It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart is back!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I like how everyone is acting like he’s the biggest shill to mainstream media, the very thing he challenged and trash talked his whole career.

He helped carve the niche for alternative content during a time before podcasts. He proved a thirst for such alternatives.

He talked down to CNN and Cramer.

He used his platform to draw attention to veterans and 9/11 first responders pointing out they weren’t getting the help they deserved and were owed.

But he thought differently so he’s scum, even though he had voted Republican in the past including Bush Sr.

He’s had plenty of views I disagree with, but he comes off as far more sincere than a vast majority of the landscape of pundits and even journalists.

If you want echo chambers, you live in the perfect time for them. I’ll continue to consume a broad array of content and I won’t feel like I’m attacking my own world view by saying people I usually disagree with are right sometimes.

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Never watched him, doesn’t sound like I’ll start to

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SilentSaturn1

Who cares if an leftist shrill returns?

It just goes to prove the current generation of "talent" is not talented, not funny, not creative and are nothing but overpaid woke fools.

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: boatguy12

What right did he have to criticize the war in Iraq and the patriot act?

What a commie

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Jon Stewart, is responsible for the death of humor.

When the daily show started it was about making fun of the news industry and not so much about current events and politics. It made fun of how the news was presented more than anything. Sort of like a more funny Ron Burgundy kind of thing making fun of how the news was presented.

Then came Jon Stewart and and it just became left wing propaganda under the guise of comedy. Jon would often (purposely) miss report world events and political stories and then make fun of his fictional story without telling his audience that his stories weren't true, accurate, and sometimes flat out lied.

When asked about how he reported something incorrectly (then made fun of it) Jon would look at the person asking the question as of they were an idiot and say ' uhh, you know it's a comedy show right?". So he lied in his stories then makes fun of real people and when he's called out on it he acts like YOU are the idiot.

All he is, is a propaganda machine with a license to lie about real people and real events.

Ever since then we are stuck with anger, hate and TDS from the likes of John Oliver, the guy on abc who did black face... Jimmy Kimmel, and that south African dude. They're all just Jon Stewart hacks and copycats.

And comedy is no longer a thing.

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I just don't like him much either way I always thought he was stuck up his own butt hole

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

They're really pulling all the stops at this point.
Trever Noah saying "Trump is the first President in a while to do what he said he would do", just won't do.
Not saying that's why Noah doesn't have the show btw

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Don't let politics kill humor.

It already has and you can thank the Left for that. Ask a stand up comedian what subjects they can't talk about. They'll give you a whole list.

Humor is supposed to be no holds barred/take no prisoners kind of thing. Everybody was a target and if it was funny, it was funny.

The Left has become so sensitive they'll try to ruin a person's career if they don't like the joke.

Stewart has been a Leftist mouthpiece for years and suddenly trying to pass himself off as a Centrist is just not gonna work.

So true. My brother is a stand-up comedian but unfortunately also a Liberal Democrat. His jokes are no longer funny. I wrote some material for him, it’s the furthest he deviates from the left and he says it gets the biggest laughs:
“When I was in elementary school, we learned about Susan B. Anthony.
Now kids are taught that “Susan”, BE Anthony”.

*sigh*

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 08:06 AM
link   
John Stewart is a lefty. he's good butties with Colbert. I do think he's funny and have a gift with delivery. I enjoy political humor as long as it's not all one sided, like with Colbert.

But John Stewart spent a lot of time and effort doing something worthwhile that not many people seem to remember.

www.cbsnews.com...
He was instrumental in getting the burn pit registry in place, and worked very hard to do something that needed to be done. For that, he has my respect.

And not to act like a fanboi, but he did step outside the lines with the covid joke.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: boatguy12

Ha okay. Stewart is fairly old and been around since the 90s.. But, who do you think is a funny comentator, comedian or interesting person that gives takes on politics?

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Yea.. Some people think he's just a political propgandist. It's not true. He's worked to try and change things, like youve said. Especially with military veterans. He's a lefty for sure but doesn't mean that makes him bad. If there was a right-wing version of john stewart, id be watching his show as well.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 5thHead

Cause of the death of humor is a bit silly. "Wokeness" ramped up the most after his leave. And even with wokeness increased, comedy has never been better.

If you like comedy that isn't too woke - check out Shane Gillis two specials. One of my favorite current comedians.

You're looking at mediocre/bad comics from late night shows and HBO networks. Most of them aren't real stand-ups. People like jimmy kimmel are aweful. They rely mostly on writing team. Although, Conan isnt too bad.

Sure, people like John Oliver can get things wrong and be bias. That's really anyone doing a show like that though.

Stewart is by far the best comedic political commentator out there. But if you want actually funny stand up - look to the stand up comedians working today.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Sure there are funny people out there, but as far as main stream humor... Late night TV shows and the like have been the shared culture for a long time. I know that's changing with the Internet but TV is still a huge influence. It's harder to find things on the Internet and its more specific to what you like but TV is still the dominant shared culture.

Remember Conan O'Brien? He was funny. Now I guess he's on the Internet some where.

BTW, I don't think Stewart is a shill. I think he believes what he believes. But he does have a "by any means necessary" mentality, and if it suits his argument to change facts then by God he'll do it.

His imitators and people trying to copy him and bite his style combined with the media gate keepers have ruined it though (TV comedy at least) SNL hasn't been funny in a long time, Colbert, I guess you could call the view comedy. Lol

Truthfully if you want something with politics, real facts, and is still funny the only thing worth watching is Gutfield.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 09:14 PM
link   
It's wild to think that a leftist mouthpiece shill is the one who finally got those 9/11 first responders the benefits they deserved.

Points for being a productive American, Jon Stewart.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join