It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian soldiers killing comrades amid army's rising internal crimes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2024 @ 10:54 AM
link   
It appears like the Russian military are suffering crimes being commited by it's troops on a large scale from the recent numbers obtained, including a high number of murders. This, including all the desertion and 'friendly fire'/bombings can't be good for morale amongst it's regiments.

The Russian forces have been having issues with the quality of their equipment for many months and coordination issues related to identifying friends or foes which have lead to many accidental friendly fire inccidents too.

dailywrap.uk...

Russian soldiers are committing numerous crimes, and their victims include not only Ukrainian civilians and soldiers but also their own comrades. An analysis by "Novaya Gazeta" journalists indicates that crimes occur on average every 2-3 days.

Journalists from "Novaya Gazeta" examined verdicts handed down in garrison courts. The impartiality and operation of Russian courts raise justified doubts, especially under wartime conditions. Despite reservations about the reliability of Russian investigators' actions and whether the guilty were actually punished, the fact remains that many crimes occur within the Russian army, in which soldiers are killed by their colleagues.

From January to October 2023, journalists found that 135 cases of murders committed in regions occupied by Russian soldiers were settled in courts. "It turns out that the Kremlin's army kills its soldiers every two to three days — due to mistakes or negligence," reports Onet. Importantly, these data are incomplete, missing information from garrison courts in Kherson and Zaporizhzhia.

edit on 23-6-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2024 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The morale in some regiments must be at rock bottom and I can see this kind of dissertation becoming common place.
www.express.co.uk...

Multiple sources estimate that Russia is losing over 1,000 soldiers a day as Moscow's troops continue their offensive.

"You go back to how wars end. One way is a decisive military victory... the chances of that are pretty low. The second is the indecisiveness of military victory which leads to some sort of negotiation. That isn't on the cards.

"It isn't likely at the moment, but with 1,200 casualties a day on the Russian side and only marginal gains, you could get to a point where the Russian military walk off the battlefield.

posted on Jun, 23 2024 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
It appears like the Russian military are suffering crimes being commited by it's troops on a large scale from the recent numbers obtained, including a high number of murders. This, including all the desertion and 'friendly fire'/bombings can't be good for morale amongst it's regiments.

The Russian forces have been having issues with the quality of their equipment for many months and coordination issues related to identifying friends or foes which have lead to many accidently friendly fire inccidents too.

dailywrap.uk...

Russian soldiers are committing numerous crimes, and their victims include not only Ukrainian civilians and soldiers but also their own comrades. An analysis by "Novaya Gazeta" journalists indicates that crimes occur on average every 2-3 days.

Journalists from "Novaya Gazeta" examined verdicts handed down in garrison courts. The impartiality and operation of Russian courts raise justified doubts, especially under wartime conditions. Despite reservations about the reliability of Russian investigators' actions and whether the guilty were actually punished, the fact remains that many crimes occur within the Russian army, in which soldiers are killed by their colleagues.

From January to October 2023, journalists found that 135 cases of murders committed in regions occupied by Russian soldiers were settled in courts. "It turns out that the Kremlin's army kills its soldiers every two to three days — due to mistakes or negligence," reports Onet. Importantly, these data are incomplete, missing information from garrison courts in Kherson and Zaporizhzhia.

Seems to be a common problem in armies where 1) the army consists largely of draftees (instead of volunteers) and 2) the army is fighting on the wrong side of history (i.e., invading a country that wants self-determination).

The US in Vietnam comes to mind.

posted on Jun, 23 2024 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

I can sort of see the comparison to Vietnam, but from some of the articles I'm reading, the desertion from the battlefield is a bit shocking, running after deployment seems to show some really low morale.
I don't blame the Russian forces that are being forced into deploying to Ukraine, after all if the crime rate is as high as the article suggests, how would you trust the solider fighting next to you?

posted on Jun, 23 2024 @ 12:32 PM
link   
This is exactly what you get when the troops behind the front lines are tasked with shooting deserters who run from the front lines.
Many armies throughout history have these units so it’s nothing new.
This has been the Russian way, forever.
Orcs are going to orc.

posted on Jun, 23 2024 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The friendly fire incidences must go up greatly when both sides use the same design equipment. They mostly look the same.

posted on Jun, 23 2024 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeyondKnowledge3
The friendly fire incidences must go up greatly when both sides use the same design equipment. They mostly look the same.

They may appear to be in the same or similar equipment but Europe and American have supplied a lot of modern equipment compared to the Russian standard stuff, and after reading these reports, the Russians will be the ones fighting or bombing each other.

posted on Jun, 23 2024 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

originally posted by: BeyondKnowledge3

They may appear to be in the same or similar equipment but Europe and American have supplied a lot of modern equipment compared to the Russian standard stuff, and after reading these reports, the Russians will be the ones fighting or bombing each other.

It doesn't matter what is used now. When the Russians attacked they saw the same equipment as there's defending. Even though there is more modern equipment now, there is still Soviet designed equipment on both sides. That just leads to more fog of war.

posted on Jun, 23 2024 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I have a hard time believing anything that comes from especially the UK and it´s propaganda media. They tell us since 2022 that the russians are out of ammo, out of soldiers, that the ukraine is always on the brink of winning that conflict, that the moral of the russian soldiers is on a never before seen low and so on and on. Nothing of that happened yet.

And then you hear these voices:

Russia facing an ugly victory: US political scientist John Mearsheimer does not predict a good end to the war in Ukraine - and he is not alone in this. Comment.

"We are losing territories, we are losing the best people. If no conclusions are drawn, if the mistakes are not dealt with, we will lose this war for good" - it sounds a bit like panic and could just be a deliberately hysterical tone. Or perhaps it is simply a very realistic assessment of the war situation.

Either way, the comments made by Ukrainian military officer Dmitry Kucharchuk are "currently going viral", according to the Berliner Zeitung in its latest report on the internal views of the Ukrainian army's battalion commander.
(...)
Mearsheimer is considered "controversial". And unlike many of his US colleagues, he is not being courted by the Western media - on the contrary: John Mearsheimer, who two years ago, a few months after the start of the war in Ukraine, could still be found in Berlin in inner political circles, such as the more liberal wing of the CDU, is now being cut in Europe.
Link (German)

So, who should we believe now?

I have the strong feeling that neither side in this conflict, led by WEF agents and controlled by whoeve else, wants to win or lose but wants to keep playing this game until the profiteers of this conflict can no longer squeeze any cent out of said conflict. And it´s not the young soldiers (sent to their deaths by both sides like pawns on a chessboard) who profit from that conflict, it´s greedy beings like WEF-Selenskyi and WEF-Putin, "politicians" (from western nations who have nothing to do with that conflict) and their agenda who want to escalate rather than de-escalate and want the ukraine to fight until their last soldier was turned through the meat grinder. It´s the MIC of course, it´s shareholders but not the average ukrainian or russian people.

I want that conflict to end, no matter who "wins" (all sides in this conflict suck to an extreme, if one of two bad guys wins why should i care?), because then that conflict can´t be used by "politicians" western-world-wide to excuse what they do to their own nations and people. They are all like: High and steadily rising prices for everything - Always and only Putins fault! Never the fault of bad (in the best case the politicians are just idiots) politics, corruption (the real state of affairs), never the fault of having to be the dachshund on a leash for the USA and it´s "world police politics", never the fault of obvious redistribution from the bottom to the top especially since 2020.

Nah, for western corrupt beings everything is always only Putins fault and i bet the other way around is exactly the same, everything that´s bad in russia will be excused there with: It´s always and only the fault of the USA, the NATO, the EU but never the fault of greedy "leaders" which live in extreme wealth (compared to their average citizens which are send to die in such conflicts) and the agendas they are pushing to squeeze the last drop out of the average peasant-lemons.

All sides control their propaganda MSM, all sides are obviously lying until the beams bend, apparently in order not to let this conflict end so quickly because one probably still makes good money with it on all sides involved. F*CK all of them, no matter if USA, UK, Russia, the Ukraine, the EU, the NATO, Germany, the MSM propaganda spouts and everybody else who is involved in that sh!tty game to squeeze us peasants aka average citizens to the last drop.

And also eff those who think they have to choose a side in such conflicts even though they are not involved at all and have to chew on the cheap propaganda of the chosen side from the comfort of their sofa thousands of kilometers away and spread it among the people. I personally prefer to pillory all sides and rub their own sh!t in their faces simply because if there were no sh!t nobody could rub it in their faces. So if there is any sh!t to rub the involved parties are not innocent and should be pilloried, even if it is "my side". Evil must be called out evil.

There is no good side in this evil "elitist" chess game to milk the average people on all sides and on the cost of the lives of young people aka soldiers!

edit on 23-6-2024 by DerBeobachter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2024 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter2

I have the strong feeling that neither side in this conflict

Until recently, I would've agreed that neither side seem to be moving forward, but Ukraine is getting far newer weapons and equipment now, whilst Russia is having to run to places like Iran and North Korea for equipment which isn't that great. What does that tell you?

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage
That tells me the same "my" propaganda MSM tries to tell me so i have problems with believing any of that sh!t, no matter from which side it´s coming. In my eyes the ukraine only ever receives the bare minimum of weapons from the oh-so-generous west (which it always presents itself as) so that this evil game can go on and on until the last ukrainian, but never enough to really hurt the russians.

While russia seems to have been acting with the handbrake on from the very beginning. Nobody can tell me that russia couldn't have taken the ukraine, at least the eastern parts, in a few weeks with far more soldiers and material than the ukraine if this conflict had gone like other "normal" conflicts where one or both of the parties involved actually want to win something. It is the sheer, unused superiority in manpower and war material on the part of the russians that seems very strange for me.

And of course the propaganda has to pretend that there is movement on the front. Here in the west, therefore, every ukrainian land gain of 200m to "liberate" an empty village that once housed 5 souls is frenetically cheered. The fact that a few hours later things look different again (maybe when the russians woke up from their vodka delirium) is then deliberately concealed. That's just how propaganda works and I bet it's exactly the same game with the russians, only with different enemy images of course. Absolutely not trustworthy, no matter from which side it is coming.

Somehow it's almost understandable, both sides have to somehow get their populations behind them so that there are more peasants who allow themselves to be mutilated and massacred on the battlefield so that the "bigwigs" of the WEF, like Selenskyi and Putin, and especially their string-pullers behind the curtain can continue to amass wealth.

How many "game changers" has the west sent to the ukraine, how much changed it the game? How much tax payers money has the west sent to the ukraine, how much changed it the game? The only thing that has changed so far is the wealth that is less and less at the bottom because it is being shoveled upwards with the help of various "crises", on all sides.

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter2

While russia seems to have been acting with the handbrake on from the very beginning. Nobody can tell me that russia couldn't have taken the ukraine, at least the eastern parts, in a few weeks

Again whilst I agree with you that all sides in this use propaganda, and neither side is squicky clean. Russia has always used lies and exaggeration about it forces. Russian propaganda as early as the 50s had helped push the belief in American that Russia was way ahead of American in Nuclear strike capability, and it wasn't till later into the 60s that Eisenhower learned that the missile gap did not exist. Moreover, if a gap had existed, it would have been in favour of the United States.
So is the handbrake on? Or is Russia really being pushed to win in Ukraine, hence the weekly threatening of Nuclear war.. Putin boasted that his special operation would be over in days, it's now nearly 3 years in, with nearly 500,000 possibly wounded or dead.

new topics

top topics

join