It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, but the LORD ponders the hearts.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2024 @ 11:53 PM
link   
All the ways of a man are clean and right in his own eyes. Yet that does not excuse his faults in God's eyes. God understands your thoughts, motives, and the desires of your heart much better than you do. So much the more reason is there for anxious self-examination and testing the conduct by God's word, and, when this has been done to the best of our ability, still to pray for cleansing from faults that have escaped our notice. For God shall bring every work into judgement, with every secret thing, whether it be good or evil.

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it? "I the LORD search the heart and test the mind, to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds." (Jeremiah 17:9-10 ESV)

Today, if you hear His voice, do not harden your heart in rebellion. Whoever conceals his sins will not prosper, but he who confesses and forsakes them will obtain mercy and forgiveness. If you repent and believe in the gospel, putting your faith in Jesus Christ, you will inherit salvation, which leads to everlasting life. With this salvation comes a necessary spiritual rebirth; God will give you a new heart and His Holy Spirit, which will give you wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, put His Laws on your heart and mind, guide you into all the truth, help you, and comfort you. By the blood of Jesus, sanctifying you and cleansing you of all unrighteousness—conforming you to His image.

Psalm 51: Word For Word (Lyric Video) • ESV Scripture Song

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGoodNews

Lovely. Thank you!

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 05:16 AM
link   

A lot of people miss the whole repenting part. My ex has a cousin whose sister was beaten severely by her husband. When she got out of the hospital of course hubby in jail the cousin told her sister that Jesus had already forgiven her husband and she should too. I said ya but did he repent for that?? She told me he doesn't need to repent because Jesus forgives ALL! And wow these are dyed in the wool "Christians" who go to church 2x a week.

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Dyed in the wool 😂

Lovely and apt turn of phrase

a reply to: Shoshanna

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 08:03 AM
link   
"Do you see a man who is wise in his own eyes?
There is more hope for a fool than for him."
Proverbs ch26 v12

I think I recognise your title as another Proverbs quotation.
edit on 8-6-2024 by DISRAELI2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 11:17 AM
link   

That's why we leave all judgment to the lord, unless we wanted to spoil our hearts with judging his creation...

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I honestly believe...the LORD "ponders" nothing. He doesn't need too. Correct? Quite silly....

God Bless you thou🙏

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
The title is quoting Proverbs ch21 v2 in the AV, so this is really a translation issue.

The RSV says "weighs". We can all agree that the Lord knows the hearts of men, so "ponders" is reasonable if we take it as "knowing in depth" rather than "thoughtful questioning to gain knowledge".

edit on 8-6-2024 by DISRAELI2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2024 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

I honestly believe...the LORD "ponders" nothing. He doesn't need too. Correct? Quite silly....

God Bless you thou🙏

Aren’t you putting limits on God? I mean, if he wants to ponder, I’m sure he can wether he has to or not.

posted on Jun, 9 2024 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI2

Agreed. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 9 2024 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI2

Again. God...ponders nothing when God is already EVERYTHING.

Ponder that this Sunday!!!!!👍😎🙏

posted on Jun, 9 2024 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Topcraft

Of course! 👍🙏

posted on Jul, 2 2024 @ 04:31 PM
link   
What a lovely thought.

Thank you for sharing.

On a side note, he'll have a blast searching my heart and testing my mind.

Unless I'm wrong. Oh well, we'll see won't we?

When Time will tell.

new topics

top topics

join