It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.S. Air Force couldn’t possibly name two different aircraft Darkstar, could they?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The U.S. Air Force couldn’t possibly name two different aircraft Darkstar, could they?

Within the last few days videos have mentioned, for example….

So as I watched the vid…..I recall that the USAF already had officially given the name Darkstar to a drone …..

DarkStar takes off from Edwards Air Force Base, Calif., for its first flight.

…..yet, and probably deservingly, the replacement aircraft for the SR-71 should be named anything else but another Darkstar.

it doesn’t make sense and would cause confusion to have two different airframes with the same name.

So why are folks bent on using the name Darkstar again?

👽

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

Because it was on the internet so it must be true. And you’re talking about people that know nothing about aircraft to begin with.

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Stay off youboob for a bit.

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The new Flight Simulator has a Darkstar based on the Topgun movie, and a mission to go along with it.

The mission involves flying from Groom Lake to the shuttle landing strip at Cape Canaveral, at altitudes of over 100,000ft and speeds over Mach 9. The mission takes a little over 30 minutes to complete.

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Because it was on the internet so it must be true. And you’re talking about people that know nothing about aircraft to begin with.

Well, we have been waiting for the launch of the Zaphodtube podcast or something, LOL.

Was talking with somebody ITRW about the F-35 missing and said I'll have to check with Zaphod, and they said who in the hell is Zaphod? LOL

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Isn't that literally the bread and butter of websites like ours here?

If it's on the internet it must be true.

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I had someone tell me the other day that they aren’t actually a member here, but they visit regularly to read the Aviation forum.

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

And people wonder why I’m getting a bald spot from pulling my hair out.

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

And at 18 seconds in we find out it flies at an astonishing speed of 2 miles per hour! That's even faster than Kenny Rogers patented 1 mile an hour fastball.

One would think the narrator would go "Now hold on one damn minute here. 2 miles an hour?"

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: billxam

No one ever accused the people making these videos of being observant.

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 08:38 PM
link   

edit on 25-9-2023 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join