It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first pet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Wow remember when ATS didn't even have a pets forum? Well I am a first time pet owner this year. I've always wanted a cat, but traveling and long work hours had always been my excuse not to get one. Last January I was working near an animal shelter and did a spontaneous visit.

I told the rep I was just looking, and not likely to walk away with an adoption that day. They kept trying to suggest various animals to me, especially the younger kittens. I inquired about an older black cat that was listed and they were hesitant to even let me see her. Just for that I insisted I see this cat purely out of spite.

She was a despondent, pathetic thing hiding in the corner of a smelly little holding area. The rep told me she has been in and out of shelters and is what they call a long-term shelter cat--a real hard luck case.

That was all I needed to hear. I decided this cat was coming home with me. No more hard luck and shelters for her. I'm no stranger to a life of hardship and felt some comfort in giving this kitty a second chance. I was determined to make her happy and comfortable and never give up on her no matter what.

Well she made it easy! She is the sweetest and most gentle creature I've ever known. I cannot believe she was a long-term shelter cat, as if nobody wanted her! She and I bonded very quickly and now I am the #1 Cat Dad. She is very happy and sociable now.

Here she is looking adorable

Here she is caught unawares by the camera

Although I do have some suspicions about her...

edit on 28-10-2023 by 2Narcoleptic2Buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: 2Narcoleptic2Buddha

Thanks for sharing this heart warming story.

That's adorable

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Wonderful, I just love how you went for the most needy one. Your sweet girl is now your family. I laughed out loud at her triangle. Thank you for sharing. Scritches under her chin from me.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Totes adorbz!

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 02:56 AM
link   

You did good with that. Cats are fun to watch, they're always observing and making their plans for the day. And very social in their way. She looks happy to be away from the shelter.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Oh dang! Forgot to add this to the OP

Viewer discretion is advised!

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2Narcoleptic2Buddha
Wow remember when ATS didn't even have a pets forum? Well I am a first time pet owner this year. I've always wanted a cat, but traveling and long work hours had always been my excuse not to get one. Last January I was working near an animal shelter and did a spontaneous visit.

I told the rep I was just looking, and not likely to walk away with an adoption that day. They kept trying to suggest various animals to me, especially the younger kittens. I inquired about an older black cat that was listed and they were hesitant to even let me see her. Just for that I insisted I see this cat purely out of spite.

She was a despondent, pathetic thing hiding in the corner of a smelly little holding area. The rep told me she has been in and out of shelters and is what they call a long-term shelter cat--a real hard luck case.

That was all I needed to hear. I decided this cat was coming home with me. No more hard luck and shelters for her. I'm no stranger to a life of hardship and felt some comfort in giving this kitty a second chance. I was determined to make her happy and comfortable and never give up on her no matter what.

Well she made it easy! She is the sweetest and most gentle creature I've ever known. I cannot believe she was a long-term shelter cat, as if nobody wanted her! She and I bonded very quickly and now I am the #1 Cat Dad. She is very happy and sociable now.

Here she is looking adorable

Here she is caught unawares by the camera

Although I do have some suspicions about her...

Congratulations!

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Cute

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: FurPerson

Thanks for sharing this heart warming story.

That's adorable

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Great job!
What’s your void’s name?
You’ll be a great cat dad.

We went looking a few months ago to adopt one, ended up with two!
Great decision, they were both street cats, one from Compton (Straight Outta)
Both under a year old, they are best buds now too.
Nice to see you by the way.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I can never forget him. My beloved pet (Nick) was a dog. One day when he came back from his afternoon walk, he feel sick. Somebody was give him poisoned food that lead him to death.
It was the Black day for an I never forget that day (02/001/2013).

join