It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Year Old Indiana Boy Victim of Bullying Commits Suicide

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2024 @ 11:04 AM
link   
He had brother and sisters. Happy Looking Family. He was caught up in bullying. The last straw from what I read was getting beat up on the bus and his glasses were broken. School did nothing.

This is beyond sad that a kid could be made to feel that bad....and he is not alone.

posted on May, 16 2024 @ 11:14 AM
link   
ARREST all the adults who knew of the bullying and did not stop it.

ADULTS are now arrested for crimes committed by children.
(i.e. Shooter's Mom/Dad get sent to prison and fined $$.)

ARREST ALL ADULTS WHO KNEW OF THE BULLYING!! 😠

posted on May, 16 2024 @ 04:48 PM
link   
This is really sad. Listened to a bit about this on the news and the school counselors at school verified there were numerous meetings with the parents about the issues so I don't see how the school is in denial in any way. Twenty meetings I believe in over a year????? I could be wrong on the numbers by my point is, there were substantial meetings with school personnel.

The school is bad. Bad because it didn't protect the student against harassment.

However, the parents are also responsible. After a few meetings with the school and not seeing some results alleviating the issue(s), at the end of the day, it was their duty to protect their child. You can't always force others to do what you want them to do. When you see things are not changing, you must realize you're simply beating your head against a wall and do something different. And if that doesn't work, do something ELSE. Keep trying until the situation is acceptable.

So what they should have done is sought legal council and ALSO removed their child and enrolled him in either home schooling or arranged for remote learning (which almost all schools are capable of since the Covid shutdowns) until other sources could be arranged. They also should have put their child into some counseling to help him deal with the issues in his life. A good sounding board helps.

But anything....ANYTHING to remove their child from the physical elements that were harming him should have been done. If it was important enough to discuss time after time, the actions should have changed in order to protect the child.

We are our children's most important advocates and need to exercise our authority as a parent.

posted on May, 17 2024 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Unless you have been bullied.
you have no idea how bad it feels.
To scared to go to toilet in case the bullies are waiting.
at home time you have to wait.
then sneek out of school.

The teachers Need lesons on how to
spot and ASK the kids if they are bullied.
And Not in class!

If the kid is quiet then the teacher should Ask therm.
but they think they are soft and whining.

and remember this!
That kid grows up with suicidal depression.
and may Brake later.

posted on May, 19 2024 @ 11:29 AM
link   

posted on May, 19 2024 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare
ARREST all the adults who knew of the bullying and did not stop it.

ADULTS are now arrested for crimes committed by children.
(i.e. Shooter's Mom/Dad get sent to prison and fined $$.)

ARREST ALL ADULTS WHO KNEW OF THE BULLYING!! 😠

Not a good idea reality is teenagers have hormones coursing through their system. They havnt yet learned how to be an adult. As a school system you should do everything you can to prevent fights but having said that when I was in school we were very good at avoiding teachers.

Now if you want to stop bullying the only way this happens is to change attitudes. Teach children to defend the weak for example. Problem is today society is very self centered and really doesn't care what happens to others. In this situation I do blame the parents they should have taught him how to man up and take steps to help him do so.

Think of it this way their son decided to kill himself over seeking assistance from mom and dad. So why did he feel they couldn't help him? Where was his brother's like mine when he taught me to fight? My brother spent every weekend for an entire month boxing and showing me how to throw punches.

I quickly learned how to defend myself and for me bullying stopped. Reality is there will always be conflict with teenagers to many hormones and very little self control.

Now the thing everyone will get mad at me about I find myself thinking that I've seen people scream yell at say a cashier. My first thought is they have never been punched in the face. Had they actually been in a fight they would know you don't talk to people like that. They have had zero consequences for their actions and turn into Karen's.

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: PrivateAngel
Poor baby - he should have been protected better, so many children don't get the help they need.

Why do people bully, well, it is important to understand the underlying issues - bullies act out of their own insecurities and fears, which can lead them to try to control or hurt others to feel powerful.

This should be a topic in school!

Schools act like they're heavily against bullying, but the teachers and administrations protect the bullies most of the time. When my 15 year old was in middle school, I found out he was turning the lights off in the bathroom when an autistic kid would go in there. Not only did he write an apology letter to the kid, but I blistered his ass with my belt.

My kids grew up with me constantly telling them that if they're being bullied, beat that bully's ass however you can. Kick balls, hit them with a stick, whatever it takes and I'll be up at that school ASAP to stand by them if they get in trouble, but if I find out they're the ones bullying, I'll be whooping their ass. All is good now.

Thank you for your reply, but we have to agree to disagree because I don't believe in violence.

I think intelligence is all it takes for people to learn to stop bulling others - if you use violence then you just teach them to be afraid, but they won't understand things on a deeper level.

Hmm, things aren't always just black and white - I guess violence can be used as a last option, but for me it would be as self defense only.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join