It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Way To Puppy Mill?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 08:08 AM
link   
So, I just heard about this, Saturday, and it sure seems like a new way to puppy mill dogs.
Has anyone else heard of this?

So, you want a designer dog, in this case, an Australian doodle.
You get one from a new breeder.
But, there is a catch:
If your getting a female, in this case you pay 1000.00.
You DO NOT own the dog yet.
You have to let said breeder breed the female for 4 litters.
You do not get any of the puppies.
THEN you own the dog.
If you do not agree, you have to give the dog back, but you don't get your money.
(Be sure to read any small print in the contract!)

What kind of crap is that? Sounds like you are puppy milling the dog for the breeder to me.

Please let people know this is going on. A friend's sister just got caught up in this.
Personally, no matter the sex of the dog we end up with, we always get them fixed. And many legitimate breeders ask this of you.
I didn't ask about who's responsibility it is, for the puppy healthcare, but I wish I would have.

Don't support designer dogs, or this nonsense!
We have had both purebreds and mutts. And I've posted about the heartbreak with our Mastiffs, from breeders. But we have had great luck, with our Boxers. And my current mutt Oscar a great dog!
(Hubby says he is broken, because he is a momma's boy, but he is so smart!)

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 08:38 AM
link   
What a horrible thing to get caught up in! Four litters is pretty hard on a dog, and I'd think you'd want to space them out in between, so 6-8 years until you owned the dog?

Hopefully someone will bring this practice to the attention of the proper authorities before it becomes an even bigger problem.

This last year 25 adult Great Danes were rescued from a hoarding situation here. They were all malnourished, covered in fleas and lacking in personal contact. I don't understand how people can treat animals so poorly.

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I don't either, and it just p's me off.

Although, here in MI, they are trying to pass a law that animal abusers get put on a registry, like sex offenders do. I hope it gets passed. And that it includes people that run puppy mills.

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

people aren't really paying a 1000 bucks for a dog they can't take home for least a year are they?

that's one of most ignorant things i've ever heard of. and the folks that are running the mlls, should be hung by their gentiles so that their tip toes till just barely touches the floor as punishment.

i got no sympathy for animal abuser either.

edit on 3-4-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Oh No, you can take it home.
You just have to agree to breed her, have 4 liters, give up all the puppies, then she is yours.

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Exploitation is a sickness, and it appears to be contagious...

The only time a dog should have Official-Papers™ : is when he ate them.

Choose a dog, instead of a Dog™ !

new topics

top topics

join