It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France passes bill to allow police remotely activate phone camera etal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 10:37 PM
link   

France passes bill to allow police remotely activate phone camera, microphone, spy on people.

A bill that would allow police in France to spy on suspects by remotely activating cameras, microphone including GPS of their phones has been passed.

The bill allows the geolocation of crime suspects, covering other devices like laptops, cars and connected devices, just as it could be remotely activated to record sound and images of people suspected of terror offences, as well as delinquency and organised crime.

gazettengr.com...

Well, not even a conspiracy but hey. It's not like we didn't see this coming. I know the USA supposedly records everything but this is a bit different. I guess maybe people will have a lot of burner phones or number changing. But laptops and cars? There's nowhere to hide. Of course we all know this will only affect the little people.

During the debate on Wednesday, the members of parliament in the camp of President Emmanuel Macron inserted an amendment limiting the use of remote spying to “when justified by the nature and seriousness of the crime” and “for a strictly proportional duration.” They noted that a judge must approve any use of the provision, while the total duration of the surveillance cannot exceed six months.

They said sensitive professions, including doctors, journalists, lawyers, judges and MPs, would not be legitimate targets.

edit on 4531202300000031bThu, 06 Jul 2023 22:46:45 -05002023000000x by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 10:45 PM
link   
One good CME and the whole endeavor goes blind.

BIG SUNSPOT ALERT: A new and apparently large sunspot is emerging over the sun's southeastern limb, right here. Helioseismic echoes from the farside of the sun suggest this may be the leading edge of an even larger sunspot group.

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Just unhook it from your hand and leave it on the kitchen counter when you go out. "That Was Easy!™"

"Nowhere to hide" 🙄....... LoL

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 11:42 PM
link   
If one person buys a roll of black electrical tape and someone else provides scissors thousands can be safe from the camera.

I think spying on taxpayers and invading their privacy is not only silly; But a waste of time, money and resources. If someone is a suspect then of course that stuff confiscated as evidence would be normal.

Going beyond that is the same as having a paranoid personality disorder... Not a good thing for any government to have.

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crowfoot
If one person buys a roll of black electrical tape and someone else provides scissors thousands can be safe from the camera.

I think spying on taxpayers and invading their privacy is not only silly; But a waste of time, money and resources. If someone is a suspect then of course that stuff confiscated as evidence would be normal.

Going beyond that is the same as having a paranoid personality disorder... Not a good thing for any government to have.

Unfortunately that's the government we DO have!

(Green Frog Tape works better.....pro tip!)

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

PePe?

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Nobody ever stands up for the common terro...freedom-fighter, your little people in this story...

I mean let's face it: it's utterly stupid not to do it. Because it's easy it's cheap and it's probably the most likely successful approach to prevent more terror attacks.
With the Ukrainian refugee wave Europe apparently also got a new wave of Islamists and even if they don't enter the country with the intention to commit terror attacks, once they realise they won't ever get legal status there's a chance that's by far not zero that they turn to ... 'violent acts of destabilisation'.

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Whats weird is East and West Germany same people but one side a prison surveillance state the other their keeper while the Red-Shield 1% moved to Israel only to stir the pot of terrorism and arm deals/sales in the Middle East using those people's religion in physiological operations gleaned from pre-war behaviorism against them. Like paying a family millions in local currency which was chump change in foreign exchange rates if a member of that family were to hi-jack a plane in the name of whatever organisation they were told to say it was; Since suicide among those people for a just cause means going to heaven... Exploiting something like that is exactly what terrorism is; Meaning pointing the finger in the wrong direction.

It can be said that; Materialism turns the world despite what physical science says... When that's the case the physical science people should scratch their heads as to why people would want to devise materials to cease the world from turning.

Becoming desensitized to anything as a new norm for proceeding generations that preceding one's didn't have? Usually means trauma that hasn't been recognized to it's fullest extent.

The same thing can be said about exploiting other peoples and places as a world sickness well over three thousand years as a strategy that has yet to stall in it's use. The excuse Americans use against Americans in doing such a thing is: America is the land of opportunity... which means raping the naive and gullible until they are wise to being used not educating them and the larger slap in the face is when they say that that persons damage and mistrust from being used has made them wiser and more educated as more of an excuse to keep doing it.

anyhoo

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Telephone in France to user: "Do you remember the old American TV series called 'I Spy' ?"

User: Non

Telephone: "I do ..."

Cheers

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

Just unhook it from your hand and leave it on the kitchen counter when you go out. "That Was Easy!™"

Did you miss this part?

The bill allows the geolocation of crime suspects, covering other devices like laptops, cars and connected devices, just as it could be remotely activated to record sound and images of people

Pretty much anything digital.

I do think there would be a problem identifying some items to the person(s) but remember the tv's and appliances that record or video? Smart Tv's especially are worrisome.

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 05:48 AM
link   
When the overlords create a bill to make totalitarian bullsh!t like that legal then i bet they already use this since years. Not only in France but wherever possible.

It´s smart to not own "smart" devices, no matter which ones. All that "smart" sh!t is only smart for those who create, sell and abuse it. Is it really smart to have no control anymore about your energy supply, about your hating system, about your car, your house, your privacy. Is it smart that everything you pay for can be remote controlled, throttled, switched off by the agenda pushers?

Maybe only because you didn´t believe in the climate BS agenda or any other current thing bullsh!t and once said it loud in public? Or because you maybe said that men disguised as women are still biological men and mustn´t compete in women sports? No internet for your the next three days sir/mam. Or no heating in winter, no water or no power at all for a few days till you have the "right view on things"!

Most of us read 1984 and everybody was scared about the telescreens and everybody thought how bad it would be having such a device in your privacy. Nowadays many of the people even pay a lot of money and get bigger and better telescreens (and pocket telescreens aka smart phones) and are even proud of their personal "Big Brother" stuff. I mean ,if humanity is that stupid, it deserves nothing better than the future humanity will see in the next few years.

It´s just sad for the people who always warned because they could see all that coming years or even decades ago. But i guess us few will be the last of us, the next generations are already lost, they are conformists. They love it to be monitored 24/7, they love it to be restricted in their lives, they can´t disturb their own privacy often enough ("selfies", instagram, tiktok and all that BS), they can´t pay enough for their always new "telescreens"...

edit on 7 7 2023 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 07:45 AM
link   
What you must understand this is the get ready bit because France, at this moment in time, is on the verge of a "foreign" take over, a civil war. And it aint the French people doing it.

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 10:10 AM
link   

'funny' part is, all the people around you will have theirs on them so They can find you anyway. wasnt that in like Eagle Eye or something? or Enemy of the State? or all films....

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
What you must understand this is the get ready bit because France, at this moment in time, is on the verge of a "foreign" take over, a civil war. And it aint the French people doing it.

the eternal question on revolutionary periods is where the first shoe drops.. and it looks like its dropped i france..

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Try bluetac. It is more durable.

a reply to: Crowfoot

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

originally posted by: EternalShadow

Did you miss this part?

The bill allows the geolocation of crime suspects, covering other devices like laptops, cars and connected devices, just as it could be remotely activated to record sound and images of people

Pretty much anything digital.

I do think there would be a problem identifying some items to the person(s) but remember the tv's and appliances that record or video? Smart Tv's especially are worrisome.

Oh, well then I'll invest in one of these then.
www.thehorrordome.com...

Or...

www.thehorrordome.com...

With..

www.brickhousesecurity.com...

I guess it really depends on how much your paranoia will lighten your wallet, but there are options!

So what's next? "Smell-a-vision"?? Can't hear me or identify me so will devices "sniff" me out?? LOL.
edit on 7/8/2023 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

'funny' part is, all the people around you will have theirs on them so They can find you anyway. wasnt that in like Eagle Eye or something? or Enemy of the State? or all films....

Well I certainly don't base my reality on Hollywood fantasy. How is that even a reference? There are plenty of ways to circumvent surveillance. See my comment above for an example and more details!
edit on 7/8/2023 by EternalShadow because: eta

top topics

join