It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is mind blowing old tech, that can save us from the energy crisis.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I just came across this Australian steam powered energy generator.

This has the ability to run an electrical generator, heat hot water for hydronic heating, all in one self contained unit.

And it can run off any biofuel.

I do want this, can’t rely upon the government to bring back the state electricity commission in Victoria Australia.

The want to get rid of coal fired electricity generation, and go full solar and wind. We are already having minor brownouts this summer.

www.uniflowpower.com...

m.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Cavemannick

(Added vid for convenience sake)

First off, a great idea! Get more than a “one off” source of power/electricity. We should be doing that on the industrial scale wherever we generate excess heat. This is a great step in the right direction.

Second, besides the inverter, nearly an all in one system. Everyone forgets about the inverter part of the equation. To get household current you need one (and probably some form of transformer). An all in one solution would be a quick selling point to distant shipping points.

My issues. Noise. The thing is loud! Doesn’t help when the zombies are outside (or anyone else trying to take what you have). Still polluting. It burns any combustible material and gives off CO2 (and other gases). Needs to be upgradeable. With newer tech like heat batteries (1414Degrees’ silicon batteries would be a neat addition), supercritical CO2 generators (take CO2 from the atmosphere, store until needed, heat up, compress, turn a turbine built to take SCO2) would be a “two birds with one stone” moment.

Distillation is a huge sticking point. Heck, if you can do water what else can you heat distill? If you can do water, you can make alcohol. If you can do alcohol then you are not far off from petroleum. And everyone having access to clean water, electricity and gas just can’t be tolerated! Why all those poor oil VIPs would become middle class and we can’t have that (sarcasm)!

If hydrogen fuel cells and redox flow batteries could be worked into the scheme then it would really be something to halt and take notice. Honestly, this should have been done in the 70s/80s and it would not seem like a “strange” idea.

Cool find! Thanks for sharing. And the remote peoples of the world are better off knowing that it is out there. And don’t be surprised if you see a “bundling” of energy tech together to replace the Big Lie keeping us all in our own filth (and slowly killing the planet).

(Fosters!)

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Cavemannick

Nuclear, the solution is and always was Nuclear power. Just finish the hole in Yukka Mtn. and be done with it. Same with AUS, just find a spot, dig, and put the waste there.

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Fosters! Geez, a beer so crap Aussies would rather send it overseas than drink it!

a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

To Mechtech.

South Australia says g’day.

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I always wonder why we don’t see more uptake of the Sterling Engine, it works off heat differential and doesn’t take a great deal of heat to drive the piston as long as one end of the system is kept cool.

Also rocket stoves are designed in such away they burn off much of the gasses that would normally go out of the flu. The main burn chamber is well insulated, so when they get going the temperature inside the chamber gets really hot, and burns up biomass extremely efficiently.

Combining the two would surely be a great way of producing energy that doesn’t need advanced tech, is highly efficient and easy to repair/maintain?

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AllisVibration

See! Bringing this up to the general audience here generates both positive interest and other suggestions!!

Sterling engines would work, the rocket stove and nuclear show that modularity would be welcome. Besides batteries, a hydrolyzer would also work for HFC (venting nitrogen is better than half redoxed fuel).

As the title says, old tech that should be used. And if it is modular in nature then it would be a hit out of the park!

PS - Fosters is sold in big cans for a reason!! (Blech). Just trying to throw another shrimp on the barbie

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: mechtech87

Yes. And why aren't we using Thorium Molten Salt Reactors? Supposedly safer to use than other reactors we currently are using.

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I'm no nuclear physicist but my understanding is because it doesn't produce plutonium and depleted uranium for our weapons programs.

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: thov420

I've heard that as well.

Piss poor reasoning IMO.

top topics

join