It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can a store owner put a sign up that says WE SHOOT LOOTERS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The summer of Hell starts in May.
The inner cities are crumbling to where law and order becomes non visible.
What we are seeing now is only the tip of the iceberg.

This is not a prediction, it's happening right in front of your faces.

Cancel the welfare of those parents of kids that are causing mayhem, its the only way people.

The more you do for someone the less they appreciate it.

Good luck America.

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

There's a reason why I live in a small town and have everything delivered and it ain't because I'm hankering for the summer of Hell. Of course it'll all be mostly peaceful and anyone that objects will be a terrorist.

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 08:46 AM
link   

To answer your post title in skreet, yes 'cos 1A and 2A trump our common enemy, foreign and domestic, threatening to take away things God Himself grants.

It's not Megiddo, not the plot of dirt called the United States, but this very Planet Earth is the proverbial hill we will die on. We're staying put. To Hell with the cultists and their tech.

Ugh. It's Mars all over again. I'm feelin' shiny.

Edit: Apocalypse 2:

8 And to the angel of the church of Smyrna write: These things saith the First and the Last, who was dead, and is Alive: 9 I know thy tribulation and thy poverty, but thou art rich: and thou art blasphemed by them that say they are Jews and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan. 10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer. Behold, the Devil will cast some of you into prison that you may be tried: and you shall have tribulation ten days. Be thou faithful until death: and I will give thee the crown of life. 11 He, that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith to the churches: He that shall overcome, shall not be hurt by the second death.

edit on 4182323 by BeNotAfraid because: Word up.

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

What we are seeing now is only the tip of the iceberg.

Indeed. So many people with so many itchy trigger fingers. Like the guy who shot a kid for knocking on his door... or this young lady shot for pulling into a driveway...

Woman, 20, is fatally shot inside her friend's car after they turned onto the wrong driveway in upstate New York and homeowner, 65, 'fired at them from his porch'

Somehow I expect that the first story will continue to get much more traction than the second... because Big Media would rather hype the old-white-man-shoots-Black-boy than the old-White-man-shoots-White-woman... and of course because the public would rather talk trash about a Black boy than to recognize and acknowledge that shooting an unarmed Black boy is no better or worse than shooting an unarmed White woman. And, of course, providing an opportunity to justify killing more Black boys because, ya know, they deserve it.

Much more satisfying than understanding that bad people come in all sizes, shapes and colors.

Yup. We're in trouble from ALL sides.

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I have similar thoughts. People don't just slip into "diminished responsibility" scenarios, it takes time.

Part of the issue might be the sizing up of each issue and putting them into boxes. The issue seems to be "problems upstairs" as it were although I'd argue strongly than the influences are coming from the sitting room TV. Metaphorically speaking.

Yup. We're in trouble from ALL sides.

More are aware of the issues though and they're willing to give up their own dogmas for a bit civility and harmony. Let's just hope it's growing pains and not a blood clot!

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Part of the issue might be the sizing up of each issue and putting them into boxes. The issue seems to be "problems upstairs" as it were although I'd argue strongly than the influences are coming from the sitting room TV. Metaphorically speaking.

I agree. I think many many people are scared, for many reasons, and are jumping at shadows. I also think that many have been emboldened by any threat -- real or imagined -- and using it as an opportunity to flex what power they have. And, yes, much comes from TV and/or the movie screen.

More are aware of the issues though and they're willing to give up their own dogmas for a bit civility and harmony. Let's just hope it's growing pains and not a blood clot!

Yes -- let's!!! We are not perfect as a nation or as people, but we can do better than this. I'll join you in hoping and praying that the reasonable and rational bring back respect and civility.

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Yes sir. Here in Detroit...most liq, party, weed stores.Gas stations...everywhere. Some signs are worse than that.

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I predict shooting will make it worse.

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: GopiGrl

Only if you stop shooting

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The only problem is total lack of deterrent/punishment. It starts in childhood, maybe 3 or 4 years old, with do gooders screaming about child abuse parents are frightened to reprimand their children. And I don't mean child abuse. Now the child learns that and they push the boundaries of bad behaviour. They then grow up to be young adults and push more crime boundaries and following the riots etc. they know they wont be punished, or if they are it's only a slap on the wrist. Now with this "privileged" generation the crimes that they can get away with are numerous and an awful lot of those crimes are against people, serious crimes.

Now you knowing that are you going to ask first (whereby the criminal has the upper hand to do exactly what they want) or are you going to defend yourself, and that includes gunfire. As far as I could say is it's in the criminals hands (or the innocent party that could be construed as a criminal) if you act in a criminal behaviour expect to be shot. But don't bleat about it after. Or more to the point of, your parents knowing your a criminal and appearing on TV or in the news paper showing a picture of an innocent looking 10 year old saying he wouldn't do anything like that.

Or do you have to wait while they rob your till for a few dollars and kill you because it's not enough what they want or wait while they rape and murder your wife in front of you then kill you because you can ID them. Your choice.

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed
PS. There will ALWAYS be somebody in the wrong place at the wrong time.

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Notabot12345666

They are not afraid of death...too many videogames...you're right to some extent...many are zombies.
edit on 18-4-2023 by GopiGrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Yes -- let's!!! We are not perfect as a nation or as people, but we can do better than this. I'll join you in hoping and praying that the reasonable and rational bring back respect and civility.

You definitely can as a nation. I fully believe that.

I'd like to think civility and respect work a little bit like charity, the application should be small at first and practiced at home.

Because pre-judgement is an ugly thing. Post-judgement shouldn't make anyone feel any better either. Societal screwups are a product of society, as adults it's on us to take at least a bit responsibility for that wouldn't you think? Or just point fingers then guns... Fear everything?

Doldrums, I know that place well. Plenty of landmines in that state of mind and they all face inward. Turn them around I say. I'd rather people lose their legs than their mind.

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

You definitely can as a nation. I fully believe that.

I'd like to think civility and respect work a little bit like charity, the application should be small at first and practiced at home.

From your lips to God's ears 🙏

I do believe that the vast majority of people are good-hearted, honest, and non-violent. But I also know that we've all been put under tremendous pressure from all sides, that many people are not up to the challenge for many reasons, and even good people have their breaking points... bad people reach theirs much sooner.

But it's going to be up to us... the people... to be our own heroes. It sure won't be the political or media critters.

Because pre-judgement is an ugly thing. Post-judgement shouldn't make anyone feel any better either.

No, it shouldn't. An objective and reasonable sense of judgment of events and people is necessary of course. But not this relentless merciless judgment of others, and especially not in the petty, shallow, and vindictive ways that have become commonplace. So much of which is completely self-centric, with no thought or consideration for others.

Doldrums, I know that place well. Plenty of landmines in that state of mind and they all face inward. Turn them around I say. I'd rather people lose their legs than their mind.

It's easy to get stuck in our bad attitudes. It's easy to get sucked in by modern technology and social media. It's easy to get stuck in echo chambers. It's easy to get stuck in ruts.

Another poster wisely suggested that it would do everyone good to put their phone down, go outside, get out and about more and interact with people and nature and life. Sure couldn't hurt.

posted on Apr, 21 2023 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Another poster wisely suggested that it would do everyone good to put their phone down, go outside, get out and about more and interact with people and nature and life. Sure couldn't hurt.

Never forget what's real in an artificial world

That was a lovely post to read and I agree with everything you said especially the decency of individuals and who they should be looking to for role models.

top topics

join