It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Repainting Of “Black Lives Matter” Slogan Costs D.C. Taxpayers Over $270,000

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2023 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Remember this? Back in 2020, during the BLM riots, the mayor of DC painted 'Black Lives Matter' on the street by the White House and renamed the area Black Lives Matter plaza, or some such thing. I always got the impression that was supposed to be a dig at Donald Trump. Well, it's been three years and the far left racist slogan is wearing thin on the street and either needs to be taken off or repainted. The far left racist DC political machine has decided to repaint the slogan on the street, at a cost to taxpayers of $270,000. DC has a major crime and homeless problem, but the politicians are going to spend all this money to repaint racist marxist graffiti onto a public street instead of using it to combat crime or help the homeless.

The group Black Lives Matter has been outed as a racist, marxist mess. The leadership misuse the funds and take a heaping helping for themselves, living in mansions and driving expensive cars and having a luxurious lifestyle. The BLM group recently made anti-Israel pro-Hamas statements after the October 7 terrorist attack in Israel.

Repainting Of “Black Lives Matter” Slogan Costs Washington, D.C. Taxpayers Over $270,000

While the nation’s capitol and many American cities spiral out of control with crime hikes, Washington, D.C. bureaucrats approved a budget to repaint the city’s street with Black Lives Matter slogan for a whopping $270,000. Watchdog Judicial Watch announced today it received 25 pages of records in a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request from the Washington, DC, Department of Transportation.

“DC crime is out of control but local leaders continue to wastes $270,000 in tax money promoting the extremist Black Lives Matter movement in the heart of Washington DC that is racist, anti-police, anti-American, and often violent,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. The trove of documents show the cost to taxpayers to repaint the Black Lives Matter slogan on a street in the nation’s capital was over $270,000.

After the early June 2020 Black Lives Matter protests and riots in DC, a team of artists, residents, District employees, and demonstrators painted “Black Lives Matter” in 50-foot-tall yellow capital letters and the District’s crest on 16th Street NW near the White House. The next day, demonstrators painted “Defund the Police,” alongside the “Black Lives Matter” message. The total price tag of $271,231 includes $53,551 for paint and supplies, and $217,680 for labor.

posted on Nov, 28 2023 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

There is an article oiut in th epublic arena the global hear George Soros donated over $100 million to BLM in 2020.

What a nice Jewish young man?

posted on Nov, 28 2023 @ 08:11 AM
link   

That's what they voted for.

I'm sure they're happy with how the money is being spent instead of say, maybe improving their schools.

posted on Nov, 28 2023 @ 08:31 AM
link   
This is why I'd never make a politician. If I was going to blatantly and frivolously piss tax payer money away I wouldn't be able to pretend it was on something that actually served the public. Id just openly blow it Motley Crue style.
edit on 28-11-2023 by TheWhat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2023 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
That's what they voted for.

I'm sure they're happy with how the money is being spent instead of say, maybe improving their schools.

True. They voted for the mentality that would do this.
We go into DC a couple of times year.
It's a mess. Dirty. Trash in the streets. Homeless everywhere.
The money could be used elsewhere to clean up the place.

posted on Nov, 28 2023 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I think that is a waste of money, sad thing is that sign on the ground will see more money than a lot of the black constituents will see in a lifetime.

Unfortunately, nothing shocking about government wasteful spending and I think we are all apathetic at this point.

posted on Nov, 28 2023 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Who has this contract? 53k for Paint and 217k in labor? @40 bucks a gallon that is over 1300 gallons of paint. Wish we had an AG who would investigate things like this.

250k could help a lot of families in DC right now.

posted on Nov, 28 2023 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I was stationed in DC for about 4 years.
Lots of run-ins with junkies and crazy people.

You couldn't pay me enough to ever go back there.

posted on Nov, 28 2023 @ 04:34 PM
link   

After the early June 2020 Black Lives Matter protests and riots in DC, a team of artists, residents, District employees, and demonstrators painted “Black Lives Matter” in 50-foot-tall yellow capital letters and the District’s crest on 16th Street NW near the White House.

Why doesn't the original "team" cover the costs and labor like the first time? Maybe they're not on-board so much anymore?

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
Why doesn't the original "team" cover the costs and labor like the first time? Maybe they're not on-board so much anymore?

Good question. The original people who graffiti'd the mess should be responsible for removal or upkeep. Not the taxpayers.

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 01:32 PM
link   
How was that not "defacing public property" ?

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Raptured

Because to some George Floyd is a demi-god right up there with Michael Brown.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Raptured

Because to some George Floyd is a demi-god right up there with Michael Brown.

I never understood the George Floyd admiration that was going on. The guy was a mess and was arrested because he was doped up and abusing a woman. There were paintings and pictures of George Floyd after his death ... with HALOs ... for crying out loud. He wasn't a 'good person'. It's a shame he died, but he wasn't a saint like the media and mobs were pretending.

top topics

join