It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sexual abuse at youth detention center

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2024 @ 10:37 AM
link   
www.google.ca...

I'm sorry for not posting this in the correct area .
I can't seem to get things on the older phone to work just right on here.

The post I pasted above has been on my mind for a while now and to make sense of why I just dropped it on here is because when I was a youth aka brat I put in 2 years in this place and was right in the middle of this mess in 1994 ...I will be giving my interview to RCMP next week and then I will share my story to you all also after that
I don't think there was a time in my life I felt not in control of me besides my multiple encounters with the individual in this news article .
Brief is I was forced to have one on one lessons with him because I couldn't swim yet.
Threatened with write ups or lock down if I did not comply.

Nova Scotia RCMP are looking for survivors and witnesses to come forward to help with an investigation into nearly three decades of alleged sexual abuse at a youth detention centre in Nova Scotia, which could involve more than 200 survivors.

In a news conference Wednesday, police said Operation Headwind is looking into the allegations of sexual assault at the Nova Scotia Youth Centre in Waterville, N.S., between 1988 and 2017.

edit on Mon Jan 8 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: MOD EDIT. added quote from source

posted on Jan, 8 2024 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Lidstrom5

My GOD!

posted on Jan, 8 2024 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Nice to hear that the USA is not the only place in the world that has problems with sexual abuse in these youth detention programs. I hear about it here but never in other countries.

Sure it is not right, I was just tired of believing it was only a United states problem.

It is also a problem here in some mental health programs and other help programs. They can't seem to get this problem under control.

posted on Jan, 8 2024 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Lidstrom5

It's a Youth Detention center .....

It's literally a Pedophiles dream land ..... I feel for the kids I really do but it's not some big surprise.

People are evil .
edit on 8-1-2024 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2024 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Well this isn't the first time ...just before I landed my self in here there was a place that was in the town of Shelburne Nova Scotia .. it was happening there from as early as the 60s and was shut down when this place opened .... There was alot of backlash from the old place because the government just offered hand me outs to suppress it and everyone involved walked away Scott free

originally posted by: rickymouse
Nice to hear that the USA is not the only place in the world that has problems with sexual abuse in these youth detention programs. I hear about it here but never in other countries.

Sure it is not right, I was just tired of believing it was only a United states problem.

It is also a problem here in some mental health programs and other help programs. They can't seem to get this problem under control.

edit on 8-1-2024 by Lidstrom5 because: Bad grammer

posted on Jan, 8 2024 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I suspect there was more then one that was part of this because the inside joke between inmates was this actual event and I remember getting teased.
The reason why I have the gut feeling it was more then this swimming instructor involved is because I made a very strong point I was scared of the water back then.... I was near #ting my pants alone I was to take the lessons or be disapline d.
I'm not sure if they had that authority by rights and when I was let out of my unit to go to the main building where the pool resides you would think other workers who took that phone call to send me over were well aware I was overly agitated when I had to go.

posted on Jan, 8 2024 @ 01:47 PM
link   
wagners.co...

This was the occurrence in the previous location before the latest one I posted on.

new topics

top topics

join