It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My aunt has cancer, but I don't know what type it is because it's vaguely in Spanish

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2023 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I heard it was something like nutelino or nuletino. I think it's a type of stomach cancer. One time she couldn't lift heavy objects or wasn't suppose to. My best bet to finding out what type it is, is to translate that Spanish word. Maybe it's not even spelled right. I couldn't find a translation for it online.

posted on Feb, 26 2023 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Why don't you ask her?

posted on Feb, 26 2023 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

We're not close and it's a sensitive issue

posted on Feb, 26 2023 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Dragonslayer82

Possibly neuroendocrine?

Just a guess.

posted on Feb, 26 2023 @ 08:57 AM
link   

'adenocarcinama' seems to be the Spanish word for stomach cancer.

posted on Feb, 26 2023 @ 10:06 AM
link   

sensitive issue

It's so sensitive you had to post it on a public discussion board?

posted on Feb, 26 2023 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

sensitive issue

It's so sensitive you had to post it on a public discussion board?

If over 99 percent of folks don't even know this site exists, I understand it. They're trying to find a path towards helping.

posted on Feb, 26 2023 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

Possibly neuroendocrine?

Just a guess.

Yes, that's what I think, too.

carcinoid (neuroendocrine) tumour - tumor carcinoide (neuroendocrino) A rare tumour that begins in cells in the neuroendocrine system. Usually in the appendix and small bowel, but sometimes in the pancreas, lungs, stomach, ovaries, kidneys or testicles.

Taken from this glossary of Spanish terms for different kinds of cancers and related terminologies:

PDF: www.petermac.org...

posted on Feb, 26 2023 @ 02:47 PM
link   
My mother-in-law had a neuroendocrine tumor in the stomach. If they catch it early, the prognosis is good. The problem with this type of cancer is that there are two varieties. In one, it is easy to catch because the parent cells, being endocrine related, still function partially as endocrine cells and create hormonal problems that give it away. In the other, it's not caught nearly as early unless you get lucky because the cells don't secrete hormones that mess things it. It's asymptomatic until it gets quite large, and by then, it is advanced. Advanced cancers are usually cancers that have spread and those pretty much all have poor prognoses.

My mother-in-law had the silent type, and hers had spread to the liver by the time it was discovered. Her prognosis was not good, and, in fact, it killed her within a year of diagnosis.

(post by racit82289 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

join