It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Textbook Lake Effect Snow Storm in Michigan and New York

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

We are an odd lot by comparison, no argument!

Was telling the wife today how we used to build snow complexes at the high school near where I grew up. The plow guys would make these giant mounds and we would spend the entire weekend building tunnels and forts.

High school kids would knock them down during the week, the we'd start again. This kind of early snowfall hasn't been seen in quite awhile.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: MykeNukem
Solid foot of snow in the driveway now. Drifts are up to 3' FFS.

Looks like the UP getting hammered, as well.

Was beautiful last few weeks, this isn't fair.

Ah well, I'll get started on the igloo...

We're way ahead of you XD My kids built a lean-to shelter out of various sticks, downed branches and a ton of snow. And it's actually functional as a small shelter!

Oh to be a kid again when we actually LOVED the snow.

Now it's like FFS I gotta go do the driveway again...LOL

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem
Ain’t that the truth. We had huge sledding hills about 1/4 mile away and we would walk blocks to spend most of an afternoon on them. Named the runs even. “Nutcracker” was particularly dangerous to ride on your stomach. Of course I drive by now and realize how small every hill actually was to an adult. We also flooded our little backyard and created a skating rink. Seems winters were a bit colder in the sixties.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Couple of years ago, here in NJ, had a sudden snowstorm in October. Many of the trees still had leaves and result was large number of trees coming down and taking power lines with them. Also had trees faling on houses

Large amount of damage

often its the timing of the storm which causes the most problems

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Oh Oh, doesn't look good for us in the UK cos they always say we have the same weather as the US after a couple of weeks.

Brilliant it’s 25c in Orlando next week, time to get the garden furniture back out and my paddling pool ready.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zrtst
Ain’t that the truth. We had huge sledding hills about 1/4 mile away and we would walk blocks to spend most of an afternoon on them. Named the runs even. “Nutcracker” was particularly dangerous to ride on your stomach. Of course I drive by now and realize how small every hill actually was to an adult. We also flooded our little backyard and created a skating rink. Seems winters were a bit colder in the sixties.

"nutcracker" LMAO

I was sledding in the 70s and early 80s but same type of scenario, we had a sledding hill that was close and rinks everywhere.

We used to love using Krazy Karpets and those round red disk saucer things, I'm actually surprised I still have all my digits, did we ever freeze sometimes, lol.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 09:23 AM
link   
We had a small rink across the street. City Parks and Rec.

I would spend hours there, until the porch light went on.
It was a odd year if the makeshift rink wasn't functional by Christmas vacation.

Good times.

posted on Nov, 22 2022 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Some storm totals, and some pics of sand hoodoos [first link]
www.mlive.com...

Sand formations, also known as “sand hoodoos,” popped up along the beach at Grand Haven State Park. The formations happen under certain circumstances when cold air and moisture freeze the sand quickly and winds help carve away the remaining sand.

www.mlive.com...

The Blizzard of 1978 was a storm that crippled at least five states with two days of snow and then two days of strong winds and drifting. This past weekend’s storm was a relatively isolated extremely heavy snow. The 4 foot to 6 foot stripe of heavy snow was about 20 miles wide and maybe 50 miles long.

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Alrighty then, time to bring a little doom & gloom into the picture now!

Maybe since the cold Winter weather is early this year means that the next little ice age has begun. I mean our sun is experiencing the next grand solar or maunder minimum now right? Only to get colder each year until it is all over with? ❄️🥶
edit on 23-11-2022 by DoomsdayDude because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join