It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hope? Days-long Revival Sweeping Asbury University in Kentucky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I actually have tears in my eyes reading this. Maybe there is hope yet. Maybe the youth are not entirely lost to this evil expanding all around us.

I just wish I could have seen it. I missed something important. Hopefully this will not be the last.

julieroys.com...

Presta told The Roys Report (TRR) that she had initially stepped out of chapel Wednesday morning “with the full intention” of attending her 11 a.m. class. But once outside the auditorium, she heard the gospel choir continue to sing.

“And I was like, ‘That’s weird. Why are they still going?’” she said. “And then I just felt the Spirit, the Holy Spirit, told me to go back upstairs. And so I did.”

As word spread online, students from nearby universities, like the University of Kentucky, joined in worship and prayer, Presta said. Churchgoers also started gathering—not just from the Lexington area but also traveling from as far away as Michigan and South Carolina.

Tim Beougher, pastor of West Broadway Baptist Church and a professor at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, told Kentucky Today that he was encouraged by what’s happening at Asbury. “We need to pray for the Lord’s protection on them,” he added. “When God said let us arise and build, Satan says let us arise and destroy.”

As of Saturday afternoon, students remained in the chapel, singing, praying, reading Scripture, experiencing moments of stillness, and sharing personal testimonies. One student dragged a mattress from his dorm to the chapel floor to spend the night there, Presta said. Other people slept against the wall or went home to sleep and return later, she added. The university and volunteers have provided food and drinks in the auditorium basement at times.

Asbury Collegian’s website, where Presta has posted daily updates on the revival, experienced so much traffic Saturday that it briefly crashed.

www.kentuckytoday.com...

“The truth is, I don't feel qualified to be interviewed,” said sophomore Eliza Crawford of Ashland, where she is a member of Unity Baptist Church. “I have experienced God this week in a way I haven’t before, but the radical change of others seems more significant. I feel like a bystander in the story that is unfolding and continues to unfold. I feel like a reporter. A witness to the testimonies of lives changed, tears shed, hugs shared, and utter joy and peace that is indescribable. As I head back tonight (Friday) I am anticipating encountering more and to hear and see how He is moving and working in all our lives.”

Time will tell if the revival unfolding on the campus of Asbury University will have the impact of one from 1970. The comparisons, though, are uncanny.

They both broke out during a time of unrest in America and in a normal campus chapel service. They included confession, repentance and testimonies of hundreds of students who gathered at the altar on the first day. Today, the worshiping has not stopped and has begun to spread like wildfire not only on the Asbury campus but throughout the country and even the world, thanks to social media.

Students from universities near and far have been drawn to the Asbury University campus to crowd their way into the chapel while others are watching live feeds to catch a glimpse of what is happening.

“Time brings all this to light but certainly it is an encouragement,” said Tim Beougher, the pastor of West Broadway Baptist Church and a professor at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. “We need to pray for the Lord’s protection on them. When God said let us arise and build, Satan says let us arise and destroy.”

Parents of students are driving from all over Kentucky to be part of the chapel experience. Russ and Mori Crawford drove from Ashland on Friday night to visit their daughter, Eliza, and to be part of the worship experience. They weren’t alone.

“Driving into Wilmore was like driving into the ‘Field of Dreams.’ If you build it, they will come … an unending line of cars,” Mori said, describing the traffic coming onto the campus. “After talking to Eliza and seeing all the posts, we just had to come.”

At the end of the night, they were swept up in genuine worship like everybody else.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 07:22 PM
link   
A TRUE BLESSING

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Is this the same Spirit of God that hovered above the waters back in tha' day? Appears so. This could go a long way. Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Awesome. Pray hard and unceasingly, good people!!

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The enemy can only make it appear they are winning ...

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Outstanding. Hopefully this positive direction can spread. Things would turn for the better

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I don't feel I'm worthy to ask the Lord for anything. When I pray it's for thanks or praise and on a very rare occasion for an outcome like for someone to be physically healed or to turn away from evil influences. I had however entertained the idea just today that I should be praying for our country to turn away from evil and turn back to the Lord. You'd call that a revival, although I hadn't thought of it that way.

I only had a strong feeling about this and I never even thought up a prayer in my mind. I believe that a prayer must be spoken aloud and (for me) is best done in private (not around others basically) although admittedly group prayer is quite powerful in a number of ways.

I would participate in a group prayer or a revival movement with the salvation of the soul of our country as the goal. This is a good thing to hear about, truly good news. I had given up hope in revival and hadn't given it any chance in my mind and in my heart, thanks for this news.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

We need more like this. Let's bring God back.

new topics

top topics

join