It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Irony Cash Only

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: pureblood69
But you need electricity for the gas stations or you still wont get any gas.

Technology is supposed to make things easier . We use to be able to count votes on election day every single time .

Now with all the technology it takes a week

That makes no effing sense

Just think what will happen during a power outage when you try to charge-up your electric car 🤣🤣🤣

PV solar panels on your roof tied into "power wall" in your garage.

And, maybe a backup generator in your yard, if you live in an area prone to power outages?

It's all about "Being Prepared"!

link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I would like to figure out how to economically invest in fuel security perhaps some sort of a co-op gas station type of operation I’ve heard of a few of them like gasoline clubs were you buy at the lowest price and then everyone pays that lower price kind of a co-op and you have a card.

link   

I would like to figure out how to economically invest in fuel security perhaps some sort of a co-op gas station type of operation I’ve heard of a few of them like gasoline clubs were you buy at the lowest price and then everyone pays that lower price kind of a co-op and you have a card.

link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
a reply to: pureblood69

The power went out just as I finished pumping the gas.

If there was no power, how did the clerk know how much it was? 😁

The pumps and their systems have a UPS, so do the cash registers. The modem they use for credit card transactions didn't. I asked.

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: xuenchen

Someone could make a buck or two designing a wind up crank for a Tesla…

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 12:01 PM
link   

The power went out just as I finished pumping the gas.

If there was no power, how did the clerk know how much it was? 😁

The pumps and their systems have a UPS, so do the cash registers. The modem they use for credit card transactions didn't. I asked.

👍😎

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar
You could also make a fortune with a universal window crank.

They want 400$ to fix one electric window. Someone needs to invent a crank for electric windows

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I always have $100 cash at home and $100 cash in my wallet at all times for those reasons

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

You forget that 99% of human history existed without electricity and running water. Much of that even without national currencies at all. Somehow, gold was always still accepted for payment in most all communities, fieifdoms, towns or cities. Even roaming trade caravans and the occasional hermit.

Anyone who is carrying around pounds and pounds of gold was never in a position to be scurrying away in a hurry. That would be someone with signifigant resources to begin with, considering a single 100 ounce bar (just over 6 pounds) could buy you a block house.

It has often bought more and less throughout our limited time on this rock, but it always seems to find a buyer.

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 12:27 PM
link   
You should see the evil looks that flit across peoples faces when I tell them that.

technology is supposed to make life easier. Lol.

Irony that’s close to the bone

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 12:35 PM
link   
And most of that with FAR fewer people living in WAY worse conditions.

a reply to: worldstarcountry

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence

That is such an incredible idea I know it would be shot down at every twist and turn!

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

You forget that 99% of human history existed without electricity and running water. Much of that even without national currencies at all. Somehow, gold was always still accepted for payment in most all communities, fieifdoms, towns or cities. Even roaming trade caravans and the occasional hermit.

My mom grew up without electricity and without running water.
She said it was hard but they didn’t know any better so they didn’t think much about it.
She also mentioned that washing their clothes in the river got them so much cleaner than washing machines today. She said they didn’t even use soap. My mom never used shampoo in her life until she met my dad. I 100% believe a lot of the hair issues we have today is due to all the chemicals we pour on our head.

Back to living without electricity. Where I live I’m on well water, and our water is easily accessible. Our number one problem is keeping warm when it is bitterly cold. This was done here for generations with fire. There are still some people that live off grid here. We are also lucky in that we have massive amounts of wildlife. I know if tshtf everyone would be trying to hunt things, but I know some of us would have a great head start and the means to do it.

I think the older generations would still find value in Gold and Silver. The younger generation would find value in drugs.

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 01:34 PM
link   
with all the recent developments in solar, batters and quantum energy it wont be long till everything can stay powered without wires, fuel or power plants, its only a matter of time and i mean a few years not decades. like lithium-air as an example is almost as energy dense as gasoline so we'd finally have a suitable replacement when that gets in the market, really though why would you oppose other ways of generating energy that require no fuel thus no gas prices to deal with? cheap to generate, can charge low prices and still profit, no shipping costs, etc, sure the oil industry would be destroyed but that just means room for new industries.

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

How will the unemployment and economic devastation be handled ? 😀

We need a full detailed analysis breakdown on paper 😀

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I get the feeling we are headed toward a global currency; both digital and coinage.

...and barter will make a comeback...

It's already starting.
Augustus said it best, law of unintended consequences.

When a parent is too strict with a child, what happens? They are the ones that go bat sh*t crazy, right?
Those are the ones sneaking out at night, drinking and all manners of debauchery!

Well, us grown humans aren't too different. The more they try to control money and trade, the more people will go offline.
Here people are already trading. We've already seen they are using social media messages for law enforcement.
If that continues to happen, people will find other ways.
The younger generations is sick of useless crap too. They don't want a ten piece china set, or another knife set.
They are pefectly OK living in a gutted out school bus. Those kinds are people are actually the hardest to control because they can live off of very little. They do love their tech, so we'll see how that plays out...

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 01:58 PM
link   

a reply to: namehere

How will the unemployment and economic devastation be handled ? 😀

We need a full detailed analysis breakdown on paper 😀

why are you asking me? im just pointing out what is being developed, their advantages and new opportunities they will open up, besides that its not like such a situation hasn't happened in the past with other advances, things turned out fine during those times for those that took advantage of the new opportunities without being stubborn about old ways and our prosperity increased every time. plus there's plenty of jobs besides oil industry jobs or whatever, people aren't helpless and the only ones who will suffer is the ones that remain stubborn and refuse to prepare for the future while they still have a decent paying job. history shows that progress waits for no man, fight it like people of past industries did and you will regret it when you do lose everything.

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 02:01 PM
link   

a reply to: beyondknowledge

Many gas stations have a server with a UPS that will retain the CC information and resend it when Internet or power is restored.

How do they pump the gas?

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

They will take it from you. Wouldnt you for your kids?

Absolutely not. I would not sell my soul and do violence to another family just so my family can have provisions. Is this the person you see yourself as?

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

They will take it from you. Wouldnt you for your kids?

I have a neighbor who expressed that sentiment to me a few years ago, He said he would not be preparing at all and would just come take whatever I had. That's when I bought an AR-15. Then I made sure to tell him. He was obviously not happy with me. Maybe he should have thought about what he said.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join