It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This car seems good.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I couldn't find the thread on why they don't make cars self-rechargeable so I thought I would pop this in its own thread. It seems this concept of a three-wheeler with low drag is the only way this could work at the moment, In the vid, he shows the prototype, it fits the criteria of self-charging for the average commute, but I doubt whether it will catch on as it seems that it is so off-grid, and low maintenance that the big boys won't make much profit from the concept.But it seems to fit the boxes www.bitchute.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Fun vehicle and just right for some people.

I would like an older person's version that was a bit higher off the ground but that is cool.

Street legal go cart!

P

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 11:52 PM
link   
They have been around for a bit now.

From a year ago:
Jay Leno's Garage (Youtube link)

From ten years ago:
Also Jay Leno's Garage (Youtube link)

I think that this might be one of those "High-hope and dreams" companies like "Moller Skycar", where everyone now and then the people behind the idea come out and promote their real world goods, but never really release anything to the mainstream of society.

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

No "big boys" involved to make, or not make, a profit, regardless of whether on I r off grid.

Aptera is a stand-alone company seeking to compete in the EV market. Trouble is, they've been trying to bring a viable product to market for several years now.

The vehicle shown is less a "car" in the typical sense. and more of a three-wheeled motor cycle, or "cycle-car" as they used to be called (see the Morgan MOG, the BMW Isetta, and Messerschmit Bubble car).

The Aptera is a very light-weight vehicle (to optimize EV range), and so cross-wind stability and crash-worthiness are concerns. Also, the PV cells incorporated into the bodywork, like most PV cells, can be expected to loose efficiency over time, ultimately becoming virtually useless. And since those cells are integral to the body of the vehicle, they are not likely replaceable.

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Cute but it's just vaporware until the point they actually start getting units to market. Otherwise it's just an Elio. Promises promises. But no product.

Also I would sell this as a competitor to motorcycles. And a work commuter car. But it's only going to be a 3 season car. It's not going to work in winter very well.

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Love the idea and looks super fun! I would have one for my round town drive maybe next city over. Heck maybe venture 100 miles to see my dad.... it's solar so awesome but the stopping every 400 miles for 30 min. Make Oakland to Los Angelas kind of a pain.

I wanna drive it without plugging it in and having to wait forever between charges. Also, I am not monitaraly set to get such a toy.

As for now, GAS for me baby!

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: cre8chaos
Love the idea and looks super fun! I would have one for my round town drive maybe next city over. Heck maybe venture 100 miles to see my dad.... it's solar so awesome but the stopping every 400 miles for 30 min. Make Oakland to Los Angelas kind of a pain.

In the Jay Leno video, they said there is also a 1000 mile range version, in addition to the 400 mile range version.

originally posted by: Guyfriday
They have been around for a bit now.

From a year ago:
Jay Leno's Garage (Youtube link)

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 12:16 PM
link   
If it can’t keep me warm when it’s -12 Fahrenheit out. And can’t protected me and my kid reasonably if a delivery truck hits it. I’m out.

top topics

join