It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from the Pacific NW.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2024 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I feel a little odd about this introduction post – this is my third ATS ID since about 2008 or so. I was quite a frequent contributor for years. Thousands of posts...

The first ID got lost in the Sands of Time. After an unexpected divorce, I spent a couple years cleaning up the mess, and when the dust settled, I had forgotten which email I’d used, and the password to the account.

The second account got banned. It lived from 2010 – 2017. As I recall, there was a heated political debate with a moderator, and POOF!

That coincided with a major career change. For 14 years I had been with a company in the medical facility outfitting sector, rising from assistant account exec, to regional SVP.

Long story short – they eliminated my position, and offered me a promotion (EVP, #6 in the company) that would require I move to another part of the country, or accept a generous buyout.

Having just built, and moved into, my “dream home”, and with a new gal in my life (now my wife), I chose the latter.

I took a year off and we traveled. I stared a development company with my brother (I play COO and CFO), and we have been very blessed. We are in the process of selling that company, and having just turned 50, I’m going to retire.

I’m not saying I will never work again – I most certainly will, but it will never be anything that keeps me up at night or gets me up early.

Which brings me full circle back to my third ID here on ATS.

I made the ID before the site registration drama unfolded, and I thought I would wait and see what happened. Now, it looks like ATS will live for a bit longer, so I’ll fill some of my free time here.

I see a few familiar ID’s, but it looks like many are gone.

It’s good to be back!

~ Tom

posted on Jun, 2 2024 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Tommy1974
What were your previous usernames then?
You can be judged on your thousands of posts perhaps...saves any further introduction at least?!

*Edit
I didn't know previous accounts got completely deleted?
I've read lots of old threads by banned members...were you sooo naughty that even the wayback machine has deleted you as well?

edit on 2-6-2024 by AdultMaleHumanUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2024 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AdultMaleHumanUK

.were you sooo naughty that even the wayback machine has deleted you as well?

It doesn't get much naughtier than arguing with a mod!

posted on Jun, 2 2024 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1
Actually did laugh out loud at that!!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2024 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

Is that now coming from experience?

Sorry, couldn't help it, just read your 2 previous threads.

edit on 2-6-2024 by theatreboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2024 @ 07:00 PM
link   

The problem is, I don't remember the first, and I think the second was a scramble of my initials "THX", probably followed by 00451.

posted on Jun, 2 2024 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Heh! Well, as I recalled, it was arguing about an argument, if that makes sense. To be honest, that was so long ago, I don't remember it specifically, just generally.

posted on Jun, 2 2024 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Omg, I've forgotten many passwords and throwaway email accounts, but NEVER a username I've made thousands of posts under!!!

Oh well, I'll look forward to reading your opinions in the Tommy reincarnation!

*Edit
Did your birth inspire the film a year later?!

en.m.wikipedia.org...(1975_film)
edit on 2-6-2024 by AdultMaleHumanUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2024 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Funny you should mention that -- my Dad is a huge fan of the Who, and classic British rock in general.

Me, not so much. It's fine I guess...

But, for the record, I was named after my paternal Gramps.

posted on Jun, 2 2024 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

originally posted by: nugget1

Is that now coming from experience?

Sorry, couldn't help it, just read your 2 previous threads.

[/quote

No; it takes two to argue, and I was having trouble getting ahold of the other party.

posted on Jun, 2 2024 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I was born in '73, liked some of the 70's rock, but preferred the 60's hippy stuff my mother played, 80's music didn't inspire me much, until 1989 when I had my first ecstasy at an illegal rave lol, and I've been mostly EDM in all its genres since then!

...should go bed ffs, I'm busy this Monday morning lol, but welcome back to the website where you can check-out, but never really leave!

posted on Jun, 2 2024 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Too funny! My Mom is a former hippy chick as well. She met Dad when he was a brand new USN Ensign, and three boys later...

Opposites attract, I guess. They're still goofy for each other, LMAO!

posted on Jun, 2 2024 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Welcome to the site. It appears that this site will be around for a while yet. But who knows what the future is...and my name is Rick...not who.

posted on Jun, 3 2024 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Thanks. I remember your ID.

posted on Jun, 4 2024 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Hello and welcome

posted on Jun, 4 2024 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Welcome! Im in the Puget Sound area myself. Welcome back here. I just joined a month or so ago myself.

top topics

join