It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico elects Claudia Sheinbaum as its first female president

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2024 @ 10:24 AM
link   

MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexico’s projected presidential winner Claudia Sheinbaum will become the first female president in the country’s 200-year history.

Sheinbaum, the favored successor of outgoing President Andrés Manuel López Obrador, vowed to continue on the direction set by the populist leftist leader. But the cool-tempered scientist offers a sharp contrast in style — and a break with Mexico’s male-dominated political culture.

“I promise that I am not going to let you down,” Sheinbaum said, greeting supports in Mexico City’s colonial-era main plaza, the Zocalo.

Mexico elects Claudia Sheinbaum as its first female president

Mexico did it!! They elected a Woman President before The U.S. does!!

Claudia Sheinbaum is a staunch Leftist and a Member of The Morena Party

Wonder how she will get along with The U.S. Democrat Party?

Looks like The Smuggling Routes and Trafficking are safe. 😊

posted on Jun, 3 2024 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

which cartel does she belong to?

posted on Jun, 3 2024 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

She is an environmentalist, she is aligned with all the cartels that have naturally produced drugs. Just think how much fuel will be saved if people took their trips without jets or cars.

posted on Jun, 3 2024 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

37 political candidates were assassinated ahead of the election.

Safe to assume the winners aren't just lucky survivors.

posted on Jun, 3 2024 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Good to know. I live in Mexico and had no clue about what was going on with the elections.

I was with my wife down at the its kind of like a flea market where we sell things on Tuesdays and someone came through wanting votes for congress or some such. I got to give him a good witness about God's kingdom and how it will solve all the problems facing mankind.

The Bible says that putting our trust in any human will ultimately only lead to disappointment. And that will go for this new President as well. And I mean all the respect in the world to the leaders and rulers who have good intentions. And I like to give them the benefit of the doubt. There is just only so much a human can do, even when put into a position of some authority and power.

whereislogic posted a movie snippet I think summed it up nicely some time ago I really liked it. Let me see if I can find it.

Even the Bible depicts the major world powers of Bible history as ferocious wild beasts. And it shows that Satan is the throne behind them all. So no human is really ever going to change anything when the puppet master controlling it all, the spider spinning the webs is beyond human reach and hasn't died since mankind's inception.

(post by Twizzle removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 3 2024 @ 02:30 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

Lemme try this again.

I believe it’s time for Israel to follow Mexico’s progressive lease and I’d like to see a Ms. Gutierrez, Dominguez, Rodriguez, Garcia, etc be the head of Israeli politics.

edit on 3-6-2024 by SteamyAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2024 @ 03:13 PM
link   
If you look into her background, you'll find she has what most people really want in someone running their country.

She has plenty of education, and plenty of administrative experience. Comes from a good family and doesn't seem to have criminality in her background at all. She has a husband and a family. Everything people are supposed to like.

Why not give the woman a couple weeks before forming an opinion.

Only seems fair.

posted on Jun, 3 2024 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Disgusted123

Doesn’t have much to do with the fact that she is a woman that causes hesitancy with me.

One of their biggest problems is cartels and corruption. Here is her alleged position-

How to tackle Mexico's violent cartels is going to be one of the many challenges facing Ms Sheinbaum when she takes up office. She has said that it is important to tackle what she says are the roots of the violence and has promised to invest in welfare programmes to prevent poor young Mexicans from being recruited by criminal groups.

BBC

If my country was pretty much run by violent criminal groups, I can’t imagine my first thought being “we need to focus on welfare programs to combat crime”.

They would just always pay slightly more.

Cartels are in the same tier as terrorists. If they’re flourishing in your country you have to wipe them out.

I’m not saying that you shouldn’t look at socioeconomic policies along side of that, but it looks pretty suspicious she’s going to be soft on them by saying they’re not the problem, it’s the government welfare isn’t robust enough.

(post by Boomer1947 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

join