It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US pressured Canada to stop ‘Freedom Convoy,’ new testimony reveals

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: MykeNukem

The point of the tariffs were to level the playing field long term but stop cheap chinese imported steel, especially stainless. Building the long already established commerce here.

Instead, Mexico and Canada were still importing the cheap steel and thus it didn't have its intended effect.

I have a long list of suppliers and clients that require that no chinese steel be allowed.

Yea, none of the places I work at import anything. They just produce.

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I mean I get the point that for some reason our Northern US auto plants were about to shut down if the border wasn't open, though perhaps an expert here could expound on the topic a bit.

This isn't really anything new, I heard about this on the MSM while it was still happening.

The problem was that several large plants relied on truck traffic across a couple of strategic bridges.

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

What did the protests have to do with freedom?

They blockaded things and prevented free enterprise, and freedom to travel.

Exact same #ing sentiment I conveyed regarding the BLM riots.

But I bet you're fine with that kind of actual destruction of property, road-clogging, people-abusing bull#, because feelz.

Pissed off truckers ae just a dangerous, scary hair too far here, eh?

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Spoken like a loyal peasant ...

Why are they throwing tea into the harbor?

KIng George III circa 1774

Not gonna lie I'm not a fan of disruptive protests either, however, the truckers had no choice, their livelihoods were being threatened to such a degree that it was pretty much the only solution.

Got to ask though are you still getting boosted? if not welcome to why the truckers protested, you do know the government still recommends getting boosted well at least ours does, pretty sure New Zealand does too

www.history.com...

Why Did the Boston Tea Party Happen?
In the 1760s, Britain was deep in debt, so British Parliament imposed a series of taxes on American colonists to help pay those debts.

The Stamp Act of 1765 taxed colonists on virtually every piece of printed paper they used, from playing cards and business licenses to newspapers and legal documents. The Townshend Acts of 1767 went a step further, taxing essentials such as paint, paper, glass, lead and tea.

I have had both shots and a booster. Subsequent to that, I have also had a mild case of COVID-19, so I should not need to boost until well into next year.

So after that, you will get boosted every 6 months? well unless you get COVID again and it pushed back your boosting schedule.

I'm not sure. I'm in an at-risk group, but selection pressures are pushing the virus to become milder, but more infectious, as it mutates into different strains. I'm not sure if the worst of it is 'over' just yet, but it makes sense to maintain a level of protection until it becomes benign. After all, the vaccine is subsidized fully here, and would only be about $40 a shot if it weren't.

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   
So authoritarians colluded to stop an actual grass roots movement for freedom of choice.

Wish I could say I was surprised; I am sorry to america's hat that we were dumb enough to let a true dictator wannabe into the oval office.

I seriously hope and pray that baby castro gets thumped next go around (assuming he lets the election happen), Canada deserves better.

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Not gonna lie I'm not a fan of disruptive protests either, however, the truckers had no choice, their livelihoods were being threatened to such a degree that it was pretty much the only solution.

Got to ask though are you still getting boosted? if not welcome to why the truckers protested, you do know the government still recommends getting boosted well at least ours does, pretty sure New Zealand does too

www.history.com...

In the 1760s, Britain was deep in debt, so British Parliament imposed a series of taxes on American colonists to help pay those debts.

The Stamp Act of 1765 taxed colonists on virtually every piece of printed paper they used, from playing cards and business licenses to newspapers and legal documents. The Townshend Acts of 1767 went a step further, taxing essentials such as paint, paper, glass, lead and tea.

I have had both shots and a booster. Subsequent to that, I have also had a mild case of COVID-19, so I should not need to boost until well into next year.

So after that, you will get boosted every 6 months? well unless you get COVID again and it pushed back your boosting schedule.

I'm not sure. I'm in an at-risk group, but selection pressures are pushing the virus to become milder, but more infectious, as it mutates into different strains. I'm not sure if the worst of it is 'over' just yet, but it makes sense to maintain a level of protection until it becomes benign. After all, the vaccine is subsidized fully here, and would only be about $40 a shot if it weren't.

Thanks for the replies but the point is it's up to you whether you get boosted or not, right?

Canada wanted to force all truckers to get and maintain vaccination records and forget the true fascism making them do this completely against thier will.

Having truckers have to add those papers to an already hyper-regulated process of going back and forth over the border would have very likely mucked up the works. Canada and the US have a damn good synergy going, we got the Canucks resources and Uncle Sam's financial and consuming nature, its a very simpatico relationship.

So much so that some countries may be what's the slang ?'"jelly"

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 11:03 PM
link   
In my opinion, Trudeau did illegally invoke the Emergency Measures Act on its own people. They had every right to organize and demonstrate. I wrote a blog post on this subject but I have to say, if that happened to me, I would park my new Peterbilt at the nearest bank and find another job, in case they towed my truck away and impounded it, it would still be there.
A customer at a grocery store asked the clerk, why are the shelves so empty, we can’t find any truck drivers for delivery. So you're right, --- there is more to this story. a reply to: putnam6

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

I mean I get the point that for some reason our Northern US auto plants were about to shut down if the border wasn't open, though perhaps an expert here could expound on the topic a bit.

This isn't really anything new, I heard about this on the MSM while it was still happening.

The problem was that several large plants relied on truck traffic across a couple of strategic bridges.

Yea but as it's been pointed out here it sounds like a convenient excuse to be buttinskis to another sovereign nation's internal situations. You know pretty much how both political parties do it in America

posted on Nov, 27 2022 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Ya Right *sarcasm*
Bs . . . and the covfefe mandates
had absolutely
nothing to do with supply shortages ?
This is a distraction to save trudeau's sorry @ss
FYI
#2) Just-In-Time auto parts,
were being flown in by cargo planes.

#3) Just as trudaeu called legitimate
protesters 'terrorists' to shift the blame,
now it is all Biden's fault ? Lol
Nice try but No GO
The coward should go back to hiding
under his bed.

posted on Nov, 27 2022 @ 01:25 AM
link   

www.history.com...

Thanks for the replies but the point is it's up to you whether you get boosted or not, right?

Canada wanted to force all truckers to get and maintain vaccination records and forget the true fascism making them do this completely against thier will.

Having truckers have to add those papers to an already hyper-regulated process of going back and forth over the border would have very likely mucked up the works. Canada and the US have a damn good synergy going, we got the Canucks resources and Uncle Sam's financial and consuming nature, its a very simpatico relationship.

One interesting statistic was that 85% of the cross border Canadian truckers were already vaccinated. Another is that according to 'the Canadian Trucking Alliance', most protestors had no connection to trucking.

But governments have often opposed people doing whatever they want. That's why they have so many criminals in prison. Especially in the US, which has more of its citizens incarcerated both in absolute numbers and per capita, than any other country. And strangely, the crime rate there is about median for the rest of the world. (Then why would they have the highest incarceration rate, and not the highest crime rate? What they all in jail for)?

List of countries by incarceration rate From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Crime Rate by Country 2022

Could it be that when Americans talk about "freedom", that the rest of the world shrugs and winks?

edit on 27/11/2022 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2022 @ 06:33 AM
link   

a reply to: chr0naut
One interesting statistic was that 85% of the cross border Canadian truckers were already vaccinated. Another is that according to 'the Canadian Trucking Alliance', most protestors had no connection to trucking.

Correct, because most chose to get vax'd, the problem was the "mandatory" part.

The truckers just started the protest, they also had the support of different trades and anyone else who felt their Rights were being trampled, as well.

When hundreds of thousands of Canadians get pissed off at once, it's probably because someone F# up bad. We usually don't get riled up, unless it's hockey or beer related. LOL.

posted on Nov, 27 2022 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

It seems that the poster that you replied to has totally missed the point.

At Coutts there were maybe 100 trucks.

A few miles up the road these “400 people” as reported by the “media”, were another problem for Trudy.

Those not familiar with the area should google earth it. This is the middle of nowhere.

For every person that had the wherewithal to be there how many were sitting at home. 10? 20? 100?

Trudy and the old man south of the border had a bigger problem coming down the pipe than a bit of a steel shortage.

rumble.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2022 @ 07:19 PM
link   

www.history.com...

But governments have often opposed people doing whatever they want. That's why they have so many criminals in prison. Especially in the US, which has more of its citizens incarcerated both in absolute numbers and per capita, than any other country. And strangely, the crime rate there is about median for the rest of the world. (Then why would they have the highest incarceration rate, and not the highest crime rate? What they all in jail for)?

List of countries by incarceration rate From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Crime Rate by Country 2022

Could it be that when Americans talk about "freedom", that the rest of the world shrugs and winks?

I agree about America and a desperate need for prison reform Google Trump prison reform, one of the best things he did. It was a bipartisan proposal and it's been floating around every administration probably since the 90s IIRC. Never had wings at all till Trump.

but let's stay on topic

How many of the 85% vaxxed supported the Truckers' protest? easily half or there wouldn't have been such an effect.

Not to mention how many of them solely got vaxxed because they would have lost their and their family's livelihoods if they didn't? In Canada, it should have never been mandatory, especially for essential services. That's not freedom and they have crippled their healthcare system by firing so many healthcare workers

edit on 27-11-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join