It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Broadcasting Network founder Pat Robertson dies at 93

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Legendary Christian broadcaster Pat Robertson, who spun a local Virginia TV station into the global Christian Broadcasting Network, has died at age 93, the network announced Thursday.

Robertson’s cause of death was not given in the announcement.

Robertson, known for his "700 Club" television show, had helped make religion central to Republican Party politics.

Love him or hate him, Pat Robertson was a force to be reckoned with in the Christian community, and at times the political arena as well. He built an empire that became a household name and many followed his lead. He will not soon be forgotten, and he leaves behind a legacy and his mark on our world.
Source

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I can’t think of many things more disgusting than exploiting people’s faith for money.

That grifter can rot for all I care.

Anyone who knows the Bible is well aware he was no true follower.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I saw that coming, that's why I said "love him or hate him", because there's plenty of both.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 10:41 AM
link   
3 words of blindness of the Christan way of life comes to me when i think of him asking for money.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 10:48 AM
link   

cause of death was not given in the announcement.

That always gives me a chuckle when someone of such advanced age dies. Like, duh!

Love him/hate him, may his soul find eternal peace and rest.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

I saw that coming, that's why I said "love him or hate him", because there's plenty of both.

Which is fair, I was just speaking out loud.

Your OP seemed unbias and you were just reporting the news. I just find false prophets to be some of the most disgusting monsters on earth.

Exploiting people’s religion is one of the worst things a human can do. It’s even worse than those phone scammers who target the elderly, because at least they don’t claim to be doing it for God. Elderly people sometimes give all their money to these televangelists, and none of that money does anything for humanity or God.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I can’t think of many things more disgusting than exploiting people’s faith for money.

That grifter can rot for all I care.

Anyone who knows the Bible is well aware he was no true follower.

Amen...

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Let's pray that Kenneth Copeland is next! Rot in hell Robertson.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: KSDakar01
Let's pray that Kenneth Copeland is next! Rot in hell Robertson.

All of the mega preachers are scum.

The church isn’t the building, it’s the congregation. A bigger church isn’t a good thing, and it’s not even necessarily evangelical.

A real church is a congregation of people who know and support each other that meet regularly.

If you’re part of a church where the preacher isn’t at the hospital when one of the flock is in, it’s not a church. If someone has been going to a church for years, and the preacher doesn’t even know them by name and have a basic knowledge about their life, it’s not a real church. Likely, it’s a for profit business model.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 11:36 AM
link   
'Thank God' I can unironicly say.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Good, now if only he had expired way earlier.
I would say good luck in hell but that would be a lie.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I’m sure there’s people out there that are saddened by this news...but I can’t imagine it anymore. Once upon a time all people had was 3 channels and no internet to show what a scam all this is.and they would buy their stairway to Heaven ..to think those people are still out there

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I thought he was already expired.
I’d assume he ordered an Asbestos suit for the afterlife.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 11:19 PM
link   
funny how he didn't believe in creation, but literally devolved into a chimpanzee over the years.

now just waiting on Henry Kissinger, George Soros and Klaus Schwab to join him

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Notabot12345666

i used to be so mad when his show came on after the cartoons on fox/abc family

new topics

top topics

join