It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA’s Artemis I Mission Splashes Down in Pacific Ocean

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I thought it was scheduled for tomorrow but right now the Orion capsule is on its way down now !
10 minutes and counting.

edit on 11-12-2022 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   
fantastic news .
let s wait now how the two dolls upon which have been measured
the deadly effects of the van Allen Belt have been doing

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Textbook Splashdown , Congratulations NASA.

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Good job. I lost $20 but thats fine.

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Been watching live the past hour very cool. I can't wait for the manned mission

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoTemplar

you could be lucky -- it'd be the first .

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: lonerpt

groan……..i can’t.

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: lonerpt

originally posted by: ColoradoTemplar

you could be lucky -- it'd be the first .

The first this century.....👍

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The Van Allen belt is "deadly", yes, but the trick is not to spend too long in it. The amount of radiation the Apollo astronauts were exposed over the few hours they passed through the belt was less than that of a hospital CT scan. They were lucky there were no radiation bursts during their journey, which would have increased their radiation exposure.

Back then, they were willing to take these risks because of the space race. The drive to be "the first" and "the best" pushed the space program to its limits.
Now, that is all over with, so things have slowed down a great deal. No more "king of the hill" games, so science has taken a step back to try to rely less on luck and more in long-term solutions to get through not only the Van Allen belt, but other sources of cosmic radiation such as that from the sun. That is why they are being more cautious. They want long-term viability and sustainability rather than fast developments and rushed science.

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: wavelength
The Van Allen belt is "deadly", yes, but the trick is not to spend too long in it. The amount of radiation the Apollo astronauts were exposed over the few hours they passed through the belt was less than that of a hospital CT scan. They were lucky there were no radiation bursts during their journey, which would have increased their radiation exposure.

Back then, they were willing to take these risks because of the space race. The drive to be "the first" and "the best" pushed the space program to its limits.
Now, that is all over with, so things have slowed down a great deal. No more "king of the hill" games, so science has taken a step back to try to rely less on luck and more in long-term solutions to get through not only the Van Allen belt, but other sources of cosmic radiation such as that from the sun. That is why they are being more cautious. They want long-term viability and sustainability rather than fast developments and rushed science.

with all due respect ,
I sincerely hope you did take the boosters too .

Because 'science', eh .

new topics

top topics

join