It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Company gives FBI gun safe combo

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Wait , they voluntarily provided the combination ?
Even the FBI has to have a federal court order for that .
Even though it is the Forgotten Bureau of Instigation , the company is at fault .
edit on 9/8/23 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Someone I know got stopped almost every week because he had several guns registered. We have to transport them unloaded and separate from the ammunition. And only on direct way to hunting grounds or shooting club. Direct way. They would run his license through the computer and it would tell them he had guns registered. They would stop him and ask catch questions first, then check on his trunk to get an "AHA! GOTCHA" moment.

The ways it would go down he said:

First they ask where he is coming from and going to, always (from top of my head). Remember you can only have them with you for direct in route transportation between home, shooting club (and gunsmith).

-If he refused, they would pull the "we know you have guns registered, step out of the car and open the trunk".
-If he said like "from work", they would be like "we know you have guns registered..."
-If he said like "from the shooting range", they would be like "yes, we know you have guns registered" but now it was different. Whenever he, by occasion or not, was on a road where he could be considered "on his way to the club", they would have little interest in his trunk.

They only had, if they knew they would # him, if he had the gun(s) with him.

I once asked him why I don't see him in the shooting club anymore, because we used to meet there often. He said he was just fed up being stopped almost every week, so he have up on his hobby. We're in Germany, the gun culture is different here but the police tactics are the same.

edit on 8.9.2023 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Me, too.

Yep, they can have every registered firearm I have, no problem.

People actually think I'm going to store my firearms all in the same spot?? Not happening. I know where each and every one of 'em are...and I'm the only one that matters.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Welp as some have said.. there is a bud light moment if I ever saw one.

Was looking for a gun safe, now I know who not to buy.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Given any physical lock has a certain number of permutations I'd look ok at how long it takes the lockpickinglawer to pop it open.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Liberty has repented and offered a opt out on their website and promised to only give out the digits of those who don't with a specific warrant for the gun safe.
Make of it what ya will....

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

That's one of the reasons that I left my pistols at home. That way I wouldn't have my concealed carry permit in my wallet. A while back I was volunteering at my Great Niece's school Science Fair. When I was checking in at the office I was asked for ID. When I took my Driver's License from my wallet the School employee saw my CCP. She called the Police and I had to wait for them to show up and run a background check. At the time I was stopped they hadn't tied the CCP to your Driver's License.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 02:43 PM
link   
You do not own a Gun Safe if the FBI can ask for the combo without a court order. What you have instead is a gun cabinet. It just keeps children out of your guns and nothing more. I would select building one yourself and make it hidden as well if you are serious about security. I like the old Pepsi machine safe shown at the top of this how-to article.

How to build your own gun safe

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499
Alarmist people... Same with Polizei and my racing licenses that I keep in my wallet because I always forgot them when I needed them. They see them and next sentence is "please unlock the hood, we have suspicions your car is modified".

Back to alarmist people... We had horrible neighbors that would watch us from the windows, like very obvious. My uncle was hunter with special permits. He sported a single bolt .308, all black, silencer es big as a 1L bottle (underarms length and width [my underarms length and width
]) and a thermal scope add-on. For taking out hogs, that are a plague here.

The neighbors (it must have been them) called the bureau on him for handling a "automatic warfare sniper rifle". Of course it was not automatic but what did they know about guns other than that they should be all VERBOTEN.

I confess it looked naughty awesome!!! He let me send some down the shooting range once, I felt like in a movie.

And learned that it's not the high pitched sound a silencer makes, but it takes off the edge from the boom and makes it sound more metallic clapping than. But if you know how it sounds, I think it is easy to spot again.
edit on 9.9.2023 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

WAS IT THEIR SAFE (PROPERTY) ?
was the gun owner LEASING the safe?
was the gun owner STILL MAKING PAYMINTS?

if not, then they illegally BROKE INTO IT..
dont matter what kind of lock was on it,, an eye scanner,
password, wiggly line, plastic lock from cereal box....

YOU LOCKED IT..... THEY BROKE INTO IT
dont matter how much force was used, or,
how much computer power was used to hack the lock
even if you used one of them cheap aluminum seals

DID YOU LOCK IT? DID YOU GIVE THEM A KEY?
DID YOU GIVE THEM PERMISSION TO BYPASS THE LOCK?

then they entered it ILLEGALLY
or,... did you sign a paper allowing that sh*t?

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher

Americans have absolutely no privacy anymore whats next Banks giving up your pin codes passwords car companies giving keys to your car ?

No need for keys with all this tech these idiots want in their cars. My daily drivers are so old, they can’t be hacked by a computer. Now a stick of dynamite under the seat is a different story. 🤣

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

Not condoning what the company did and they should be boycotted over it.
But I put it on the crooked FBI more so than the company, I would bet they threatened the company for the info.

That’s how they roll anymore, where are the “good” agents for the FBI to say “Hey enough of this unconstitutional bullsh!t”?

This is called the "I was just following orders" argument. It didn't work very well at Nuremberg.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join