It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visiting a second hand shop for guitars in Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I often go to these shops and find a few jewels over the years. My hobby was buying guitars that needed some minor repairs and I would negotiate and get down the price to where I could make a small profit selling them at the flea market.
The prices in this video are not cheap though. I live more in the rural area of Japan and I see a lot of classical and folk guitars for under $100. Many are 60 years old and solid wood. Not laminated. Les Paul style guitars for $60 are a dime a dozen here. Strats for $40.

Enjoy the videos.

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Did you hear about the guy who walked into a second hand store to get one for his watch?

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Did you hear about the guy who walked into a second hand store to get one for his watch?

I think its possible. For real, I wish I could post pictures of the prices. The videos doesn't really do a job. Strats are about $40 bucks and Les Paul design ( chinese ) are less then $60 bucks.

There are thousands of guitars on the walls there in Tokyo. People from around the world come here. The yen is at about 130 yen per dollar so for many the guitars seem cheap.

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 06:25 PM
link   
off your topic but going to visit Japan for the first time in August. any suggestions on what to see?
a reply to: musicismagic

new topics

top topics

join