It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James City Police officer who shot his sergeant: ‘I thought he was going to rape me!’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Here is an interesting case to watch. From the news story, a male cop was being sexually harassed by his male superior and it ended in the cop shooting his superior. Video / 911 call at the link.

Very true though, If this has been a female, I think it would be a much different outcome. Makes me wonder how much of this is going on within police forces and the .mil now.

wric.com/news/tidewater/james-city-police-officer-who-shot-his-sergeant-i-thought-he-was-going-to-rape-me/'

Rusk’s family and lawyers agree the evidence makes a case for self defense, after he says he suffered unwanted sexual advances from his superior officer.

Rusk’s dad tells 10 On Your Side his son had been subject to unwanted sexual advances from Gibson for about a year prior to the shooting.

“We just kind of wrote it off as a superior looking after a subordinate,” said Jason Rusk.

“But it started to get creepy. [Gibson] would just show up out of nowhere, on streets where Michael’s girlfriends lived,” he said.

“There was extremely inappropriate touching. The stalking, the grooming,” he said.

Rusk claims his son reported the behavior to others at the police department, but was written off. A Freedom of Information Act by 10 On Your Side requesting a history of any complaints filed against Gibson within the department was denied. Multiple attempts to reach Gibson for comment were unreturned.

On the 911 call, Rusk tells the dispatcher that he tried to deny Gibson’s advances.

“I told him ‘no’ and he just kept going. I told him to stop. He kept going. I thought he was gonna rape me,” he said.

“If our client was a female, this case would be drastically different. It’s a clear self defense issue,” said Peyton Akers, one of Rusk’s lawyers.

“It’s very unfortunate that the narrative that’s out there isn’t the narrative that’s going to come to light at trial, if this goes to trial. I believe the 911 call will play a major role in our client’s innocence,” Akers said.

posted on Apr, 7 2023 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Makes me wonder how much of this is going on within police forces and the .mil now.

Nothing new about sexual harassment in the military and police.

join