It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive earthquake jolts Japan, residents evacuate coast

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: ManSizedSquirrel

He goes by Pete [ camper ]

Oh I didn’t realize that was him. Thanks David, happy new year.

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

You're on a website for conspiracies.

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: xWorldxGonexMadx
a reply to: DAVID64

Wouldn't surprise me if some of these quakes are being triggered by Underwater Subs with missiles or underwater UFO's with missles

Remember the Big Tsunami at Xmas? 2004
massive tsunami with waves up to 30 m (100 ft) high,
known in some countries as the Boxing Day Tsunami
some one loves dates.
They are warnings from the powers that be.

any one know what it may be.
that Japan has not joind or spoken out about?

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretSauceSupplier

And you are in the "Fragile Earth" forum which is not really conspiracy-related.

Small hint it tells you what forum you are in on the top left corner next to the thread title.

ATS has many forums that cover an extensive amount of different topics and materials.

Not everything is conspiracy-related, here or in the real world.

Some things that happen, like massive earthquakes for instance, are a product of nature, as opposed to being a conspiracy of men.
edit on 1-1-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze
Watch the cars in this video, 40 seconds of terror: Twitter video

Look at this river sloshing back and forth: Twitter video

That’s crazy.
Good thing the parking garage didn’t collapse.

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 05:34 PM
link   
You see daskakik if you just would have turned around in your desk you could have saved Japan from this Earthquake .

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Japan does so well. I'm sorry for six dead so far, but a 7.5/7.6 underneath a even a lighter populated area is amazing. Put this in a different country and it's 50,000 easy.

Amazing job in light of disaster. As Always with Japan.

On a nerd note 2 people may care about.

This is on an interesting fault. It happened on a convergent zone between two microplates. While they are considered reverse/thrust faults it is considered an incipient subduction zone. Japan Northern part is on one microplate, the southern portion on another. And this quake occured where one is believed to be trying to override the other.

Learned there had been an ongoing earthquake swarn of over 8000 since March of last year.

It is considered an infant subduction zone, and the limit of its quakes are more in line with the steep thrust faults. It won't produce megathrust, those are reserved for trenches on the East Coast.

Another contributing part is how the Pacific Plate subducts under the Okhotsk plate (On which Northern Honshu and Hokkaido is located) that is in turn is rotating clockwise and trying to override the next plate, The Amur Plate. Which it's self is being warped by the Philippine Plate subducting under it, from the the stress the subducting Pacific place places on that. The Pacific Plate subducts at a 10° angle under both plates increasing stress places on overriding plates.
edit on 1-1-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 09:09 PM
link   

edit on Mon Jan 1 2024 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
I lived in Japan from 1983 to 1986. Three years stationed at Camp Zama. That place was ROCKING. We had earthquakes all the time. My first one was a 6.5 and that happened after I had been there only a couple of weeks. Everyone thought that Mt. Fuji was going to erupt at some point and the whole place "slide into the ocean" ... like what people say about California. It never happened ... but boy did we get earthquakes!

A good reminder that the little thin slice of Earth we occupy is forever changing, and it's not "mankind's" doing.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 04:21 PM
link   
japan is the best country which is prepared for earthquakes as we can see all the time. very few causalities. the one we should be seeing as a # show is the Istanbul quake which will happen quite soon. 25 million people, no electricity or heating no food no transportation after it happens because no good infrastructure, 150 200k causalities at least at the beginning. sadly only the ones who have a gun will survive because no one would be able to get out.
edit on 2-1-2024 by belkide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I was stationed in Camp Zama from 1986 to 1988. %00th, also ran the VFW on post after normal work hours.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 03:24 AM
link   
earthquake and then an air disaster.hmmmmm

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: stu119

So what?

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: stu119

I'm not connecting the dots Stu an earthquake is an act of nature>

And the other an accident seemingly down to human error.

How are the incidents synonymous or related?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join