It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is China Targeting Vladivostok?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 08:57 AM
link   
ipdefenseforum.com...
Putin is claiming his invasion of Ukraine is historically justified.
some critics in Beijing are claiming that by this standard, they should get Vladivostok back.

I didn't realize this til just now; Vladivostok, port city on the Pacific and part of Russia, was originally part of China, forced to cede back around 1860.

Putin’s selective comments riled social media users in the PRC, with some circumventing Chinese Communist Party (CCP) censors to express disdain at his hypocrisy, Newsweek magazine reported. “According to history, Russia should return us Vladivostok and vast territory stolen 100-something years ago,” one user posted.

Such ownership claims are not restricted to social media. In August 2023, the PRC’s natural resources ministry published a map that, among other unilateral and arbitrary demarcations, showed Bolshoy Ussuriysky Island on the Russian-Sino border as Chinese territory.

as Russia's military weakens from its struggles in Ukraine, might Beijing move in the back door?
I hear a lot of people say China plays long game. Maybe they are waiting for Putin to die or be replaced to make their move.

if this happens I doubt anyone in the world will help Russia with this.
edit on 10.20.23 by Coelacanth55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Coelacanth55

Gets popcorn ready for the tug-of-war for Kim.

Hahahaha.

Irony. It’s a thing.

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: SteamyAmerican

So is Karma....

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Not to mention parts of Manchuria, Sakhalin island, and Kaliningrad.

All obtained around the time of WWII.

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Not to mention parts of Manchuria, Sakhalin island, and Kaliningrad.

All obtained around the time of WWII.

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 09:46 AM
link   

edit on nd30202400000030bSat, 22 Jun 2024 10:01:57 -05002024000000x by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Probably , It seems China are already taking back what was taken from them in the Far East of Russia , the Russian border region of Primorsky Krai seems to going back to the Chinese with the rest of Russian Manchuria also being eyed by them.

Primorsky Krai is located northeast of North Korea and shares a border with China. The port city of Vladivostok is on its southern coast.
Recently, droves of Chinese farmers have been showing up in the region looking for arable land, engaging in large-scale mechanized agriculture, and harvesting soybeans and other crops to export to China.

Initially, local authorities were accepting of these migrants, who descended like a miracle cure for the region's depopulation and labor shortage problems. Now, however, a sense of crisis is building as Russians fear a new status quo: Chinese control of agricultural land.

Authorities are increasingly having to deal with Russian farmers fuming over the presence of their Chinese competitors.
asia.nikkei.com...

What's sauce for the Goose is sauce for the Gander.

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

So is Karma....

This thread is about Russia and China.

Not the US or the UK.

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Somewhat relevant , and amusing.

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I know. Do you not know what Karma is?

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Sigh.

Yeah I have a good idea. Hence my take.

I’m interested how this will play out.

Putin doesn’t strike me as wanting to acquiesce, nor give up valuable Russian soil., however he may have to if he wants the W in Ukraine and he’s on the take from Xi.

I’m curious to see how China pushes the issue and if it falls before or after Taiwan, Africa, and the South China Sea.

Furthermore how it would affect US response from Alaska. If any official word would be given if/when a transferral occurs.

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I’m curious to see how China pushes the issue and if it falls before or after Taiwan, Africa, and the South China Sea.

In my opinion If the political will remains I think Ukraine will win this conflict , maybe not militarily although I wouldn't rule that out but because of internal politics within the Kremlin as the Economy is further hit by Putin's mistake , China is helping Russia because it shows them the level of residence they may face should they go after Taiwan plus they want to pick up what they consider theirs from the resulting instability within Russia.

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I think Putin's position in the Kremlin is pretty much unassailable.

Putin is China's bitch though.

They have him where they want him and I suspect his fate is in Xi's hands.

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I think Putin's position in the Kremlin is pretty much unassailable.

Prigozhin warned of the factions within the Kremlin this time last year I don't think Putin is immune to that.

Russian mercenary leader Yevgeny Prigozhin said on Saturday that Kremlin factions were destroying the state by trying to sow discord between him and Chechen fighters.
That row had now been settled but infighting in the Kremlin had opened a Pandora's Box of rifts, he said.
www.reuters.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Interesting. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

join