It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 major typhoons heading toward Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The first one is really weird since it actually looked liked it was heading west, but for some reason decided to turn and go east.
Heavy rains in Miyakojima and Okinawa, on its way to Kyushu.
Now we have number 7 that looks like it may get up to Tokyo.

On youtube has the latest moves on both typhoons. The summer fruit harvesting is really getting bad. The watermelons and cantalopes look sick in the stores. But at least they are slicing up the melons and still people will buy them. Too much water and then too hot of weather.

Here is tonights video.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Been following this lately from earth map wind, weather and ocean Earthmap
this typhoon were below South Korea and moved a bit more closer to Japan it might still take a week or so before coming to Japan, it has been quite steady. Was watching will it turn and hit China.
... refreshed a map.. that was quite a jump closer it stayed few days south of Korea, might be soon..
edit on 7-8-2023 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 11:46 AM
link   
How is the flooding?

I hope things are going better in Japan than it has been in Beijing.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
How is the flooding?

I hope things are going better in Japan than it has been in Beijing.

In Okinawa Naha lost about 25% of it electrical power. I think most has been restored. Miyakojima lots of wind and heavy rain.

Typhoon number 7 I got a feeling it can be a disaster. The wind/and whatever above #7 I think is a real concern. China as you know just had some quakes. In Tokyo, they have been planning for the last 5 years of quake prepareness, but transportation out of the city is the big hicup . Got to have a motorbike or bicycle.

Japan sends millions of dollars to Ukraine but won"t supply its citizens with bicycles for emergency. Crazy I tell ya.
edit on 0800000001262023-08-07T12:26:01-05:00260108pm12 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
Been following this lately from earth map wind, weather and ocean Earthmap
this typhoon were below South Korea and moved a bit more closer to Japan it might still take a week or so before coming to Japan, it has been quite steady. Was watching will it turn and hit China.
... refreshed a map.. that was quite a jump closer it stayed few days south of Korea, might be soon..

thanks for posting EarthMap

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

That looks bad, stay safe MIM
(always agreed with your username btw, my happy place is my resident DJ booth)

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

That looks bad, stay safe MIM
(always agreed with your username btw, my happy place is my resident DJ booth)

That sounds like a nice place to be. You must have a very nice setup . Do you travel with it?

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 12:44 PM
link   

It seems that smaller typhoon is directing more winds to bigger one.. i noticed last time i checked windspeed in bigger one was 85 km/h now it is over 105 km/h .. looks like big one is accelerating.

You are welcome, notice there is options what to browse.. temp map atm shows how hot earth is pretty much everywhere except Antartica.
edit on 7-8-2023 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

It seems that smaller typhoon is directing more winds to bigger one.. i noticed last time i checked windspeed in bigger one was 85 km/h now it is over 105 km/h .. looks like big one is accelerating.

You are welcome, notice there is options what to browse.. temp map atm shows how hot earth is pretty much everywhere except Antartica.

There's been too much rain in the part of the world. What does worry me a bit is the "ring of fire" and will all this rain have an effect?

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Please send some of that moisture to the Midwest, we are suffering here!

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Please send some of that moisture to the Midwest, we are suffering here!

Dang, I'm from the Midwest. How are the corn fields doing?

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Why always Japan? I love Japan, the culture, the people are usually respectful. Why can't it be somewhere else where people are Assho*s? Iran, North Corea, those would do.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Many thanks for the Earthmap.

Intriuiging and beautiful.

I dug out a little more about it.

storymaps.arcgis.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 01:38 AM
link   
My wife is on Okinawa, but she, fortunately, didn’t suffer any damage other than the TV antenna blew down. Being the TV addict she is that was pretty serious for her. I’m on the mainland on the west side of Tokyo. I’m watching that second one closely. The spaghetti models are still all over the place. They’ll tighten up in the next few days and we will see where it goes.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ratcals
My wife is on Okinawa, but she, fortunately, didn’t suffer any damage other than the TV antenna blew down. Being the TV addict she is that was pretty serious for her. I’m on the mainland on the west side of Tokyo. I’m watching that second one closely. The spaghetti models are still all over the place. They’ll tighten up in the next few days and we will see where it goes.

Next week I'll be in Okinawa. I was stationed at Kadena air base and also I was station there in Tokyo at Yokota Air Base.
I am inYamaguchi not really too far from the Iwakuni base

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Today Typhoon number 7 has hit on the shore of Japan mostly in Wakayman district. This typhoon is a strong one Earthmap

Stay Safe !
edit on 14-8-2023 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join