

"Solar balloons" are one possible answer.

Another might be "air beams". Air beams are inflatable tunes which are used to support temporary, often emergency-use structures like military or disaster-relief field hospitals and /or housing and command centers.

Though not optimized for solar heating, the air used to inflate such beams, making them rigid, thus structurally supportive, can cause the beam to act like a hot air balloon, and, if not securely anchored, fly off into the sky...like a balloon.

I remember, vaguely, a similar sighting causing a stir on ATS that occurred over the Los Angeles, California area many years (decades?!) ago.

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hakaiju
I agree that it could be a balloon, or maybe the sun, over the horizon, reflecting off the fuselage of an airplane. There is an airport close by. I wonder if it was caught on radar.

The video was taken at about 2:50 AM on June 5. Sunrise at Bozeman on that day was 5:36 AM. That means the Sun was more than 40 degrees below the horizon when the object appeared. That means that the object could not have been illuminated by reflected sunlight. That means the object was self-luminous. That eliminates StarLink satellites or satellites of any kind, actually. Also eliminates upper stages of rockets venting unburned fuel.

Furthermore, the surface brightness seems to be pretty uniform and quite bright. I would say that eliminates point light sources inside transparent balloons (Chinese lanterns, etc.).

The report says that the object disappeared behind a mountain ridge in the background that was visible from the airport road at Bozeman-Yellowstone airport. If you look on Google maps, they are probably referring to the ridge that includes Mt. Baldy and Saddle Peak, about 10 miles away. So it was at least 10 miles away if it was as high as the mountain tops (around 9,000 ft). But we don't know what altitude it was at, so if it was at typical airliner altitudes (30,000 + ft) it would have been 50 to 60 miles away. It had to have been putting out a lot of optical power.

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ScarletDarkness
i saw a cigar shaped object, pitch black, hovering a few hundred meters from our house in Germany (13km away from Cologne, a cat's jump to the Netherlands), in the 1980´s. Together with my mom, from our backyard. It was silently hovering there and it was still there when i left the house for swimming after 45 minutes of looking at it. I got my binoculars out of my room and the two of us, my mother and i, watched the thing for quite a while.

Then i remember that i told my mom that it is possibly one of those solar balloons which came with a magazine called YPS mit Gimmick and we both lost interest, i even had one of these balloons myself. At that time i was 8 or 9 years old and UFOs were something that only came out of Sci-Fi movies for me. Never thought about UFOs while observing that thing. And didn´t notice some things i noticed years later when reading about cigar shaped UFOs, watching pics of some etc.

That thing didn´t move at all, not even a millimeter, while it stood completely motionless between 200m-500m up in the air, which such a balloon had never done because they only weighed a few grams and at this altitude there are definitely winds, even on a beautiful summer day with a completely blue sky like this one back then. Next thing i later noticed that there was the YPS sign missing on that thing that all these balloons had printed on them on two sides in a bright yellow. And i noticed that the spot where this thing hovered might be a place of interest for possible visitors from wherever. There is a forest with an adjacent Autobahn, a huge mining complex in this forest with those enormous bucket wheel excavators to mine quartz sand and a bit further away coal.

As I write this, I realize that I do my wilderness camping/stealth camping/bushcraft trips since a few years in the very part of the forest that this thing was hovering over, between the highway and the silica sand mining area. Probably the next few days will be my first trip this year and maybe i have to watch the skies a bit more instead of sleeping at night.

Or better not, i bet i would sh!t my pants seeing something else than nature and wildlife while being alone in a deep, dark forest in the middle of a night xD

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter2

Try taking some trail cams with an IR feature ….and point one of them upward to the sky….jus a thought.

👽

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I was alone when I saw it and my mom off course didn't believe me
I was not scared at all, I was mesmerized

I would love to see another one like it, but have only seen more vague sightings since.
Another good one was , not that long ago, I saw two small orange orbs in the sky. And when I noticed them they flew up a bit into different directions and dissapeared behind some trees.

Now it's time to meet some aliens up close

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 08:02 PM
link   
S&f

Hate these lights at night videos.

Think that’s too high to be one of those balloons on your op, but probably terrestrial craft - no fast movement or direction changes.

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 08:12 PM
link   

This doesn't look like it can be a balloon to me. Cylindrical balloons can't hold a horizontal (parallel to the ground position like this does).
But this object always stays horizontal. and moves in one direction while remaining horizontal and looks "guided".

edit on 24-6-2024 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (rephrased it all.)

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I guess if one hoax it….after some experimentation……..you can achieve horizontal flight with tied or attached ballast bags…or equivalent…possibly at intervals along the length from end to end.

Jus sayin

👽🍺

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1

I guess if one hoax it….after some experimentation……..you can achieve horizontal flight with tied or attached ballast bags…or equivalent…possibly at intervals along the length from end to end.

Jus sayin

👽🍺

Ah, but what are the odds this glowing cylinder being some cleverly devised balloon? (I suppose the odds could be very good :lol

Is it lighted or is that an effect of the scope), plus it is moving in one direction as if it has a destination. Blimps and dirigibles have the ability you describe, but I have never heard of a pure "cylinder" type balloon that looks or acts like what is in this video.

Just need a lot more data about this. (It does give the appearance of being something much better than a balloon).
edit on 24-6-2024 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: edit

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Hmmmm….take something cylindrical like this below…..put in some internal illumination….use very dark, almost black colored tail fins…a viola! Record a vid at some distance at night so no other features are seen other than the overall illuminated cylindrical shape?

I think it’s doable…imo

👽🤔😉

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Ok, you got me with this.
It is possible.

But the real question is, was this what we are all seeing in the video? It could be, but the way it moves doesn't leave me with that impression.

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Oh my god. I wanted to believe.
Reddit r/UFOs

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 09:27 AM
link   
originally posted by: [post=27411668]DerBeobachter2

See below

edit on 25-6-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Ooops, I think you meant to post this in the other UFO thread.

Maybe the MODS can move it and the reply?

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 10:08 AM
link   

It certainly is possible, but now you're talking about a significant investment of time and money and for what? Best I can tell it's not a very populated area, especially when you get out of town. And done at like 3AM, how many people are expected to see it? Even if the cameraman is in on it, it's not like these kind of so-so clips get all that much attention. Just something to consider.

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hakaiju

Ooops, I think you meant to post this in the other UFO thread.

Maybe the MODS can move it and the reply?

Yep, my fault, was in a hurry!

top topics

join