It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emails from DARKO - Not from me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 06:16 PM
link   
A user posted a message that they are receiving e-mails from darko@___.com I don't use the name Darko anywhere else, so nothing related to "Darko" will ever be from me unless it's a PM from this website. Be careful clicking on any links. They could be "cookie" harvesting and stealing logins or other personal information.

Classy huh? Exactly the type of people we want on ATS so obviously they were "wrongfully banned"

edit on 9-5-2023 by Darko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Darko

Will admit I'm a monkey with a new shiny as far as all the shortcuts you can use online.
Found out recently by hovering the pointer over the name of a email author it will display who actually sent it.
It's been invaluable in not needing to open anything.
Been blocking all manner of ridiculousness.

Whoever got that email in your name should be able this way to find the culprit.

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 07:39 PM
link   

godservant/Passtoreal is probably the most prolifically banned person on ATS. Did you see the coy of the email I posted? I know it's not on the level, but don't know what else it means to my internet safety.

I just thought you should be aware. Maybe it has nothing to do with you. Maybe I'm the only one that got that garbage, but it creeped me out.

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

godservant/Passtoreal is probably the most prolifically banned person on ATS. Did you see the coy of the email I posted? I know it's not on the level, but don't know what else it means to my internet safety.

I just thought you should be aware. Maybe it has nothing to do with you. Maybe I'm the only one that got that garbage, but it creeped me out.

I can't say with certainty that the links are safe buy they seem to be amazon so you should be ok. I will fire up a virtual machine and click the links and see what happens but you should be ok if you didn't click ant. I'm on my phone so I can't tell but there is an option to display your email I'm your profile. I am going to disable that. But I'm hoping that's where he got the email address from.

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Thank you, Darko! I never click unknown links, and even known ones if they look off in ant way; I'll email the friend/sender and ask if they sent the link first. Heck, I won't even click links on ATS until others have done so first and I can verify by the ensuing conversation they're not clickbait or spam. lol

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 08:52 PM
link   

This is from a specific person/group.

He was threatened with being billed for his use of ATS as marketing if I recall correctly, but he's branched off into illegal and unethical behavior using ATS and its owner's likeness off the site.

His IP is probably not legit anywhere recently, but he's put sufficient material here on prior socks that I had his identity ages ago. That was before he was even doing this schtick. I will dig them up again if he continues. A cease and desist letter in his real-life mailbox is probably something he'd rather avoid and damages for unauthorized use of your trademark probably would exceed his means to pay.

He got nervous and stopped for a while when he thought somebody else knew his identity. I don't know where that person was from or if they actually had his info, but I thought that would break him of his habit. Some of these people don't learn a real lesson until they're being served or arrested. He may be in that category. The ball is in his court and if he's smart he'll take it and go home now.

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I bet it was that Dang Wabbit ............

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 09:36 PM
link   
It's these kinds of things that make me glad that I signed up for ATS before it was necessary to use a social media login...

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

How can you be "prolifically banned" on ATS? You get a lifetime ban after 3 temp bans in a certain window of time, don't you?

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 11:27 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 08:09 AM
link   

flippin' Heck.... Thank you, thank you.

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 08:53 AM
link   

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 09:02 AM
link   

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Sad story. I'm checking my emails daily, but there's nothing from you. Nothing! Would you believe it?

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 10:13 AM
link   

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Darko explained the situation.

Closed.

RELATED DISCUSSION
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on Wed May 10 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join